The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
:up:
I think that's ludicrous. It will take at least 3-4 years to get an FF/X-Men franchise up and running, but the characters will appear in other films before then, imo. Feige isn't about to let those heroes lie fallow for so long. That would be potential wasted.

Definitely. He's crazy. No way it takes that long.

On Friday, Feige will know he'll have so many more toys to play with.

No longer does he have to wonder if he can use the Badoon in his expansion into the cosmic side of the Marvel Universe. Want to use Uatu? Sure, no problem there.

We're focused on the 4 and the X-Men, but this deal is about so much more, and I love it.

It’s a big shame about Gunn, for many reasons. One of the inconsequential ones was that I thought finally someone was going to direct three installments of a franchise. Favs out at two, Whedon out at two, and now Gunn. Russos have directed two of two separate franchises (though its easily argued that it’s all one big franchise.)

Who will actually direct more than two of an MCU franchise? Reed? I’m not so sure there will be a third ANT-MAN. I could see Watts being the first.

I bet Phase 4 is:

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME

BLACK WIDOW
DOCTOR STRANGE 2
GUARDIANS VOL. 3

BLACK PANTHER 2
DEADPOOL 3
SPIDER-MAN 3
FANTASTIC FOUR

CAPTAIN MARVEL 2
DOOM
AVENGERS 5
THE ETERNALS

X-MEN kick off 2023 and Phase 5. Though mutants will have been shown in several films prior.

8 years isn’t all that far off the length of the whole MCU lol.

One can hope that the Hawley Doom script can be adapted to the MCU fast, couldn't we?

It’s a big shame about Gunn, for many reasons. One of the inconsequential ones was that I thought finally someone was going to direct three installments of a franchise. Favs out at two, Whedon out at two, and now Gunn. Russos have directed two of two separate franchises (though its easily argued that it’s all one big franchise.)

So unless Jon Watts or Peyton Reed are revealed to be human traffickers, it’s up to them.

Everyone talking about what this means for the films but what happens to the tv side? Does ike perlmutter get control and they're run by jeoff loeb?

I really hope not. Would really love it if feige was given total control of tv and film, then we might get a prper unified universe.

I forgot that part...

yes, to finally have it truly be "It's All Connected", we need to get the TV back under a single umbrella with the studios as well.

That's the next hurdle. Keep Hope Alive that the Marvel TV rights can revert back to Feige.

The hope for an Ike Exit :cool:

I haven't read a comic in 20 years and don't buy merch so not bothered with that side but yes it would be nice.

Think eternals film is feige sticking his finger up at ike over the inhumans debacle. The politics does seem to be holding back the tv side along with bad choices. The netflix side is (in the most part) doing well but that seems to me to be mainly because of netflix input. Even that has suffered. Aos could have been better although i have enjoyed it.

We'll see. Keep hope alive.

Ikxit

Has Ike written anything on Twitter he shouldn't have?

And what about Simon Kinberg?
Well, Kinberg has written a lot of stuff he shouldn't have. Not so sure if he uses social media, though

Well, Kinberg has written a lot of stuff he shouldn't have. Not so sure if he uses social media, though

All those films should be reason to get rid of him forever along with Dark Phoenix. Disney should consider them indefensible and inconsistent with their values.

all those films should be reason to get rid of him forever along with dark phoenix. Disney should consider them indefensible and inconsistent with their values.

lol

I can't wait to hear Alexandra Shippwreck go off when the Disney-Fox Deal is done.

She knows we (a lot of other fans) don't accept her as Storm. That social media meltdown is gonna be funny as hell.

Jeph Loeb is largely responsible for making bad TV. Budget and Perlmutants come from Ike, but he's guilty of the rest, especially his "Man of Action" cartoon reboots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"