The Official Metal Gear Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tracking Naomi always pisses me off, damn FROGS.

Fighting the Cocoon in Peace Walker was probably one of the most frustrating things of the series. :argh:

I never minded the Cocoon battle, but the second Peace Walker battle, that really grinds my gears :jedi:

Oh yeah that damn near killed me too, but it felt soo good when I finally got it to stop moving. I was freaking out though, I was all out rockets as it lay inert so I just about went through all my armory trying to finish it off.

The emblem stuff in MGS4 (need for the iPod trophy) is a bit of a *****, really. So many itty-bitty pieces and no kind of in-game counter to help you through it. Even with the BB emblem in the bag it's gonna be a grind to get 'em.

The emblem stuff in MGS4 (need for the iPod trophy) is a bit of a *****, really. So many itty-bitty pieces and no kind of in-game counter to help you through it. Even with the BB emblem in the bag it's gonna be a grind to get 'em.
This would have made things a bit more bearable and it seems like such an oversight. In game stats really should be an industry standard by now and this game most definitely could have benefited from that

Kojima posted this on Twitter. I'm guessing this is What the game will look like running on the PS3/Xbox 360.

3IEGb.jpg

Kojima also confirmed that the grey hair is due to RIM lighting.

So BB doesn't have gray hair then, which I suppose makes sense given how Chico looks. Also, i guess Doyle wont be voicing snake then despite the fact that it was already known that Hayter's Japanese VO counterpart is doing the voice in the trailer.

Rim lighting? That doesn't make any sense. Back lighting doesn't make an entire person's beard and hair go from dark brown to salt and pepper. It only lightens the RIM (hence the term) of an object. It doesn't suddenly change the saturation value of the entire object. I think he's BSing.

This:

3151891639_b8ea274c54.jpg

does not equal this:

ground-zeroes.jpg%3Fw%3D600

Until I see more game footage of a dark brown haired Snake, I'm calling it as: Hideo decided at some point that he wanted BB to be older, and he's back pedaling due to back lash.

Last edited:
Rim lighting? That doesn't make any sense. Back lighting doesn't make an entire person's beard and hair go from dark brown to salt and pepper. It only lightens the RIM (hence the term) of an object. It doesn't suddenly change the saturation value of the entire object. I think he's BSing.

This:

3151891639_b8ea274c54.jpg

does not equal this:

ground-zeroes.jpg%3Fw%3D600

Until I see more game footage of a dark brown haired Snake, I'm calling it as: Hideo decided at some point that he wanted BB to be older, and he's back pedaling due to back lash.
What backlash? For the most part, I just see people confused by how Big Boss could have aged so much in such a short time.

Uuugghh...I just finished The End battle in MGS3 and didn't get his camo. I held the dude up THREE times.. Nothing. WTFrick...

*sigh*

It's been a while since I played MGS3 so instead of moving my gun from back to his head 3 times I just held him up three times.

Bugger...

523227_10151019212480986_170820888_n.jpg

Okay. That's old Big Boss on the right, and young Solid Snake in the middle. I'm assuming that's young Big Boss on the left?
That's defo Liquid.

It looks like a beard, but using my trusty PS3, I've discovered, it isn't. Because his upper lip has no hair above it.

And remember. I'm the guy who used his trusty PS3 to be the first discover Superman had no trunks :p

I really don't think it's Liquid... There's a bandanna blowing to the side.

Uuugghh...I just finished The End battle in MGS3 and didn't get his camo. I held the dude up THREE times.. Nothing. WTFrick...
Did you pick it up when he dropped it?

He should have muttered something like, "Eh... Alright."

No, I didn't do it right. :-/ Ah well, no big deal.

Also, here is a comparison pic i threw together so you can see them next to each other.

529976_4253312538396_1501642642_n.jpg

Eh. The difference isn't too bad.

Nah, not really. Given the option though I'd probably go with the next gen version... Provided there will be two versions.

Also, here is a comparison pic i threw together so you can see them next to each other.

How'd you get this? Is there footage running on PS3/360 somewhere?

But there's no bandanna actually on his head :huh:

You can't always see the bandanna with Yoji Shinkawa's work, here should be an instantly recognisable picture of Solid Snake:
MGS2-metal-gear-solid-2-7023906-1280-1024.jpg

Yet there is no discernible bandanna, aside from the part that hangs down the back of his head, just like the pic of Naked Snake, who also has a beard and the collar appears to be more like Naked Snake's fatigues than Liquid's coat.

Interesting. ill take back my "bs" claim and just say that they need to work on the way the hair reacts to light and water. The lighting is deff making his hair look unrealistically washed out in that next gen pic.

Thanks for posting that. :up:

You can't always see the bandanna with Yoji Shinkawa's work, here should be an instantly recognisable picture of Solid Snake:
MGS2-metal-gear-solid-2-7023906-1280-1024.jpg

Yet there is no discernible bandanna, aside from the part that hangs down the back of his head, just like the pic of Naked Snake, who also has a beard and the collar appears to be more like Naked Snake's fatigues than Liquid's coat.
sorry Llama I don't see anything in that spoiler in close space your trying to show us. try again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"