The Official 'Thor Rate & Review' thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both Peter Travers and Robert Roeper like Thor, and these two critics are among the critics that I respect, so that's good enough for me.
Add James Berardinelli to that list, and you have my thoughts exactly. Can't wait to see it (in just under an hour now). :up:

Yeah I don't think Superman Returns was bad, but it was probably the most forgettable superhero movie I've seen. Also, I'd rank Spider-Man 1 below quite a few other superhero movies, despite also being a good effort.

Hahahaha.... Superman Returns 'quintessential'? Oh lordy.

Saw the movie last week. Loved it from start to finish. Hemsworth owns the role of Thor. He really embodies the character. My only problem with it, is that it lacks some character development, the movie needed maybe 15 or 20 minutes more to fix that.

9 out of 10. :yay:

It was alright. Definitely better than Iron Man 2, but Thor could have been so much more. Now it just kinda is another Avengers lead-up, and it isn't as epic as it pretends, or tries, to be.

Loki was by far the best thing in the film (followed by Natalie Portman's looks. How can someone be so cute??). I was really surprised. I didn't expect anything from Tom Hiddleston. I feared he'd be another Matthew Goode/Ozymandias.

Kenneth Branagh can't direct action. All the action sequences were messy (tho, ain't they in all movies these days?), or too short, like the final fight between Loki and Thor. It was over in like 1 minute. IM2's final battle was awfully short too. Is this a new standard at Marvel? Also, Branagh used way too much dutch angles. I'm not exaggerating when I say 80% of the film was in dutch angles. What's the ****ing point? It's not that cool (anymore). It's kind of too cheesy nowadays...

I found Warrior's Three to be pretty useless... Everyone seems to be complaining about Darcy, I'm not saying I don't agree, but I'm just glad the comical sidekick wasn't yet again the token black dude. (Instead the token black was Norse God, but we've heard enough of that.)

Overall it's solid OK flick. With more epic storyline it could have been something else. When it ended, I was thinking that nothing really happened in it...

or 3 out of 5

That Natalie, guys... :hrt:

Hahahaha.... Superman Returns 'quintessential'? Oh lordy.

For me it is an excellent movie. Everybody has different opinions we have to respect that.Of course it has its flaws. Thor looked more epic with a 150 million budget than SR with a 200 million budget.

Excellent movie, going to see it again

Saw it last night. I've never been a huge Thor fan, I've always enjoyed him in the Avengers books but I never gave his solo title a chance (I'm waiting on some from the library now).

But I thought the movie was great. An awesome blend of sci-fi comic book and fantasy. The only thing I didn't like, and this was a surprise, was Natalie Portman's role. I just didn't buy the romance... seemed more like a casual crush. But I loved everything else. Good humor, awesome sets and costumes, and Chris Hemsworth was an excellent Thor.

And you gotta love
Hawkeye's appearance
and the after credits scene
COSMIC CUBE!!!
Can't wait for Captain America! Marvel is doing an amazing job of bringing their film universe together.

Saw it last night. I've never been a huge Thor fan, I've always enjoyed him in the Avengers books but I never gave his solo title a chance (I'm waiting on some from the library now).

Read the Walter Simonson run. It's a must.

Movie was awesome, Chris Hemsworth was perfect as Thor loved every scene he was in.

The Frost Giant vs Thor and the Warriors three was unreal, coolest scene i have seen in a movie in a long time, everything from the action, to the dialogue it was bad ass.

My main gripe with this film was Loki, he was a huge letdown i never understood his motives and gripe with his Brother and Father, not to mention his villain was never clear whther he was trying to be a sympathetic villain or a real threat. I never felt him to be that mischivious or even that big of a threat

Also i didn't understand why he wanted to destory the Frost Planet? Wouldn't the stakes been bigger if he tried to blow up Earth ? Blowing up Frost PLanet sure may have not been the soulution but would people really care that much if it was blown up?

Loki was a huge letdown in my book, if he is going to be the main villain in the Avengers movie i hope the character has some drastic improvements

You know, I really enjoyed Thor; but, it's no Spider-Man 3. :)

Thor should be alot higher on RT than it is. I think some reviewers are crapping on this because they are either tired of comic book movies or they don't like the MCU continuity. I'm not saying this is the best movie ever, but compared to Fast 5, Thor is vastly superior in every aspect.

I saw it this morning, loved it! It was just a lot of fun.

I loved it too, just wish it had those 20 minutes they took out.

It all came down to Loki wanting to prove his worth to both his father and Thor that he was the rightful successor. That's why he was so eager to destroy the frost people. He wanted to end the conflict through genocide.

Just got back from seeing it (in 3D)....it was great. One of the best comic book adaptaions to the big screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"