The Official 'Thor Rate & Review' thread - Part 1

Discussion in 'Thor' started by Thread Manager, Apr 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MahvelBaby! Registered

You know what I had only seen IM2 once in theaters and just recently bought the Blu-ray I was down on IM2 despite actually not hating it at the time I thought it was just ok. After finally seeing it again with alot more perspective I love it, it is still a flawed film, but it is part of a bigger picture and still entertaining and I actually love the Shield stuff in it. My problems were in other areas of the film, mostly Vanko's very limited screen time and breif fight scene at the end. But even those short-comings seemed less annoying this time around. I guess it finally just grew on me. :yay:

2. Mr. Earle Registered

So expressing his opinion is trolling? :whatever:

Is this some sort of meta-trolling from your part?

3. Spider-ManHero12 Web-Slinger

I'll be seeing this film a second time on monday.

Btw, I don't see where Kat Denning's character was bad. She was there to lighten the mood, and it worked, if you ask me. The Audience seemed to enjoy her!

4. StarkTheProdigy Registered

We all have our own opinions, and I respect them. However, the minute one says an opinion, and does it in the manner that his/her opinion is better than everyone else's and is "right" that's when the line is crossed. Anyways, I saw the movie last night, I enjoyed it, and will put my review up tomorrow after my second showing of it.

5. Karelia Always Hold On To Smallville

Saw it at midnight at IMAX. Thought it was awesome. Hemsworth did a great job as Thor. I agree with the "Oh. My. God" line... Incredibly cheesy. Too tired to write a long review. :p

9/10 for me.

6. Gunga Diner Solvin' cool mysteries

Yeah, wasn't crazy about this line either.

But dude, Natalie Portman's reaction when Thor kisses her hand was one of the most genuine, endearing, and adorable "romantic" moments in any of these superhero movies. It totally catches Jane off guard, and her grin is so goofy and cute.

7. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Below 80% now on RT!

8. S.A.A.D. Registered

^I was gonna say that it got hammered down again.

9. TX85 Registered

9.5/10!,my new favorite Marvel film in the MCU that slightly beats Iron Man and I only had two problems with it,Which is.....

-Thor&Destroyer's fight was just decent&short and Destroyer went down too fast&easy!!

-Agent Coulson said Jane could have her equipment back cause Thor became an ally to S.H.I.E.L.D.,But they still didn't know who was Thor or what was going on and Thor asked Jane"still wan't to see that bridge",Agent C.wanted to brief Thor But he flew away&left.....Agent C. should have wanted to know more info and knew Jane could have more answers,Unless SHIELD put a bug in her equipment to track everything she looks into!!

10. J.Howlett Guest

But dude, Natalie Portman's reaction when Thor kisses her hand was one of the most genuine, endearing, and adorable "romantic" moments in any of these superhero movies. It totally catches Jane off guard, and her grin is so goofy and cute.

Yep. It almost felt too real...like it was an outtake that they placed in the film because it was THAT genuine.

11. TX85 Registered

double post,sorry!

12. MahvelBaby! Registered

I read a quote from one of the reviews

"Next to 'Iron Man 2,' 'Thor' is the worst Marvel film to date."

Now I enjoyed IM2 and it has grown on me but......That just gave me a migrane :wow:

13. J.Howlett Guest

For me, Iron Man 2's a stupid film...whereas Thor isn't. Yeah, Thor's got problems, but it's not a stupid film. It knows what it is. Iron Man 2 can't decide.

In a lot of ways, Iron Man 2 is worse than the Incredible Hulk. The problem with the Incredible Hulk is that Marvel screwed with the editing. That film's got some interesting character drama but you have to insert the deleted scenes for it to really work as a film.

14. The Morningstar Registered

It's strange that the percentage has dropped... but the actual rating hasn't barely changed. It's still 6.8

15. The Morningstar Registered

Yea definitely. I wouldn't be surprised if Portman and Hemsworth were having a bit of fun behind the scenes...

16. Raiden Wakanda Forever

Both Peter Travers and Robert Roeper like Thor, and these two critics are among the critics that I respect, so that's good enough for me.

17. DarthAlani Registered

This is my favorite Marvel film so far, well done Marvel. Solid 9/10

18. JAK® Upstart

Are you saying that Portman's baby is going to come out looking suspiciously like the God of Thunder? :oldrazz:

19. MahvelBaby! Registered

Eh that's all you, I like both I do think TIH is better despite it's issues, but I still quite like IM2, and that's after not having seen it since theaters when I thought it was just OK yet a dissapointment, but after recently seeing it, I found it grew on me quite a bit. But hey man whatever floats your boat, I can understand the problems some would have with IM2 I used to share some of those same viewpoints. Time has healed my gripes with the flick.

That being said.....Thor is tied with IM1 for me maybe slightly better since its something new :yay:

20. JAK® Upstart

Iron Man 2 is a bit disjointed but it is by no means a bad film.

21. The Morningstar Registered

haha well if it comes out with bright blue eyes and blonde hair... you know where you heard it first :cwink:

22. J.Howlett Guest

Morningstar,

I don't think she was. She was with her fiance during the filming of Thor. Still, that doesn't mean she didn't get along with Hemsworth very well and it seems she did because it's readily apparent in the film.

23. J.Howlett Guest

MahveyBaby!,

This is what the second screening of Thor did for me; I got up this morning and sold my Iron Man 2 Blu Ray, after thinking about Thor this morning.

That's how much my opinion has changed drastically on that film. It also didn't help that I watched the original Iron Man before I saw Thor last night. I hadn't watched it in two years. I forgot how good the first Iron Man was.

Yeah, Thor changed a lot of what I think about Marvel's Cinematic Universe in a lot of ways.

24. The Morningstar Registered

Yea I'm kinda joking. But you could tell she had the hots for Hemsworth. The parts where she was blushing and going all giddy seemed like she genuinely was blushing and going all giddy like a school girl.

25. J.Howlett Guest

Morningstar,

Yeah, it did. As a matter of fact, remember that Entertainment Tonight sneak peek at Thor last year? They had an interview with Hemsworth and Portman together and you could tell then that they were getting along REALLY good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.