The Rank and Rate Man of Steel thread

Avengers was ok for a popcorn flick, but I just can't put it anywhere near the top. eh

8/10

1. Batman Begins
2. Spider-man 2
3. Superman the Movie
4. Ironman
5. Man of Steel
6. Dark Knight
7. Avengers
8. X2
9. Batman 89
10. Watchmen

Man of Steel 9.5/10

Superman the Movie 9/10

Superman 2 ( theatrical version ) 8/10

Superman Returns 7/10

Superman 3 6/10

Superman 4 1/10

8/10. the way it was edited holds me at an 8.

Exactly! The thing that ticked me off the most in this movie is how he found the FOS. I was thinking "C'mon" it just sucked all love I had for the movie out of me at that point (the love did end up coming back though), just a very lazy way to have Sups find it. Whats funny is my woman said the same thing hours after the movie ended and without me ever bringing it up.

I know Zack took like an hour of footage out of this movie to trim it down, and you can tell there was more to him finding it, it was just edited out due to time constraints. I just hope on the BluRay once release Zack puts these deleted scenes back in, it would def make for a stronger beginning and better understanding of how and why.

Exactly! The thing that ticked me off the most in this movie is how he found the FOS. I was thinking "C'mon" it just sucked all love I had for the movie out of me at that point (the love did end up coming back though), just a very lazy way to have Sups find it. Whats funny is my woman said the same thing hours after the movie ended and without me ever bringing it up.

I know Zack took like an hour of footage out of this movie to trim it down, and you can tell there was more to him finding it, it was just edited out due to time constraints. I just hope on the BluRay once release Zack puts these deleted scenes back in, it would def make for a stronger beginning and better understanding of how and why.

Where did you read or hear that an hour was cut out of the film? I would be very interested to see this.

Because Superman is my 2nd favorite after Batman I can't compare it to the Nolan films but I can say MOS is leagues better than the Marvel movies.

I could've given MOS a 10 but because it lacked more humorous moments it gets a 9, still a good score though.

Last edited:
Where did you read or hear that an hour was cut out of the film? I would be very interested to see this.

When Zack talked to the US Military before an early screening for them some days back, he said the final cut was 3 hours 20min long, but had to shorten it for theatrical release. One of the soldiers who was at the screening posted it on here same day he seen the movie. Said there were over 750 military personnel at this one screening.

Just got back from a 7pm showing in southern California.
Heeeeelllll yeah, that was great!!!!

When Clark found the FOS, I assumed that he was actively searching for it, somehow aware that it was out there, and his search led him to where they had located it.
But yeah, they needed to explain if he was there on purpose or not.

SO very fun and went by very fast.
Some humor but very little, and surely not enough for some.
Liked the way a lot of things were handled.
The way they deal with his "secret" identity was refreshing to me.
Liked the motivation of the villains and thought they actually truly threatened Superman for once.
I didn't mind the crazy non-stop chaotic action, thought it was handled well.
Very simple plot, and I understand if people complain about its nonexistence.
Room for improvement here and there, but great entry nonetheless.

Felt like the spirit of the comics on film, despite the changes here and there. Didn't mind the changes.

LOVED it, loved it. Going to go see it again at IMAX tomorrow.

Hope more people felt the same.

Last edited:
8/10 Great film and I loved how the added a new twist to a classic character.

1. Man of Steel (9.5/10)
2. Batman Begins (9/10)
3. Watchmen (9/10)
4. Spider-man 2 (8/10)
5. The Dark Knight (7.5/10)

we super fans are super biased. :D

i thought he traveled around aimless because he was punishing himself, not saving his father.

The only thing that keeps me at a 9 was that the movie felt RUSHED... just like star wars.... they feel rushed... the plot feels rush... i couldn't enjoy pa Kent.... too fast...

Zod's fight was great... his dilema... I liked the consistency in the powers... I liked Superman's progression with his....

I liked the fact that he wanted to be NORMAL when he was very young since his powers caused him PAIN and anguish... and being an outcast....

But the editing felt rushed....

I liked the introduction of Kryptonite
I liked the hints of lexcorp.

I really liked the nods to smallville series...

only thing is ... movie felt rushed.. .I wish the movie was 3hrs long.

Most awesome part was Jor-El... he stole the movie... they took the time to develop him... AWESOME... JUST awesome....

Zod was extremely believable as a villain... he had a purpose...

I give MOS a 10, I love the movie. I actually shed a tear when Jonathan sacriciced himself to protect Clark. And I can't wait to see it again Saturday. I do think it's the best SM movie but I'll have to give it another watch before I decided where I would rank it all time among CBM. I actuall want to say it's my favorite CBM of all time but like I said I want to see it again before I decide.

Just got back, and I'm about to say what I've been waiting to say for months now. Okay? Here we go...

SUPERMAN IS BACK! AND THIS TIME, IT'S FOR GOOD.

This was great! I loved it! The critics sucked: this film had humor; I felt for the characters, and they and the story was developed. The crowd clapped at the end. It was like an event.

Better than Superman Returns...which would be a given, anyway. But still.

It will get its money back. We WILL get a sequel.

I will see it again.

The only thing that keeps me at a 9 was that the movie felt RUSHED... just like star wars.... they feel rushed... the plot feels rush... i couldn't enjoy pa Kent.... too fast...

Zod's fight was great... his dilema... I liked the consistency in the powers... I liked Superman's progression with his....

I liked the fact that he wanted to be NORMAL when he was very young since his powers caused him PAIN and anguish... and being an outcast....

But the editing felt rushed....

I liked the introduction of Kryptonite
I liked the hints of lexcorp.

I really liked the nods to smallville series...

only thing is ... movie felt rushed.. .I wish the movie was 3hrs long.

Most awesome part was Jor-El... he stole the movie... they took the time to develop him... AWESOME... JUST awesome....

Zod was extremely believable as a villain... he had a purpose...

So it felt rushed did it? :cwink:

I'm giving them credit for successfully turning a camera on. This movie was a train wreck that I couldn't wait to look away from. This was one of the biggest dumbest movies I've ever seen. It's sheer meat head bafoonery making the weakest attempt to be something more but failing miserably. I can't believe this movie was even allowed to exist without anyone involved actually recognizing its grossly obvious faults.

C+, with the + going to Cavill, but otherwise a generous 7/10. Did anyone else notice a real palpable and somewhat awkward lack of energy in their theater for the first hour? Lot's of people going in and out and just...sorta' bored. Like even the first time Supes comes out in his suit and starts to fly...it was just sort of 'there', but not gripping.

C+, with the + going to Cavill, but otherwise a generous 7/10. Did anyone else notice a real palpable and somewhat awkward lack of energy in their theater for the first hour? Lot's of people going in and out and just...sorta' bored. Like even the first time Supes comes out in his suit and starts to fly...it was just sort of 'there', but not gripping.
your rating system is weird. C+ only deserves 6 the most.

I don't know what number I'd use. Not sure what the difference is between a 1 and a 2.

But it was awful. Pure awful. I have no desire to ever watch it again and that's the God's honest truth.

I'm giving them credit for successfully turning a camera on. This movie was a train wreck that I couldn't wait to look away from. This was one of the biggest dumbest movies I've ever seen. It's sheer meat head bafoonery making the weakest attempt to be something more but failing miserably. I can't believe this movie was even allowed to exist without anyone involved actually recognizing its grossly obvious faults.
sorry you hate it more than SR.

but best superman film ever made. period. :D

TDKR
TDKR
MOS/BB
AVENGERS
IRON MAN 1
SPIDER-MAN 1
SPIDER-MAN 2

I loved it.

I agree with you. I wanted to see more of Clark Kent growing up. The editing was terrible. The beginning was slow and tiresome. I give it a 6.5-7.

I don't know what number I'd use. Not sure what the difference is between a 1 and a 2.

But it was awful. Pure awful. I have no desire to ever watch it again and that's the God's honest truth.
sorry to hear that. i guess we will not agree to each other.
u might wanna move on to wolverine perhaps.

I agree with you. I wanted to see more of Clark Kent growing up. The editing was terrible. The beginning was slow and tiresome. I give it a 6.5-7.
beginning was slow!!!??? i thought most of us want a whole new movie on the krypton!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"