The Dark Knight Rises The Score II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not impressed with the samples. Sounds like mostly BB/TDK stuff.

tumblr_m45ch52v9C1r00gie.gif

I hope "Why do we fall" is part of a training montage. Hell, I may use it as workout music after the movie:up:

....then again, these are 30 second clips guys. While I like what we've heard, maybe it's best to wait full judgment till the thing is released or *ahem*....leaks.

Not impressed with the samples. Sounds like mostly BB/TDK stuff.

This is basically true, but I don't know why you'd expect anything else at this point. And there is some uniqueness with the Selina material and some of the Bane stuff.

I hope "Why do we fall" is part of a training montage. Hell, I may use it as workout music after the movie:up:

Bruce training is definitely what I had in mind while listening to it. :hrt:

I can only imagine how much great music is going to be missing from this release. It's always the case with Zimmer, and then there's the fact that this is a 2:45 movie.

I'm sure the deluxe will be out for Christmas though.

I'm absolutely loving these samples right now.

Trying to think of something novel to say but I pretty much agree with everyone here :woot: (Except for anyone who believes that these are somehow fake :funny:)

Love "Mind If I Cut In". Sounds unquestionably feline, original, and Zimmerian.

Love the hearkening back to "Nycteris" in "Despair."

Impressed all around :woot:

Love what I heard, Rise is going to be sad for sure.

....then again, these are 30 second clips guys. While I like what we've heard, maybe it's best to wait full judgment till the thing is released or *ahem*....leaks.

Absolutely. I remember being a tad disappointed once I heard the TDK samples when they leaked.

After seeing the film, I was pleased to be surprised. After listening to the soundtrack, I couldn't believe how wrong I was. After listening to the 2-disc soundtrack, I just felt disgusted with my earlier disappointment.

A bit from the 'Rise' track is the same bit from the scene when the Wayne's were murder.

I swear I hear the Ra's Al Ghul musical motif in there at some point...

Absolutely. I remember being a tad disappointed once I heard the TDK samples when they leaked.

After seeing the film, I was pleased to be surprised. After listening to the soundtrack, I couldn't believe how wrong I was. After listening to the 2-disc soundtrack, I just felt disgusted with my earlier disappointment.

Haha! Well good that you came around!!!
I cannot wait for this bad boy to leak. :)

I really hope that Rise transitions into some awe-inspiring triumphant section after revisiting the choir part....

Also, Why Do We Fall sounds like it could be a real career highlight moment for Zimmer, in terms of somberly epic pieces.

I swear I hear the Ra's Al Ghul musical motif in there at some point...

Your ears don't deceive you, it's definitely there in Born in Darkness, kinda hidden but there.

:shock

Now I know what "Mind If I Cut In" reminds me of!

The first 30-ish seconds of...

[YT]CkM4u1LFOp4[/YT]

Zimmer's unearthly, resonant, yet indisputably beautiful piano.

That piano is gonna' do wonders on Catwoman :hrt::hrt::hrt:

Last edited:
Now that I've listened to this a bunch I totally think that "Gotham's Reckoning" is from the MTV footage...

:shock

Now I know what "Mind If I Cut In" reminds me of!

The first 30-ish seconds of...

[YT]CkM4u1LFOp4[/YT]

Zimmer's unearthly, resonant, yet indisputably beautiful piano.

That piano is gonna' do wonders on Catwoman :hrt::hrt::hrt:
Nice catch. Zimmer definitely went into the vault to look for some inspiration.

Just how Underground Army is incredibly similar to the MW2 multiplayer menu theme. ;) :up:

Since I posted the link to the samples I've seen some the most ridiculous examples of hyperbole associated with Zimmer.

I love the Batman scores but some of the things people say here and elsewhere are beyond laughable.

Oh wait, I'm trolling right?

Since I posted the link to the samples I've seen some the most ridiculous examples of hyperbole associated with Zimmer.

I love the Batman scores but some of the things people say here and elsewhere are beyond laughable.

Oh wait, I'm trolling right?

Are you baiting a negative response? That's usually what trolling means.

Damn, something is wrong with my speakers and I can't listen to them yet.

All I have to say is I have my popcorn ready for when Elevator man comes in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"