The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Countdown Continues

d458a9d5254974648c0322a65391aad1fc3fd0d5.png

The 27th is a week away now.

Six days now until the meeting

91uxsww9fTL._SL1500_.jpg

5 days to go now until the shareholder's meeting:

su7Fvoo.jpg

Fantastic 4 days until the meeting

xfaScci.jpg

3 Days to Go, and a Winter Soldier reference:

lXIdFTu.jpg

Does it not become "100% official" only until after it, y'know... closes? Meaning that, before it closes, it's still... errr... open?

After this Friday, the deal will essentially be final. All Disney has to do at that point is get approval in the international markets which shouldn't take that long. Also sell of the RSNs.

But everything will be agreed upon and it will be over

Yeah, before closing, it's still possible somebody could jump out and say: "Wait! I'll give you $120 billion for it!"

But while that's technically possible, it's extremely unlikely. Anybody who had serious interest had their chance.

Man, I can't for X-Mania to come back in full swing. I remember how the X-Men were EVERYWHERE in the late 90s and early 2000s. Especially now with Disney pushing the property with the full marketing blitz machine behind it. The day will come where the X-Men are once again one of the titans of Marvel

Man, I can't for X-Mania to come back in full swing. I remember how the X-Men were EVERYWHERE in the late 90s and early 2000s. Especially now with Disney pushing the property with the full marketing blitz machine behind it. The day will come where the X-Men are once again one of the titans of Marvel

It's going to be... well, I actually can't describe how it's going to be. As you mentioned, we've had X-Mania on the small screen before- and it was such an awesome time! But we've never experienced their full greatness on the silver screen. We're heading into something unprecedented.

I'm gonna be frank. I haven't ever cared about the Fantastic Four but I'd be lying if I said that your entusiasm isn't contagious, people. I'm actually curious about reading the comics now.

This post is like music to my ears, bub.

I want FF mania to come back in full swing. And have that opening that Peyton Reed wanted at the beginning of the movie where even in-universe, there was FF mania like there was Beatle mania.

Avengers will always be Marvel titans. Evrn before the MCU Bendis Avengers were the highest selling Marvel book. Unless the X-men start maling billion dollar movies back to back Avengers remain kings I dont see ANY x-men related proerty hitting two billion.

Live-action trumps comic book fandom eaaily. In the public consxipusness Avengers are the viggest comic book property in the world. X-men have a VERY LONG way to go

I don't care about the which team/character will do better argument, at all.
The Marvel universe will be mostly whole. That's what matters. No more stupid changes, because lawyers.
Any changes going forward will be for valid artistic reasons needed for live action adaptation, and that will guarantee success... Especially with a fellow fan at the helm: Feige.

Avengers will always be Marvel titans. Evrn before the MCU Bendis Avengers were the highest selling Marvel book. Unless the X-men start maling billion dollar movies back to back Avengers remain kings I dont see ANY x-men related proerty hitting two billion.
Actually, X-Men #1 STILL holds the record for the highest selling comic of all time. The Avengers have never came close to topping it and before the MCU, the X-Men reigned supreme over the Avengers in terms of movies, merch, comics and everything else. Spider-Man and X-Men were the top dogs of Marvel. It's not even an argument, dude.

The Marvel universe will be mostly whole. That's what matters. No more stupid changes, because lawyers.
Any changes going forward will be for valid artistic reasons needed for live action adaptation, and that will guarantee success... Especially with a fellow fan at the helm: Feige.

And this is the moral of the story.

Actually, X-Men #1 STILL holds the record for the highest selling comic of all time. The Avengers have never came close to topping it

Actually it doesnt matter because movies are way more promiment and prevalent than xomics.

You are making the grave mistake of assuming that fans opinion is the geNral consensus. For the general audience Aka for the majority of people Avenges are THE superhero team bar none. X-men fans shouldnt be delusional.

Actually it doesnt matter because movies are way more promiment and prevalent than xomics.

You are making the grave mistake of assuming that fans opinion is the geNral consensus. For the general audience Aka for the majority of people Avenges are THE superhero team bar none. X-men fans shouldnt be delusional.
Of course they don't, but the X-Men dwarfed the Avengers 5x over before the first Iron Man movie came out. And what do you think can happen once Feige gives the X-Men the same treatment he gave the Avengers that turned them into a cinematic bemoth? Something magical, that's for sure. I could easily see, with proper build up - the X-Men under Feige reaching the same height as the Avengers. And who knows? We may start reliving the early 2000s when the X-Men were along with Spider-Man, were Marvel's star money maker.

Yes! I believe :cool:

Of course they don't, but the X-Men dwarfed the Avengers 5x over before the first Iron Man movie came out. And what do you think can happen once Feige gives the X-Men the same treatment he gave the Avengers that turned them into a cinematic bemoth? Something magical, that's for sure. I could easily see, with proper build up - the X-Men under Feige reaching the same height as the Avengers. And who knows? We may start reliving the early 2000s when the X-Men were along with Spider-Man, were Marvel's star money maker.

There's a difference though. The Avengers were fresh when they came out and didn't have any movies before. It was cinematic history to see heroes from four different movies uniting together.

The X-Men have had 18 years on the big screen already and are old hat as far as the general audience are concerned. They might have successful films in the MCU but it's more likely to be like Spider-Man Homecoming than Infinity War or Black Panther.

I'm sure Feige can see the potential too. He would have lived through that era when X-Men were dominant and I know he has the ability to emulate that on film by fully achieving the potential of the source material.

There's a difference though. The Avengers were fresh when they came out and didn't have any movies before. It was cinematic history to see heroes from four different movies uniting together.

The X-Men have had 18 years on the big screen already and are old hat as far as the general audience are concerned. They might have successful films in the MCU but it's more likely to be like Spider-Man Homecoming than Infinity War or Black Panther.
But also the Avengers aren't fresh at all any more, and more popular than ever.

I'm gonna be frank. I haven't ever cared about the Fantastic Four but I'd be lying if I said that your entusiasm isn't contagious, people. I'm actually curious about reading the comics now.

As someone whose favorite comic/heroes are the Fantastic 4, I would love to recommend some great reads for you...the appeal of the 4 are the fact they are explorers...heroes...but family first...seeing that come to life, essentially the Incredibles but made live action, will be a dream come true...I hope you give them a real chance...and also they have an amazing rogues gallery...Mole Man, Annihilus, Galactus and his many heralds (Firelord, Terrax, Plasma, Gabriel the Air Walker, Nova, and of course the Silver Surfer), and ultimately Marvels most important villain and quite possibly in all of comicdom, Doctor Doom!!!!

The Marvel universe will be mostly whole. That's what matters.

:up:

Anyone else really hoping for a Fantastic Four release in Marvel's hands to not only capture the humor and family aspect, but to really showcase science as awesome and full of wonder and color and all that jazz? Kind of like some moments from the Ant Man movies, or more like some of the classic Star Trek where exploration and discovery was cool and exciting?

Like a moment tracking down the molemen underground and they come across a giant cavern full of color and glowing crystals and mushrooms that would just be pure spectacle on the big screen?

Anyone else really hoping for a Fantastic Four release in Marvel's hands to not only capture the humor and family aspect, but to really showcase science as awesome and full of wonder and color and all that jazz? Kind of like some moments from the Ant Man movies, or more like some of the classic Star Trek where exploration and discovery was cool and exciting?

Like a moment tracking down the molemen underground and they come across a giant cavern full of color and glowing crystals and mushrooms that would just be pure spectacle on the big screen?

This post showed more creativity and respect for the source material than all 3 Fox movies combined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"