The Official Superman Fan Art & Manips Thread - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
...you do realize that these letters aren't a literal translation, right? They're supposed to be house crests. English =\= Kryptonian. Any resemblance to English letters is a pure coincidence. That being said, it'd be ridiculous for there to be two house crest symbols who happened to perfectly match the first letter of the characters' names, which is why Zod's crest does not resemble an actual Z.

I tried explaining this a couple of times before, but you did it better. :up:

I will add that, if one was to go by the nonsensical logic that Kryptonian crest symbols are somehow represented by the first letter of a character's name (in one of many remote languages used by another planet, i.e, Earth), Superman's crest would technically look like a K (for Kal), Jor-El's crest would look like a J, and of course, Zod's crest would resemble a Z. And that would just be silly.

Last edited:
I tried explaining this a couple of times before, but you did it better. :up:

I will add that, if one was to go by the nonsensical logic that Kryptonian crest symbols are somehow represented by the first letter of a character's name (in one of many remote languages used by another planet, i.e, Earth), Superman's crest would technically look like a K (for Kal), Jor-El's crest would look like a J, and of course, Zod's crest would resemble a Z. And that would just be silly.

If they went with the first letter of the complete name, Zod's would be a D and not a Z. :)

Another one, the speeches of the fathers.

fatherspeech.jpg

Transliteration of Jor-El's speech:
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders." -Jor-El

Nice work with The Kryptonian font with The Fortress Of Solitude.

Btw the original shield manip is Binker's, if anyone didn't notice 2 posts above..

Actually, I made the shield manip a couple of days ago. Here's the Facebook post and the image on Imgur.

I originally made the MoS logo using Video Copilot's Element 3D software and just modified it for Zod's crest.

c9j9JUgl.jpg

2NnJ7N9l.jpg

Last edited:
I created this Man of Steel logo "trailer" using Adobe After Effects and a plug-in from Video Copilot called Element 3D. Be sure to watch in HD!

[YT]s5WVoBrQS7U[/YT]

I created this Man of Steel logo "trailer" using Adobe After Effects and a plug-in from Video Copilot called Element 3D. Be sure to watch in HD!

[YT]s5WVoBrQS7U[/YT]
Holy crap, dude, gorgeous. Well done. Reminds me of the full logo treatment in the comic con trailer. I hope they use that in the third trailer.

[YT]s5WVoBrQS7U[/YT]

Awesome Job!

Here are a few different versions of my take on Zod's shield.

Plain
Zod2.jpg

Plain with details.
Zod6.jpg

This one's supposed to be in the same style as the official shield.
Zod9.jpg

This is my favorite. It's kind of a black marble look.
Zod11.jpg

Edit.It look good, but the is really big.

Last edited:
Wow, those large glasses actually do change Cavill's appearance quite a bit.

Hi all, here's my manip - Clark Kent

czKrpOZXFhw.jpg

^^ That looks a lot like Curt Swan Clark Kent. :up:

[Image]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_BlsLZY4Qci8/TG_rvdvYzxI/AAAAAAAABEE/j3QNAJiTiwQ/s1600/uglyclark.jpg[/Image]

Hey guys. So i just stared at Zod's shield about half an hour, trying to figure it out.
I mean, when we look at Superman's shield, it's always been an S, no matter how much it was twisted and curved. Looking at this Zod shield, I couldn't understand how it might be a Z. But I think I may have come across something.
zodunmasked.jpg

Maybe it's supposed to be a cursive Z? But in that respect, it could also be seen as a 3. I don't know, I'm just spitballing here.

Btw the original shield manip is Binker's, if anyone didn't notice 2 posts above..

I saw the same thing :up:
http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r502/Golle87/zodz_zpscd1f1e1d.jpg

To me it makes sense no matter what others say :p
At least I've found a way to accept his chest symbol :woot:

okay this took me forever to do over the course of 2 weeks
i never did the original version i just painted and manipped in the man of steel version and that was a tough job to do because i had to paint alot of the suit in because there is no angle of henry cavill flying like this anywhere i hope you all like it :)
the original was made by amazing artist Jeremy Roberts
http://jprart.deviantart.com/art/Superman-in-flight-87891920
man_of_steel_new_flyby_by_rocketman28-d5swyty.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys. So i just stared at Zod's shield about half an hour, trying to figure it out.
I mean, when we look at Superman's shield, it's always been an S, no matter how much it was twisted and curved. Looking at this Zod shield, I couldn't understand how it might be a Z. But I think I may have come across something.
zodunmasked.jpg

Maybe it's supposed to be a cursive Z? But in that respect, it could also be seen as a 3. I don't know, I'm just spitballing here.

It could also be a 5 as well if you use the right half of the shield for the top instead of the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"