The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
A TASM-esque cameo of sorts for Luthor in MOS would be pretty cool, I think. World building.

I think there will be hints of Luthor in the film but I don't know about this scoop. Harry himself has been very inconsistent for the past decade when it comes to news.

They cast Crowe as Jor-El, Diane Lane as Ma, Kevin friggin Costner as Pa, Amy Adams as Lois... lesser-known Michael Shannon as Zod, but who is also an Oscar guy... it doesn't add up. If it wasn't AICN saying it, I wouldn't believe it at all.

I swear this guy looks and sounds like Metallo from the animated series....

Ill never understand the hate for billy zane as lex luthor. I know the guy does pretty bad movies these days, thats a given. However my point of view has always been that had he continued to make big movies like titanic and cool, smaller films like demon night and the phantom, ppl would be kissing his hairy beanbag. I feel thats incredibly unfair as every movie I've seen him in where he plays a villain he exudes such sinister but very charismatic charm. Take for instance, titanic. I know its cool to hate the movie now, but watching that movie even now, theres times when even though you know hes a bad guy, I often times felt myself feeling sorry for him. And I could see why. Because he was a very charismatic person. Now thats how I see lex luthor. Because although hes the villain, metropolis doesn't know that. He charms his way into their heart through their hearts with a cunning, deceptive public image of the man who is only trying to make metropolis the best it can be, as apposed to his true selfish lust for power. Billy zane has that character down pat and was born to play him in my opinion. I just simply don't see the hate.

About that scoop. I think it's possible that they used this guy in a quick shot towards the end of the movie, like saying his name and the camera gets a shot of a man's bald head from behind.

I'm pretty sure they'll be casting someone big for Luthor.

Think of it like The Amazing Spider-Man, the post credit scene with Norman Osborn. You heard the voice, a quick flash where u couldn't really make out his face. But of course they have cast a completely different actor now for the next 2 movies.

I think the same thing will happen here.

Corey Stoll?

stoll.jpg

Is Corey Stoll a character Guy Pearce has played in some film I'm not aware of?

If not... :o

Haha I thought the exact same thing!!! Now that I would be more willing to buy somewhat, if he were Metallo.

About that scoop. I think it's possible that they used this guy in a quick shot towards the end of the movie, like saying his name and the camera gets a shot of a man's bald head from behind.

I'm pretty sure they'll be casting someone big for Luthor.

Think of it like The Amazing Spider-Man, the post credit scene with Norman Osborn. You heard the voice, a quick flash where u couldn't really make out his face. But of course they have cast a completely different actor now for the next 2 movies.

I think the same thing will happen here.

:up: Shauner, man, again, I have to keep handing it to you, you are right on with your posts. lol

They cast Crowe as Jor-El, Diane Lane as Ma, Kevin friggin Costner as Pa, Amy Adams as Lois... lesser-known Michael Shannon as Zod, but who is also an Oscar guy... it doesn't add up. If it wasn't AICN saying it, I wouldn't believe it at all.

That's exactly what I am saying. I said this in another thread, but here are my thoughts on the whole thing; and this is no slight against Mackenzie Gray, but it just does not line up with everything we have seen so far to be legit, IMO. I mean, they cast an Oscar winner as Superman's father, an Oscar winner as Superman's surrogate father, an Oscar nominee as his surrogate mother, an Oscar nominee as his girlfriend, an Oscar nominee as his boss, an Oscar nominee as the villain ... and a guy who had a part on 'Smallville' as Superman's GREATEST ENEMY?

Ill never understand the hate for billy zane as lex luthor. I know the guy does pretty bad movies these days, thats a given. However my point of view has always been that had he continued to make big movies like titanic and cool, smaller films like demon night and the phantom, ppl would be kissing his hairy beanbag. I feel thats incredibly unfair as every movie I've seen him in where he plays a villain he exudes such sinister but very charismatic charm. Take for instance, titanic. I know its cool to hate the movie now, but watching that movie even now, theres times when even though you know hes a bad guy, I often times felt myself feeling sorry for him. And I could see why. Because he was a very charismatic person. Now thats how I see lex luthor. Because although hes the villain, metropolis doesn't know that. He charms his way into their heart through their hearts with a cunning, deceptive public image of the man who is only trying to make metropolis the best it can be, as apposed to his true selfish lust for power. Billy zane has that character down pat and was born to play him in my opinion. I just simply don't see the hate.

I agree, I have always thought Billy Zane would have made an AWESOME Lex Luthor. Only thing is, 1, is he too old for it now? And 2, would he even consider it I wonder....? Other than that, Billy Zane is ideal, I don't get how people would dislike that casting either. Maybe they don't like it because the likelihood of it actually happening is so slim so they prefer we suggest more realistic possibilities...? :huh: Anyway, I agree with you. And I want to see Luthor similar to how he was in the Byrne era. He was so badass, evil and despicable, yet despicably and deliciously entertaining in Byrne's Man of Steel series - great comic. I think Zane could pull him off - I think he'd be the closest thing to the Superman: TAS Lex you could get, and that would be fantastic, that is very much the Lex I want to see on film.

Luthor's body double, for security purposes. The real Lex doesn't show up much. Superman grabs this guy and says "Its over Lex!" And he just laughs as the real Lex appears behind Superman in a giant robotic suit and slaps him around.

I donr believe this rumour for a second. Like I said in the All Things thread I could see him as Lex's associate or something but no way will he be Lex unless its the back of his head.

Ill be honest all I hope is Lexcorp is mentioned or something don't need anymore than that. Then in the sequel (if we get one) bring in for Lex. I'd like to see Pearce or McConaughey.

Why people believe AICN and similar ****e sites like LatinoReview?! They were big 7 or 8 years ago but now when you want scoops you have to visit Deadline or THR and those fanboy websites have to write 'A+' reviews for movies like G.I. Joe: Retaliation.

i want Matthew McConaughey for lex he is good looking,smooth talking,charming,likable,and with killer joe he can be down right evil

hopefully nolan's influence with him being attached to intersellar could bring him to Lex:yay:

also looks like he put some muscle back on since losing all that weight for that dallas buyers club movie
matthew-mcconaughey-435.jpg

As long as he's shirtless, he'll sign on in no time.

He'd be a great choice, the guy may have for years been stuck doing rom cons but look at his work lately. The guys a good actor and has a great look for Lex.

Yup, I want Mackenzie Gray to be revealed as Corben .

Just throwing this out there: how crazy would it be if they filmed some 11th-hour material for the film featuring Lex that wouldn't be cut in until right before the release date (a la the shawarma scene in Avengers)?

That would only work if Lex is eating shawarma. Or 40 cakes.

That would only work if Lex is eating shawarma. Or 40 cakes.
Perry: All right, everyone. Luthor's at it again. He's taken 40 cakes!

Jenny: He took 40 cakes?!

Lois: That... that's as many as four tens!

Clark: And that's terrible. *whoosh*

I'd kill over in joy if this guy turns out to be Metallo and that mocap man is playing Metallo when he gets bigger. That would be freaking awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"