The Spider-Man 3 FAQ Thread

POWDER-man deserves an award. First he brings us full coveraage of the Cleaveland shoot, then he does this!! If it exists (which I don't think it does), I cast my vote for POWDER-man for Poster of The Year!!

Do we have another Venom confirmation on our hands, or is Wizard pulling its usual stunts?

wz176bcover1jo.jpg

Hmm yeah I saw that the other day....

They are probably just basing it from Dunst and Church's confirmation without the official confirmation from Sony or another source....

This thread will be very helpful. Glad to see there was one also posted in the Untitled Batman Begins sequel forum.

cmill216 said:
Do we have another Venom confirmation on our hands, or is Wizard pulling its usual stunts?

wz176bcover1jo.jpg
Is that issue out yet?

Maybe it's off-topic but I didn't want to start a new thread: What's going with the official Spider-Man3 site? I can't see the black-suit-pic... just the raindrops that fall on spidey in the pic...

Goran said:
Maybe it's off-topic but I didn't want to start a new thread: What's going with the official Spider-Man3 site? I can't see the black-suit-pic... just the raindrops that fall on spidey in the pic...

Huh? It looks fine to me.

Saw that issue in my comic store. Most likely it's not going to have anything new than whats been mentioned already.

Just the same one picture and it just eludes to Venom will be in the movie. They have just as much info as us.

Added these two to the FAQ:

It's Venom, it's a goblin, it's a church, it's..........nothing, absolutely nothing...

img_black.jpg

We have all heard and seen the eyepiece in detail. There is simply nothing conclusive to indicate that there is actually anything visibly clear in the eyepiece. It's mostly speculation, and/or "wishful" thinking on the most part by fans. If Sony MEANT to have anything in the eyepiece would you think they would make it so difficult to distinguish? Threads on the subject is therefore unneccesary and unwarranted around these parts.

But I saw something on IMBd (or Wikipedia)?(Thanks cmill)

Do not believe everything you read. Both websites depend solely on information provided by the fans. Sometimes they can be right but a lot of the times they are incorrect because fans are typically basing their information on rumours, speculation, or simply on what pops in their head. It's not to say the information on either site is 100% false, it's that the information provided is unreliable on best circumstances. Threads that are based on this information are not suggested.

UPDATE 5/15/06(Thanks cmill)

Escalating special effects costs have boosted the budget of Sony's Spider-Man 3, scheduled for release on May 4, 2007, to between $250 million and $300 million, the Wall Street Journal reported over the weekend, citing people close to the studio

SOURCE

Now that there appears to be a growing amount of threads created by Noobs in this corner of SHH, we have to take steps on curbing this growing problem. The majority of these threads are subjects long discussed, old reported news, rumours/heresay, and than of course the completely ridiculous ones that either make no sense or are not even linked to Spider-Man 3.

One way we could handle these problems is creating an official thread for main characters and subjects.

ie. The Official Topher Grace/Venom Rumours Discussion Thread
The Official James Franco Discussion Thread

The second way is to help these individuals and guiding them to the right thread.

We could use one of these two standard pictures when the thead is unneccesary or if it should be moved:

spider-man-2-wallpaper-9-800.jpg

spider-man-2-wallpaper-13-800.jpg

Now I am not talking about NEW news, I am more talking about the "Do you think Topher is Venom?", or "IMBd says Dr Connors is Lizard" threads that get created daily. Once we have specific threads for these subjects it should cut down on the constant posting of repetitive threads.

The third thing would be for everyone to stop posting in a thread that should be moved or closed after someone has posted one of the pictures and have given "helpful" instructions. This way either the thread will slide down the page or a Mod will choose to close it.

I think that is a great idea. You are really trying to clean up this place aren't you? Good show.

I haven´t been here in a while, so I´d like to say: Thumbs up POWdER-man, the thread is looking great.

POWdER-man said:
Now that there appears to be a growing amount of threads created by Noobs in this corner of SHH, we have to take steps on curbing this growing problem. The majority of these threads are subjects long discussed, old reported news, rumours/heresay, and than of course the completely ridiculous ones that either make no sense or are not even linked to Spider-Man 3.

One way we could handle these problems is creating an official thread for main characters and subjects.

ie. The Official Topher Grace/Venom Rumours Discussion Thread
The Official James Franco Discussion Thread

The second way is to help these individuals and guiding them to the right thread.

We could use one of these two standard pictures when the thead is unneccesary or if it should be moved:

spider-man-2-wallpaper-9-800.jpg

spider-man-2-wallpaper-13-800.jpg

Now I am not talking about NEW news, I am more talking about the "Do you think Topher is Venom?", or "IMBd says Dr Connors is Lizard" threads that get created daily. Once we have specific threads for these subjects it should cut down on the constant posting of repetitive threads.

The third thing would be for everyone to stop posting in a thread that should be moved or closed after someone has posted one of the pictures and have given "helpful" instructions. This way either the thread will slide down the page or a Mod will choose to close it.

I suggest NOT using those pictures and simply directing the person politely to the appropriate thread, then hitting the 'Report post' button to let the mods know the thread is a duplicate.

POWdER-man said:
Added these two to the FAQ:

It's Venom, it's a goblin, it's a church, it's..........nothing, absolutely nothing...

img_black.jpg

We have all heard and seen the eyepiece in detail. There is simply nothing conclusive to indicate that there is actually anything visibly clear in the eyepiece. It's mostly speculation, and/or "wishful" thinking on the most part by fans. If Sony MEANT to have anything in the eyepiece would you think they would make it so difficult to distinguish? Threads on the subject is therefore unneccesary and unwarranted around these parts.

But I saw something on IMdb (or Wikipedia)?(Thanks cmill)

Do not believe everything you read. Both websites depend solely on information provided by the fans. Sometimes they can be right but a lot of the times they are incorrect because fans are typically basing their information on rumours, speculation, or simply on what pops in their head. It's not to say the information on either site is 100% false, it's that the information provided is unreliable on best circumstances. Threads that are based on this information are not suggested.
i just fixed your error see you wrote imbd so i changed it to imdb instead i hope you did't mind.

Like the ideas. Another would be with the Gwen, Captain Stacy, and Harry threads recently created. If they got sticked maybe it could help in preventing multiple threads when we get more pics/info coming in.

Jasmine said:
Like the ideas. Another would be with the Gwen, Captain Stacy, and Harry threads recently created. If they got sticked maybe it could help in preventing multiple threads when we get more pics/info coming in.

Well I know cmill got the idea from me because he posted it in the first post. the other two either followed cmill's example or they read this too...

I don't think they need to be stickied, just all the threads involving them should be moved over to those main threads.

It just kinda sucks that seemingly no one wants to talk about Gwen, cause that thread is slowly going by the wayside. :(

Must....revive....it....

(Oh, and I completely copied off of your whole "First Post Has All the Main Info" deal. Hey, it was really good concept. :up:)

I agree with an FAQ but I wouldnt agree with any further "policing", I mean people who dont know much about spidey are allowed here too :-)
not enough is known to create gwen/topher faqs plus duplicate threads dont really bother me that much.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"