The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lmao

And have him try to take over Ukraine

I'm not a fan of them being from the 1960's or whatever. Just make them young, like 28-34 years old and have Reed just now coming onto the scene as a genius. I'm sure they'd skip the origin too, since after Doctor Strange it doesn't sound like Marvel will be doing too many origin stories anymore.

I don't want a young Reed. We already tried that with Miles Teller. I want Reed to be more of the elder stateman of the MCU. He doesn't have to be as old as Michael Douglas, but he should be a bit older than Tony Stark. I'd like him to be like Indiana Jones: a college professor type, who also goes on intrepid adventures.

I'd ideally like someone like Bruce Greenwood

Bruce_Greenwood_in_Star_Trek_Wallpaper_31_1024.jpeg

or Tim Daly:

tim-daly-07.jpg

I go away for a couple days and you all get us kicked over to the kid's table. Sheesh. Ah well, keep hope alive.

since after Doctor Strange it doesn't sound like Marvel will be doing too many origin stories anymore.

That's not true.
That was a statement taken out of context and blown over proportion.

I'm sure we'll get many more origin stories, including Captain Marvel and maybe even the Inhumans.

I don't want a young Reed. We already tried that with Miles Teller. I want Reed to be more of the elder stateman of the MCU. He doesn't have to be as old as Michael Douglas, but he should be a bit older than Tony Stark. I'd like him to be like Indiana Jones: a college professor type, who also goes on intrepid adventures.

or Tim Daly:

tim-daly-07.jpg
A guy who voiced Batman or a guy who voiced Superman. I can dig it.

I always felt they needed to cast Reed against type like George Clooney or a maverick-y type of character actor. Dashing but still able to pull off the aloof scientists role.
5794-george-clooney.jpg

A guy who voiced Batman or a guy who voiced Superman. I can dig it.

Tim Daly plays an ethics professor, husband to the US secretary of state and a former military pilot on Madam Secretary. He seems quite Reed Richards like on there and I could envisage him in the part.

I feel like this thread should be in the DC Comics Film section.

I feel like this thread should be in the DC Comics Film section.

Nah, I'd rather not have Reed break Doom's neck in the reboot. I'm not going to keep S alive that the rights go to DC.

I hope you're not posting BvS spoilers. Not everyone has seen it. Just because it came out on Friday doesn't mean everyone will have seen it yet.

I hope you're not posting BvS spoilers. Not everyone has seen it. Just because it came out on Friday doesn't mean everyone will have seen it yet.

Nope, just two infamous Man of Steel references (and that's over two years old). I wouldn't spoil any BvS stuff (heck, I mostly can't as I'm waiting for the home release).

I go away for a couple days and you all get us kicked over to the kid's table. Sheesh. Ah well, keep hope alive.

Bookmark this page, pull up a chair, and let's make this the best damn discussion about a movie that doesn't have its own section . . . or actual movie for that matter . . . that SHH has ever had.:woot:

Bookmark this page, pull up a chair, and let's make this the best damn discussion about a movie that doesn't have its own section . . . or actual movie for that matter . . . that SHH has ever had.:woot:

We shall call it... FF:INO

Is Never an Option:o

or Tim Daly:

tim-daly-07.jpg

Not bad choices -- but they're both aging out of where I'd like to see Reed and the rest.

RDJ was 43 when the first Iron Man premiered. Harrison Ford was 39 when Raiders of the Lost Ark premiered.

Reed should be in the 37-43 age range, so should Ben. Put Sue between 27-33 and Johnny between 17-23 and you'll get a good representation of what ages the Fantastic Four were when they first premiered in '61.

Not bad choices -- but they're both aging out of where I'd like to see Reed and the rest.

RDJ was 43 when the first Iron Man premiered. Harrison Ford was 39 when Raiders of the Lost Ark premiered.

Reed should be in the 37-43 age range, so should Ben. Put Sue between 27-33 and Johnny between 17-23 and you'll get a good representation of what ages the Fantastic Four were when they first premiered in '61.

Perfect age ranges. Except my choice for Sue would be too old :csad: (Alice Eve)

Well Tim Daly doesn't look that old. He doesn't have to play his actual age. He can play younger since he's still in good shape. He looks younger than Bruce Greenwood, that's for sure.

And I would personally prefer Reed to be older than Stark, not younger. Sue could be in her 30s. She could've been one of his students with a big age gap between the two.

I still wouldn't want Reed to be over 60. Especially if they're gonna go with the 1960's route.

I don't think age is as important as casting someone who can play serious and mature. It wasn't that Miles Teller was too young, it was that he looks like and has the stage-presence of a 12 year old.

Michael Fassbender was 34 when he did X-Men FC. Jon Hamm was 36 in the first season of Madmen.

Someone like that, with a good, serious, mature stage-presence in their mid 30's could be good now and for the next 15-20 years.

I think it's more important to have the more "616" age gaps amongst the Four than the specific age of Reed. Johnny a late teen (or maybe very early 20s), Sue a bit older than him, and Reed and Ben older than Sue. Ultimate Fantastic Four was hardly worth drawing from in the first place. The traditional age gaps contribute to the family feel of the group. Ultimate turns them into a group of pals that aren't going to have anywhere near the life experience differences the originals had.

I think they'd want Johnny Storm and Peter Parker around the same age

I think they'd want Johnny Storm and Peter Parker around the same age

I think comic Johnny is about a year older? I'd be on board with that. Figuring out a logical means for a teen to be on the ship (assuming they use that) would be the only obstacle. Not hard to overcome really. Just have him visiting Sue at Reed's project and the ship malfunctions and launches early or something. Job done.

Certainly better than "Hey, lets all get drunk (on one hip flask no less) and take a visit in spacesuits we have never worn (like ever) to another dimension where we have no f##king idea what we are doing. Wait a sec guys, I'm gonna call my old friend you have never met to come along. He isn't drunk like us hilarious lightweights, but I can talk that idiot into doing anything."

Genius...

I mean, by the time Johny comes into the MCU Peter will be what? 18? 19? So it would make sense for Johny to be 21-23.

I think comic Johnny is about a year older? I'd be on board with that. Figuring out a logical means for a teen to be on the ship (assuming they use that) would be the only obstacle. Not hard to overcome really. Just have him visiting Sue at Reed's project and the ship malfunctions and launches early or something. Job done.

Certainly better than "Hey, lets all get drunk (on one hip flask no less) and take a visit in spacesuits we have never worn (like ever) to another dimension where we have no f##king idea what we are doing. Wait a sec guys, I'm gonna call my old friend you have never met to come along. He isn't drunk like us hilarious lightweights, but I can talk that idiot into doing anything."

Genius...

I've never watched that abortion of a movie known as Fant4stic. Does it really happen this way?:dry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"