The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
They better do that. But they just pulled them out of the Marvel Heroes videogame too, so I'm not very confident right now.

I have a feeling Marvel is building toward something on the comic end. We saw the Kirby tribute with heavy FF content at D23, and I saw this pop up a few days ago: https://news.marvel.com/comics/70737/kirby-100-manthis-monster/. Most of the people at Marvel aren't as childish as Perlmutter.

If Marvel really wanted to kill FF, they'd bury them with a third-rate writer and let them whither, but I think their absence is actually building interest. I think the people who matter at Marvel understand the importance of the FF, and I have a feeling when they come back, they'll come back in a big way.

It's probably a case of absence makes the heart grow fonder. Hopefully not the other platitude: out of sight, out of mind. Although Marvel probably do want that slightly as far as the movies go so that audiences forget those other movies.

But if Fox keeps trying something that will erode and depreciate the brand even further. Yet Fox don't have the luxury of allowing it to remain dormant until that absence makes the heart grow fonder because of the issue of reversion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"