• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Official WONDER WOMAN Discussion Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
article-1371885-0B6AA01900000578-747_468x674.jpg

article-1371885-0B6B791B00000578-720_468x621.jpg

I'm amazed. It's like the network released the original photo of Palicki's costume to gauge fan reaction, then actually did something about all the complaints they were seeing about her vinyl pants and blue high heels.

Fingers crossed that they did the same thing when they leaked the pilot script.

I gotta say i'm getting used to the pants and overall design of the suit. I still think JMS' suit is a better version of this concept, but this is good nonetheless. Palicki is gorgeous to boot.

Also i think it helps that the first pic of the suit was so horrible, so those minor tweaks have done wonders to calm us down and helped us accept it.

My god, what if they did that on purpose? Gave us a crappy costume so that we'd easily accept a slightly less crappy version of the same suit?

The material still looks way too cheap, and the design does nothing to help.

The corset is the only piece of good design (with the exception of that awful plastic eagle right in the middle of it).

Look at this angry American chick.

edit: neither as beautiful NOR as stately as ~a goddess~

My god, what if they did that on purpose? Gave us a crappy costume so that we'd easily accept a slightly less crappy version of the same suit?

If they were gonna do that they wouldn't have released the less-crappy one first.

Lets be honest here, its hard to look stately in a WW suit. Trampy is more like it. Not that i'm bashing the suit, i quite like it.

There be nothing trampy about the Wonder Woman costume

She looks gorgeous but i will really miss those vinyl pants :csad:

Haha, I was actually going to say that earlier.

Amazing how those kinds of views that Marston was poking fun of in the 1940s show up in 2011 in a thread specifically for Wonder Woman, isn't it? I guess the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Last edited:

“When Geoff and I were going over the characters and their backgrounds for the Flashpoint series, he told me that Wonder Woman would be wearing medieval armor and that it’s an integral part of her background story (she leads an army!). I LOVE drawing armor. I immediately knew what she should look like and the attitude I wanted to give her was akin to the Ripley character Sigourney Weaver played in the Alien movies. And I wanted to put her in a helmet but not make the helmet too knight-ish but something that would be a bit more appropriate for her at the time Flashpoint was taking place. After the sketch was completed, I sent it to Geoff, Eddie and Adam Schlagman for approval and feedback. They loved it, but what they really liked was the helmet which now has a great back story that goes along with it (which they would clobber me for if I spoiled it here).”

It looks pretty neat

Not looking forward to the Wonder Woman flashpoint mini but dig the costume :up:

That armor is crap. Adrianne instead looks great in the costume, which can still be slightly tweaked to be better.

The armor looks okay outside that helmet. That thing just looks...****ing odd. I really like the tiara, though.

I wish Wonder Woman wasn't a villain in this. I get that the idea is 'What if all the heroes outside the Flash were *****ebags', so it obviously fits, but I would like to see WW have a good showing in an event sometime.

Well, just got my comics and read 609. I enjoyed the issue overall and finally feels like we're actually going somewhere here (made me realize just how dragged out this thing has been). It's probably been the best issue of this whole storyline by quite a bit.

The idea of
Wonder Woman being the same soul reincarnated over and over is an interesting one. Though, one of the things that struck me was that they all had this 'strike back and create an army' warrior aspect, and the only one that didn't was the actual version of the character (which was said to be the most absurd by Psycho, notably). Made that feel pretty tacted on in that aspect, since it didn't really jive at all with the other previous lives. I also noticed that the nurse was named D. Prince when she woke up in the hospital. The whole thing makes me wonder if Psycho is really helping Diana here at all, and if he's not trying to reinvent her himself to be closer to her, or something of that nature.

If not, I'm not sure how I feel about the whole idea, honestly. It's a neat little meta-commentary on Wonder Woman's constant state of influx since the '70s or so, but I don't know, just seems like it's more of an excuse to inject more of this 'Rawr warriorz' characterization into the character, which as I think everyone knows at this point, is something I don't like and don't see as hugely viable in the long run. So, I don't know. Obviously, it's a wait and see thing to see how it pans out, but I'm on the fence as far as this goes.

The armor looks okay outside that helmet. That thing just looks...****ing odd. I really like the tiara, though.

I liked the assumption/theory that it's Dr Fate's helm, tho it's probably a gift from her husband Aquaman.

An Altantified version of Fate's helmet? Yeah, I guess I could see that, though it still looks really off to me. I'd just lose that part of the armor entirely.

She looks gorgeous but i will really miss those vinyl pants :csad:
Its a good superhero suit and i like it a lot, all i'm saying is that "classy" isnt the first word that will pop into your mind when you first see it.

Haha, I was actually going to say that earlier.

Amazing how those kinds of views that Marston was poking fun of in the 1940s show up in 2011 in a thread specifically for Wonder Woman, isn't it? I guess the more things change, the more they stay the same.
Poking fun or having misogynistic bondage fantasies? Dude is overrated. WW only became respectable after he stopped writing his fetish stories. But you re for WW what Kurosawa is for Superman.

Oh and i know you dont actually have me on ignore so suck on that. :awesome:
Well, just got my comics and read 609. I enjoyed the issue overall and finally feels like we're actually going somewhere here (made me realize just how dragged out this thing has been). It's probably been the best issue of this whole storyline by quite a bit.

The idea of
Wonder Woman being the same soul reincarnated over and over is an interesting one. Though, one of the things that struck me was that they all had this 'strike back and create an army' warrior aspect, and the only one that didn't was the actual version of the character (which was said to be the most absurd by Psycho, notably). Made that feel pretty tacted on in that aspect, since it didn't really jive at all with the other previous lives. I also noticed that the nurse was named D. Prince when she woke up in the hospital. The whole thing makes me wonder if Psycho is really helping Diana here at all, and if he's not trying to reinvent her himself to be closer to her, or something of that nature.

If not, I'm not sure how I feel about the whole idea, honestly. It's a neat little meta-commentary on Wonder Woman's constant state of influx since the '70s or so, but I don't know, just seems like it's more of an excuse to inject more of this 'Rawr warriorz' characterization into the character, which as I think everyone knows at this point, is something I don't like and don't see as hugely viable in the long run. So, I don't know. Obviously, it's a wait and see thing to see how it pans out, but I'm on the fence as far as this goes.
I like how it felt that we re going somewhere although i hate how in every issue Diana is taken by the hand and given a long speech about who she is or what she should do. Even during battles ghosts and spirits appear to give her cheesy speeches of courage. This is sooo bad.

Last edited:
An Altantified version of Fate's helmet? Yeah, I guess I could see that, though it still looks really off to me. I'd just lose that part of the armor entirely.

Personally i'd lose the white cape, i like the helm actually. :p

I find it plain boring, i know it fits the medieval armor but i guess i prefer knights with either badass royal cloaks with fur or fantasy medieval cloaks made out of Dragonscale and stuff, the white just feels so plain. :/ I'd prefer something blue i guess for a royal cloak.

I meant why do you like the helmet, actually. It just looks so weird to me. And not weird in that cool, David Lynchion way.

They've read my post and thought: "ouch! Merc is right. Let's put a smile on that face".:hoboj: The American chick, though...

Palicki is beautiful and I never said otherwise; but WW is matchless, and Palicki isn't.

You may not care about the elegance, as well, but that's also fundamental to the divine, non-human verissimilitude. :o

Eh makes me think of a Spiky Myrmidon helm. :p It's the spikes that i dig, 90s extreme influence on me?!

Yeah, it might be, Drz. I don't know, it kind of kills it for me, honestly.

They've read my post and thought: "ouch! Merc is right. Let's put a smile on that face".:hoboj: The American chick, though...

Palicki is beautiful and I never said otherwise; but WW is matchless, and Palicki isn't.

You may not care about the elegance, as well, but that's also fundamental to the divine, non-human verissimilitude. :o

Well, she never looked angry to begin with. I don't know how you got that from anything that's been shown from the get-go.

And, though I have questioned her in the role, from an appearance standpoint she looks pretty great. I admit she doesn't quite invoke Diana as we know her (or as I envision her), but there's something about her appearance that invokes what could be a younger version of the character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back