The Official 'Thor Rate & Review' thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Destroyer's long enough, just:

When Thor regains his powers, his defeat of the Destroyer is appropriately quick and euphoric.

The battles with the Jotunheim and Loki were long enough too.

Oh ok, so which one of these fights would you say Thor's fight with Loki was most similar to?

1) Spidey vs Doc Ock?

2) Hulk vs Abomination

3) Iron Man vs Iron Monger?

Oh, that's probably my least favorite of those 3. Hopefully Thor VS Loki is better than the Ock fight(which mostly wasn't a fight at all but Spidey saving a train).

I've been seeing alot of comments like this in reviews -"Bottom line, this is a really fun movie and the perfect beginning to the summer blockbuster season, setting a new level that all other superhero films will now have to measure up to".

I just love em:thor:

Probably two, it didn't quite have the epicness you would expect from a fight of that scale and it arrived much sooner than I expected.

Of course you would say that Silvermoth, you didn't really like the movie anyways.

Are you serious?

Geez, you gotta stop taking every little negative thing people say about this movie so personally.

Oh ok, so which one of these fights would you say Thor's fight with Loki was most similar to?

1) Spidey vs Doc Ock?

2) Hulk vs Abomination

Err none. It was different to all of them. It was no where as kinetic as Spidey Vs Ock, not as powerful as Hulk Vs Abomination and far from as stilted as Iron Man Vs Iron Monger. Loki was surprisingly agile though.

It was a good fight but I don't think it can be compared to those three.

Saw it, loved it. The best Marvel movie since Iron Man. It was loads of fun, the performances were great, and the action was really good.

8/10

is it better than ironman?

I know you didn't ask me but I am gonna say anyway. After having watched Iron Man just before I saw Thor I have become torn. Iron Man doesn't have the emotional core that Thor has, but Iron Man feels more developed than Thor. Tony's transformation into hero seems better done than in Thor and they are both equally as fun.

i saw here in brazil, great movie, i only dont like because my theater in brazil is very empty in the session, but agreta movie 9/10, but iron man still better in my opinion, not so far better.
this movie deserves will very well in boxoffice because is so greta movie, i love the action scenes, the acting is great.

i saw here in brazil, great movie, i only dont like because my theater in brazil is very empty in the session, but agreta movie 9/10, but iron man still better in my opinion, not so far better.
this movie deserves will very well in boxoffice because is so greta movie, i love the action scenes, the acting is great.

Do'nt worry. It's doing very well here. ;)

- Brazil opened at the top of the charts with an excellent gross of US$1.1 million which was 59% up on Iron Man 1 and 9% up on Prince of Persia.

Just came back from it. It was very good, certainly better than I expected. It's a very good flick, just don't expect to be blown away.

The performances are all top notch. Especially Hemsworth and Hiddleston. The story is rather straightforward but good and entertaining. The small town humor was kept to a minimum.

The action is very cool in places but I kinda expected there to be more action than what we got, especially with the Destroyer, [BLACKOUT]who goes out like a b**** once Thor gets his hammer back. Altough maybe that was the point kinda...[/BLACKOUT]

Also, Asgard, while majestic in aerial shots, came off a little sterile to me in close quarters, like you don't get a real feeling of the place or it's people, execpt maybe at the beginning when Thor is introduced. But that's not terribly important. BTW was anyone else distracted by the bizzare Battlefield Earth-like camera angles?

Anyway, a solid 8/10. Sits rather nicely with Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk, just not as entertaining. But I am ready to see more Thor outside of The Avengers, that's for sure.

1) Spidey vs Doc Ock?

2) Hulk vs Abomination

None...Perhaps Iron Man Vs. Iron Monger, but not as intense or well done, in my opinion. It was more "emotional" if you will. But it was still pretty awesome.

Hey Thortress I loved your review too .. happy that you liked the movie . I am itching to write my own once I see it . It will proberly be like a page long , dont worry I here you on the celebrity crush lol how can you not . I said before and I will say it again its soo nice that we women got some eye candy to look at while we are watching this movie. Its not all for the guys . :cwink::yay:

again great review ... thanks for posting :yay:

Thank you LadyLoki, I had to contain myself a lot not to write I could talk about it all day long:woot: Wooohoooo for eye candy, today I saw it again (in 2D) and I liked it even more and the cinema was fool of ladies :woot: no one was complaining and in fact some knew more than the boys about the character, looking forward to read yours!!!

I thought the movie was pretty good in stages, it started off really well but then kinda fizzled out leading to the end. What probably bugged me the most was when thor and his friends were riding horses. I immediately thought ok, i guess he cant fly. But wait, later in the movie shows him flying. So why bother with the horses?, are these people that advanced in technology and magic that their only means of transport were horses :/. I also would have like to see thor with his head gear on more, he looked awesome with it on but he only had it on in one scene which kinda sucked. All in all the movie was ok. 7/10 for me.

I thought the movie was pretty good in stages, it started off really well but then kinda fizzled out leading to the end. What probably bugged me the most was when thor and his friends were riding horses. I immediately thought ok, i guess he cant fly. But wait, later in the movie shows him flying. So why bother with the horses?, are these people that advanced in technology and magic that their only means of transport were horses :/. I also would have like to see thor with his head gear on more, he looked awesome with it on but he only had it on in one scene which kinda sucked. All in all the movie was ok. 7/10 for me.

In Asgard ( in the comics) they use horses.

What probably bugged me the most was when thor and his friends were riding horses. I immediately thought ok, i guess he cant fly. But wait, later in the movie shows him flying. So why bother with the horses?
Because his friends can't fly.

What probably bugged me the most was when thor and his friends were riding horses. I immediately thought ok, i guess he cant fly. But wait, later in the movie shows him flying. So why bother with the horses?

If you and your buddies were heading out to the movies, and you were the only one who could fly, wouldn't they think you were a dick if you didn't ride in the car with them?

If you and your buddies were heading out to the movies, and you were the only one who could fly, wouldn't they think you were a dick if you didn't ride in the car with them?

I would have flown them to the movies and they would have thought that driving in a car would look stupid and i would look epic flying.

Now we're just getting silly.

You know we don't have friends. :csad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"