The Official WONDER WOMAN Discussion Thread - Part 4

Oh I loves Perez as well :up:

He did a great job on his run on Wonder Woman and I really want DC to release the rest of it in trades. His run was fab :atp:

I'm not familiar with Perez's writing duties but I think his art style nowadays is too outdated technically. I respect that he's a legend but his style doesn't compliment the current designs of characters.

I think he's still pretty great personally

And I :hrt: the way he wrote Wonder Woman and the Amazons

He also introduced the new versions of Ares, Cheetah, Dr Psycho and Circe to the DCU who were all pretty :awesome:

Perez's first post-Crisis arc on Wonder Woman was the hotness. That's the main reason I loved DC's version of Ares more than Marvel's until Mike Oeming reinvented Marvel's.

Perez did such a great job with the character didn't he :up:

I loved his design as well he just looked so spooky and menacing

I bought his action figure a little while ago. I've now got Ares, Circe and the golden age and modern Cheetah to battle my Wonder Woman action figure :up:

In one of the recent WW issues I think it was Hermes who mentioned something that made it sound like the Gods could change appearances or rather "make you see them you they want you to" sort of deal. Right? Because Ares is known as being a big and favorite WW villain and when we saw him references as War in this new series, looked like a scrawny old dude. I'm guessing he'd shift into a badass look when actually fighting in the future or something, who knows.

I hope so.

The Perez design with the blue armour those creepy red eyes and no face was pretty much perfect :up:

I preferred his look during Rucka's run. I like that he could blend in really well, I got a "Devils advocate" vibe from it :up:

That look was also pretty cool :up:

I loved the story arc Rucka was working on with him and Circe. I wish that it hadn't been messed up by Infinite Crisis and DC kicking him off the series it looked like it was really going to lead to :awesome: stuff

I'd really love to see an interview with Rucka where he explains his take on all of Diana's villains. He seemed to just naturally understand them.

The one thing I didn't like so much with Rucka's run was the tone. It always felt like it was as much Gotham Central or Stumptown as it was Wonder Woman.

Ugh, Atkins drawing it again. I enjoy this 100 times more when it's Chiang. Atkins is especially weird with his female noses, too.

I'm not familiar with Perez's writing duties but I think his art style nowadays is too outdated technically. I respect that he's a legend but his style doesn't compliment the current designs of characters.

i think the problem lies more with the current designs than it does perez.

The one thing I didn't like so much with Rucka's run was the tone. It always felt like it was as much Gotham Central or Stumptown as it was Wonder Woman.

It was a different approach to the character for sure but it did lead to some interesting stories though :up:

Oberon Sexton said:
I'd really love to see an interview with Rucka where he explains his take on all of Diana's villains. He seemed to just naturally understand them.

I loved the issue he did entirely from the Cheetah's point of view toward the end of his run :atp:

Cover to number 12. Dressed so nice but no shoes.

WW_Cv12.jpg

He has a foot fetish.

Is that Apollo?

Cuz if it is, she's making out with her brother. Very 90's Angelina Jolie of her.

The greek gods are the most incest-y of all the gods :ninja:

Is that Apollo?

Cuz if it is, she's making out with her brother. Very 90's Angelina Jolie of her.

That's just wrong

She should be making out with her sister not her brother. Strife is way hawter than Apollo is

And she would make a fabulous girlfriend for Wonder Woman :atp:

Will you shut up already. :o

Oh you :o

But seriously this article makes me happy :)

I approve of this top the of lgbt characters it gets a :up: from me

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"