The Reboot Joker

I wouldn't assume they'll go more "traditional" with their choice of a rebooted Joker. Just look at the casting of Ben, Gal and Jesse.

The choice for the Joker (if he even makes it into these new DCU films) will likely be random and controversial much like Heath when he was announced.

just look at the new Batman suit

besides, one could argue that Ben Affleck is exactly that, closer to the traditional. Certainly a lot more than Christian Bale

Last edited:
Hmm, well it seems that the cast members real life personas somewhat reflect their characters', even in small ways.

Superman is your quintessential all-American, without actually being from America. He's humble, hard working, and a man of the people. His arrival was wholly unexpected, but in a great way.

Batman has been through some sh**, but he masks it all behind the character he's created to appease his audience so to speak. He's more intelligent and capable than he lets on and he's at a point in his career where after so many uphill battles, you'd think he'd be worn down, but all it takes is a new challenge to show he's got plenty left in the tank.

Wonder Woman is tough as nails and from a place most of us know very little about. She's underestimated because of her beauty and womanhood, but there's a strength in those things that will likely surprise and inspire.

Lex is highly intelligent and can be charming as all hell, but there's a ruthless cunning that waits for the right time to strike. You only think you know what to expect from him, but there's a definite darkness just waiting to see the light.

I know these aren't perfect representations of the characters, but the similarities they have to the actors are definitely obvious. And the actors all have the fact that they had/have to prove themselves to fully garner fan support.

So all that being said, I think whoever is cast as The Joker will be off putting at first, but people will come around when they realize how much that actor actually represents the character they're playing. It'll have to be someone manic, but engaging. Someone who can make us smile shamefully at even the worst atrocities. Someone whose insanity is their most endearing trait. He'll have to be controversial enough to get the fanboys going (for better and for worse), but ultimately reasonable enough that we'll all come around.

Here's my list of potential, actual weird people You will probably hate many of these choices and that's sorta the point:

Nic Cage
Matthew Mcconaughey
James Franco
Tilda Swinton (that's probably the most out there suggestion)
Tom Cruise
Shia LaBeouf
Joaquin Phoenix (isn't at all off-putting, but he had his time hoax or not)

That's all I got for now.

Cumberbatch. He's got the scene chewing charisma that a joker actor needs to have.

Given the age of Affleck's Batman, I'd say we're looking at someone around that same bracket.

It's silly to retire a character just because the actor that played him, magnificently, passed away. You're not honoring him by depriving Batman films of his greatest nemesis. You're just limiting the potential on future Batman films, which I don't think Heath would have wanted. He's been praised and worshipped for his performance, he doesn't want the Joker to die along with him.

Just my 2 cents.

Someone mentioned Adrian Brody want's to portray The Joker, and asked for a manip. That tripped my trigger, since Adrian is a snazzy dresser, and can do that never-ending unsettled danger as well as Joker's little bit of sadness. I posted in the manip thread, but I thought it deserved a home here too.So, here is my half assed version, enjoy.

94d427c2-f89e-4926-8dac-dfcd1a88fbed.jpg

Personally, I'd like to see Peter Sarsgaard give it a shot.

But after Green Lantern (not that it was his fault), I'm not sure a lot of people would be receptive to that choice.

Someone mentioned Adrian Brody want's to portray The Joker, and asked for a manip. That tripped my trigger, since Adrian is a snazzy dresser, and can do that never-ending unsettled danger as well as Joker's little bit of sadness. I posted in the manip thread, but I thought it deserved a home here too.So, here is my half assed version, enjoy.

94d427c2-f89e-4926-8dac-dfcd1a88fbed.jpg

Nice! :woot:

Can definitely see it, now.

Here's what I've come to know. The less people like a choice, the more talked about it will be. That's a lot of free press. All you need to do from there is when them over in the actual film and you've got a blockbuster on your hands.

Here's what I've come to know. The less people like a choice, the more talked about it will be. That's a lot of free press. All you need to do from there is when them over in the actual film and you've got a blockbuster on your hands.

Why do you think they cast Affleck as Batman?
#BieberForRiddler

I'm sure I saw this around here somewhere...but thinking about his acting style, his voice, and his presence, he would be a very good fit:

But there's also this:
images

If they're really going full-blown TDR, Bowie wouldn't be a bad choice, but we know Batflek is a strange reboot/continuation of the Nolan trilogy, so we do need someone 20 years younger :oldrazz:.

I'm glad they're teasing The Joker because he, like Batman, shouldn't be left only in comics/animation for too long. But this movie seems so over-stuffed already I really don't want him in this.

I'd absolutely love to see how Snyder would handle the joker,but I don't really see it happening.
Not unless he's picked to do the batman solo films(If those even happen)

I could see James Purefoy or Kevin Bacon in the role as well. Kevin Bacon deserves to be in a franchise where he actually makes it past a single film.

I know it's probably been said before, but I think Aaron Paul would actually be a pretty solid choice, if a bit younger than what they'll probably go for.

Shia LaBeouf for The Joker? C'mon now.

Adrien Brody is a pretty cool suggestion though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"