The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jackpot? Black Cat? Silver Sable? Silk? Morbius? Nightwatch? Jesus!

I'm already seeing the inevitable "Venom flops. FOX cancels all its Spider-Man spin-offs: what went wrong?" headline.

I'm already seeing the inevitable "Venom flops. FOX cancels all its Spider-Man spin-offs: what went wrong?" headline.

I can see Black Cat being like another Catwoman.

And who is even wanting a Jackpot movie?

It strange seeing collider down playing this. When normally theyre the ones who pile on and freak out over reshoots.

Maybe there aren't 3 months of reshoots because they can't be bothered to reshoot that much at all as they're going to scrap it anyway. 3 months would be a long time and a more expensive project. Maybe they're cutting it down in the editing process, but just reshooting any extra scenes to make it make sense when they release it in streaming.

Collider doing damage control for FOX :hehe:.

I don't know how reliable they were, but weren't there reports about Sony developing an Aunt May solo movie back in 2014/2015?

After that, I'm not surprised. Sony is desperate for that money with a (forced) shared universe.

Looks like Sony aren't taking spiderman out of the mcu anytime soon. Sounds good to me.

3 months of reshoots on DP is a complete waste of time and money. It is a dead franchise walking no matter what. There is no point spending any more money trying to make it more presentable. Nobody cares about it, and nobody is going to care with a Marvel reboot on the horizon. Just dump it in theaters and get it over with.

Looks like Sony aren't taking spiderman out of the mcu anytime soon. Sounds good to me.

Sony be like:

T2QqdbE.jpg

3 months of reshoots on DP is a complete waste of time and money. It is a dead franchise walking no matter what. There is no point spending any more money trying to make it more presentable. Nobody cares about it, and nobody is going to care with a Marvel reboot on the horizon. Just dump it in theaters and get it over with.

If they dump it in theatres as it is now though, it probably is in a Fant4stic state. So it's bound to bomb. Therefore what would be the point of dumping it there where they are sure to lose money?

It's better to do minimal reshooting to remove or change anything that makes reference to Dark Phoenix and then dump it on the Disney streaming service.

And Collider is saying that it is only 2 weeks rather than 3 months. Well, maybe it is only 2 weeks because they realise they have a turd on their hands and are not going to spend all this time fixing it.

If they dump it in theatres as it is now though, it probably is in a Fant4stic state. So it's bound to bomb. Therefore what would be the point of dumping it there where they are sure to lose money?

It's better to do minimal reshooting to remove or change anything that makes reference to Dark Phoenix and then dump it on the Disney streaming service.

And Collider is saying that it is only 2 weeks rather than 3 months. Well, maybe it is only 2 weeks because they realise they have a turd on their hands and are not going to spend all this time fixing it.

2 weeks to polish the film is reasonable. 3 months to reshoot a large part of the film is not. They will never get that money back on a film nobody wants to see anyways. It is a sunk cost. Never throw good money after bad.

I remember this pattern recurred MANY times during Fant4stic. A rumor would come out about something bad. Someone at the studio would "debunk" that rumor.

Then a bunch of Fox sycophants would smugly post links to those articles claiming it was 'proof' that the bad thing didn't really happen.

Kinberg has a history of making terrible movies and Fox has a history of lying about how bad his movies are, and Fox sycophants have a history of believing Fox's propaganda.

Just going back to the WSJ article a few pages ago. In the investor call iger was listing off properties he was excited about to be adding to Disneys portfolio. implying they already have plans for avatar, xmen and F4 and kingsmen and planet of the apes.

He did imply that Fox searchlight would remain independent and disney would basically give them more money. That independence will not crossover to the main 20th century fox however. The marvel stuff will get moved under Feige this was confirmed last year

Last edited:
I can see Black Cat being like another Catwoman.

And who is even wanting a Jackpot movie?

There has got to be a dart board in the Sony office and execs taking turns throwing at it too see which character gets a film.

The thing is, Sony really does have some great characters, and they could build an amazing world with Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen, Venom, Carnage, Kraven etc.

… but it all has to start with Spider-Man. If they're serious, they should wait until they have Spider-man back and then build with a good solid foundation.

But they don't seem to have the patience to do it right, and they're so anxious to start making films without any solid plan, Spider-man will come back to a mess and they will have wasted the real opportunity they had.

The cynic in me suspects Sony's plan is to let the Disney deal expire and try to bring Holland's MCU enhanced Spidey into the Venomverse.

The thing is, Sony really does have some great characters, and they could build an amazing world with Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen, Venom, Carnage, Kraven etc.

… but it all has to start with Spider-Man. If they're serious, they should wait until they have Spider-man back and then build with a good solid foundation.

But they don't seem to have the patience to do it right, and they're so anxious to start making films without any solid plan, Spider-man will come back to a mess and they will have wasted the real opportunity they had.

Exactly.

I mean some characters like Black Cat and Morbius could work Spidey-less but only to a point if they want a full story.

Black Cat could actually be a really good movie if they treat it right. Especially with the whole #metoo and stories of sexual harassment, they could make it relevant. Felicia Hardy turning her rape into power, learning martial arts and espionage to become a cat burglar. But Amy Pascal doesn’t have the skill.

Just going back to the WSJ article a few pages ago. In the investor call iger was listing off properties he was excited about to be adding to Disneys portfolio. implying they already have plans for avatar, xmen and F4 and kingsmen and planet of the apes.

He did imply that Fox searchlight would remain independent and disney would basically give them more money. That independence will not crossover to the main 20th century fox however. The marvel stuff will get moved under Feige this was confirmed last year

:applaud Searchlight is amazing!

Give Guillermo del Toro more budget and freedom for anything he wants (he signed an overall deal with Searchlight Pictures months ago).

Don't some of these sources always downplay extensive or heavy reshoots?

Yeah I know sometimes reshoots are just normal pickups or minor tweaks. I definitely know that. Sometimes they are making adjustments based on audience feedback from focus groups and test screenings. I get that too.

However, are we also going to deny whenever it seems there are stories of heavy reshoots you have a bunch of people with their own "inside sources" smokescreening us saying they are just minor changes. "We are just adding some more humor or backstory, nothing big."

When we know for a fact they were constantly reshooting and recutting Suicide. We know that Justice League had extensive reshoots. We know Fant4stic had major reshoots. We know it happened with The Predator?

Is it that hard to believe the same with Dark Phoenix or New Mutants?

I know why they want to smokescreen such news. When movies are going through an issue like this, it's usually bad news for the picture.

Fox had an even more amazing cast with the X-Men alone. They had another probably equal or maybe greater than the SM rogue with the FF. DC has had their whole portfolio since forever. Even SW is struggling. This CU thing is not easy.

Furthermore, any of the Marvel rogues are not truly complete while being separate IMO.

The cynic in me suspects Sony's plan is to let the Disney deal expire and try to bring Holland's MCU enhanced Spidey into the Venomverse.

Well, yeah! That's pretty obvious, but I think they would have to use another actor as Spider-man though.

Off topic but Antman is $50M shy of becoming a billion dollar franchise worldwide after only two movies.......and it hasn't opened in China yet! I just think that's amazing! Disney needs to keep Fiege............and Gunn as well.

I remember this pattern recurred MANY times during Fant4stic. A rumor would come out about something bad. Someone at the studio would "debunk" that rumor.

Then a bunch of Fox sycophants would smugly post links to those articles claiming it was 'proof' that the bad thing didn't really happen.

Kinberg has a history of making terrible movies and Fox has a history of lying about how bad his movies are, and Fox sycophants have a history of believing Fox's propaganda.
My guess is the source is lying to Collider or smokescreening them about what is really going on. Maybe the reshoots aren't a full 3 months, but isn't it hard to believe they are longer than 2-3 weeks.

Last edited:

But can they do that?

I read somewhere that they couldn't because Holland's Spiderman is part of the MCU, and by using him in other movies Sony would be "expanding" a franchise that isn't theirs. So they could make as much Spiderman movies with Holland as they like, but not use him for other movies.

I hope Marvel was smart enough to get those details right when they made the deal, otherwise Sony will mess up the MCU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"