The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought they had to wait until the deal is officially closed, no?

They will be limited in what they can do, but Feige will be able to start pencilling in when he wants X-Men or FF films and start planning how he'll use those characters. They can't actually start working on the films, but Feige knows he'll get the rights and can plan with that in mind.

Well Simon, it was a run. Notice I didn’t say a good one, but a run nonetheless.

It's official: Mickey has ALL the Infinity Gems.

1d5.jpg

Take that Thanos.

If this doesn't close until after Feb. 14, Dark Phoenix should be released by Fox as a Fox film.

But if Fox is saying they expect the close to be "in the first half of 2019" they knew they'd be releasing the film.

The complete lack of any marketing must be telling in that context.

It's not Disney saying: "Don't do it" (they can't by law), it must be Fox saying: "Yeah, this movie really sucks."

They will be limited in what they can do, but Feige will be able to start pencilling in when he wants X-Men or FF films and start planning how he'll use those characters. They can't actually start working on the films, but Feige knows he'll get the rights and can plan with that in mind.

:up:

Pretty much this. Domestically there are really no barriers anymore than an official closure. With this approval, tt's virtually a done deal at this point, and that withstanding the two sides can start planning on the integration. Internally, Feige can start plotting his course with these properties.

Do you think Kevin Feige officially got 'the call' this morning?

If this doesn't close until after Feb. 14, Dark Phoenix should be released by Fox as a Fox film.

But if Fox is saying they expect the close to be "in the first half of 2019" they knew they'd be releasing the film.

The complete lack of any marketing must be telling in that context.

It's not Disney saying: "Don't do it" (they can't by law), it must be Fox saying: "Yeah, this movie really sucks."

If dark phoenix has to be released I hope its a good send off for the first class.

While I am a bit disappointed the deal won’t close sooner at least the FF returning home is now forever an inevitability rather than a wishful hypothetical.

The best thing about this deal is that unlike the Sony deal to put Spider-Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe this deal will see to it that Marvel Studios will have full and unlimited access to FF and X-Men.

Do you think Kevin Feige officially got 'the call' this morning?

Likely not because the sale was approved, but it didn't close. The call likely is coming when it closes. But maybe he got a call to start brainstorming :cwink:

If dark phoenix has to be released I hope its a good send off for the first class.

Unfortunately, if it's even a watchable film, I can't imagine why they wouldn't have shown a trailer for a friendly audience at Comic-Con.

Even if it's absolutely terrible, they should have been able to put together a trailer that would at least look good to the faithful.

The 2019 thing feels like a punch in the gut cause DP is definitely coming out :csad:

You scared me. Hi everyone, I'm new here, been lurking for more than 5 years. I feel like I already know some of you, definitely have some favourite posters.
Welcome, and I love your username. :up:

Before any goes into Debbie Downer mode, this is the same time frame in which they expected it close when the deal was announced. Closure is contingent on the remaining items of business:

International Regulatory approvals (various)
Fed sign off of sale of RSN's

If those conclude ahead of schedule, they are free to close at their leisure. Expectations of closure is only there for guidance. ;)

:up:

Oh, it is even better than that. Internally, plans can start to be drawn up and discussed....

And I bet the right people are already talking now.

LOVE this show!

It is a great show.

This was a good day. (Takes a drink).

The 2019 thing feels like a punch in the gut cause DP is definitely coming out :csad:
Eh, I always figured it would come out but I do wonder when they say the deal will close in the “first part of 2019 — then could that also mean January? That’s a month before Dark Phoenix comes out.

I suspect Feige has been making plans for a while. But now he can write them in ink instead of pencil.:sly:

Pretty much this. Domestically there are really no barriers anymore than an official closure. With this approval, tt's virtually a done deal at this point, and that withstanding the two sides can start planning on the integration. Internally, Feige can start plotting his course with these properties.
What about that idiot Fox shareholder who sued to have the deal stopped? What if a judge issues an injunction?

Eh, I always figured it would come out but I do wonder when they say the deal will close in the “first part of 2019 — then could that also mean January? That’s a month before Dark Phoenix comes out.

Even if it closes in January, that would be too late to stop Dark Phoenix.

Unless Fox has decided to push it off again (which isn't impossible), they'll need to be into full-swing promotion before January.

They would certainly have to at least be planning to release a trailer soon unless it's so completely bad they're seriously thinking about cutting their losses, not completing the film and scrapping it (again... Simon Kinberg, we could be talking about another Fant4stic here, but unlike Fant4stic, they don't have to release it to keep the rights, so if cost for post-production and marketing is more than they're likely to get back...).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"