The Official Superman Fan Art & Manips Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
5726153428_655577e7df.jpg

Isn't it awesome?
I love it. :up:

personally, i think it looks god awful.

I think ridges are a given honestly. It looked good in SR, and a flat S doesn't look as good.

I want a dimensional \S/, just more Raimi's spider webbing and less Singer mountain range. I'd also like Medusone's \S/ better if it were a full pentagon.

Now that is an S I can get behind. A recognizable symbol across the world.

+1000... this is exactly my point, the audience does not need to be confused, we DO NOT need a totally new design.

ok?.... i can tell you want a 'total" reboot of the franchise with a new suit, good for you, id say most do not want or need this.
I didn't say anything about a total reboot of the franchise. It does need a reboot, and so far everything is looking good with the producer, director, and cast; when it comes to the suit it needs to look refreshing, which is why the suit is going to be redesigned while still staying true to the character; Anyone expecting any less is setting themselves up for disappointment. The briefs and low neckline are not make or break its, neither is a yellow belt. Same goes for the logo.

I don't see why they need to change the logo (or the costume for that matter), but I'm sure they will. However I don't seem them making it too different. I'm sure people will still be able to recognize it. I can't wait to see the new S and costume. Hopefully sometime in the next couple of months.

sshieldsm.jpg

It does need a reboot

it really didn't... i still think superman returns should of got a sequel, it's too soon to reboot it. if anything it just confused audiences but i guess there's nothing to do about it now. case in point look what happened to the incredible hulk, yes it was better than lee's hulk but it was too soon to reboot it and it suffered at the box office.

Except it did. As much as I didn't have a problem with SR, it proved audience want something more from Superman movies, not the Reeves universe and feel again.

And TIH wasn't too soon of a reboot and didn't confuse audiences.

it really didn't... i still think superman returns should of got a sequel, it's too soon to reboot it. if anything it just confused audiences but i guess there's nothing to do about it now. case in point look what happened to the incredible hulk, yes it was better than lee's hulk but it was too soon to reboot it and it suffered at the box office.

Two completely different examples.

SR was a sequel to a decades old movie franchise. MOS will be the Superman film of our time.

Hulk tried to be Hulk movie of our time. It failed, so they tried again.

But that has no relation to MOS imo, because of the nature of SR itself.

Two completely different examples.

SR was a sequel to a decades old movie franchise. MOS will be the Superman film of our time.

Hulk tried to be Hulk movie of our time. It failed, so they tried again.

But that has no relation to MOS imo, because of the nature of SR itself.

ill reserve judgement when i see the suit and a teaser/trailer.

I don't see why they need to change the logo (or the costume for that matter), but I'm sure they will. However I don't seem them making it too different. I'm sure people will still be able to recognize it. I can't wait to see the new S and costume. Hopefully sometime in the next couple of months.

sshieldsm.jpg

This is what I want! The colours and dimensions are perfect. The style I'm not too bothered about if it were changed.

BTW, does anyone have that SuperMed poster that Henry Cavil's head manip'd on? I'd love to see it again.

5726153428_655577e7df.jpg

Isn't it awesome?
No.

They call him Superman because of the S on his chest. This looks like nothing. It's not recognizable as an S unless you really study it. If they went with this, they wouldn't say, "He had an S on his chest." They'd say, "He had this weird thing on his chest."

i don't see why they need to change the logo (or the costume for that matter), but i'm sure they will. However i don't seem them making it too different. I'm sure people will still be able to recognize it. I can't wait to see the new s and costume. Hopefully sometime in the next couple of months.

sshieldsm.jpg
got my vote!

No offence, but it's not an S. At least I never looked at it as an S, it's the House of El crest.

No offence, but it's not an S. At least I never looked at it as an S, it's the House of El crest.

That's because you're so intuitive. Sure, it's the House of El crest, but it looks like an S, hence the reason they call him Superman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"