The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
$

$

$

Y'all need to stop quoting ManaByte, the "insider" who said Deadpool 2 was a mess and reviewing badly with test audiences.

FOX shareholders did approve it and FOX's CEO mentioned the deal is expected to close in the first half of 2019.

https://variety.com/2018/biz/news/2...ote-1202888023/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Before any goes into Debbie Downer mode, this is the same time frame in which they expected it close when the deal was announced. Closure is contingent on the remaining items of business:

International Regulatory approvals (various)
Fed sign off of sale of RSN's

If those conclude ahead of schedule, they are free to close at their leisure. Expectations of closure is only there for guidance. ;)

So my assumption that character inclusions won't start until maybe GotG3 looks about right :o

Before any goes into Debbie Downer mode, this is the same time frame in which they expected it close when the deal was announced. Closure is contingent on the remaining items of business:

If those conclude ahead of schedule, they are free to close at their leisure. Expectations of closure is only there for guidance. ;)
Isn't this the same guy that said it wouldn't be until 2019 last time?

Y'all need to stop quoting ManaByte, the "insider" who said Deadpool 2 was a mess and reviewing badly with test audiences.

FOX shareholders did approve it and FOX's CEO mentioned the deal is expected to close in the first half of 2019.

https://variety.com/2018/biz/news/2...ote-1202888023/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

At the Fox meeting, a male shareholder came to the microphone to pay tribune[sic] to Fox’s Rupert Murdoch and his legacy in the media biz. “Nobody does it like Rupert Murdoch,” he said. “I love Rupert Murdoch.”

Paying tribute. More like ass kissing, hoping he'll get to keep his job. :o

Fox’s meeting was held in a small room with about 50 people in attendance, reflecting the large ownership stakes held by the Murdoch family and fewer individual investors. Disney, meanwhile, held its meeting in one of the hotel’s ballrooms, reflecting the broader interest in the company among the general public.

Disney got the bigger room. Fox were stuck in the hotel toilet.

During the discussion preceding the vote, only one shareholder — a shareholder who identified himself as an economics professor at Duquesne University — protested, simply saying “I think we are overpaying for Fox.”

This is the man with the speech impediment I mentioned earlier.

True, but I assume if they're saying the first half of 2019, that's their reasonable, educated estimation for when those things will be done.

I was hoping for something a little sooner, but I shouldn't be greedy.

Feige can still plan based on the knowledge that he will have the rights by then, but after credits scenes in 2019 films probably won't happen now.

True, but I assume if they're saying the first half of 2019, that's their reasonable, educated estimation for when those things will be done.

I was hoping for something a little sooner, but I shouldn't be greedy.

Feige can still plan based on the knowledge that he will have the rights by then, but after credits scenes in 2019 films probably won't happen now.
Isn't the rights clock still ticking? ;)

They can only guess, but none of them guessed the DOJ would approve as quick as they did. Either way, the Fed sign-off will occur this fall, and that is the last domestic hurdle.

The good news is the bidding war is officialy over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"