BvS The Superman suit Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
For practicality, I would agree. I think the long one looks cool though.

I like the cape shorter. Long is fine, but I didn't like how it went all the way to the floor. It even got all dirty when they were at that desert military base waiting for Faora. I was like "That's why the cape shouldn't be that long!" :hehe:

I like the cape shorter. Long is fine, but I didn't like how it went all the way to the floor. It even got all dirty when they were at that desert military base waiting for Faora. I was like "That's why the cape shouldn't be that long!" :hehe:

Well, I'll admit that's true. It does get dirty. It looks so majestic in the hovering/blowing in the wind scenes though. But I reckon an ankle length one would do that as well.

It will be interesting to see if they keep it that long and if they make batman's that long.

The suit is undeniably muted. Snyder wouldn't go out of his way to make a colorful costume only to post-process it in a different direction. There are plenty of other shots which showcase the suit under various lighting.

10869456435_0f1c047be3_m.jpg

Henry_Cavill_Man-of-Steel-Flying.jpg

Man-of-Steel-Behind-the-Scenes-Footage.jpg

image.jpg

mosblurayextras-1959.png

Those colors are atrocious.

And that "just above is junk" buckle drives me insane.

And to anyone arguing that it looks like that because of the lighting, do remember that it looks JUST like that in the well lit, in studio BTS videos.

It all depends on the lighting. The suit has had different color trough the film and the extras.
notice this.
tumblr_n2i4otd9uR1qeyjtso2_500.gif

Well, I'll admit that's true. It does get dirty. It looks so majestic in the hovering/blowing in the wind scenes though. But I reckon an ankle length one would do that as well.

It will be interesting to see if they keep it that long and if they make batman's that long.

I think you may have a point but I don't agree. If they shorten the cape I wouldn't complain I'm neutral but I think the cape was just perfect!!!!
Wow!!!
tumblr_n29d7rADBB1r6xstho7_250.gif

It all depends on the lighting. The suit has had different color trough the film and the extras.
notice this.
The suit has never looked that vibrant in film or in real life. The GIFs such as yours originate from Tumblr, which for some unknown reason blasts a +40 saturation filter on every file.

If you pop in the Blu-Ray disc where that clip is from, you'll see it's no different than the pics I posted before.

Well, I mean they still do that same effect with a shorter cape. Plenty of art is evidence of that.

But, yeah. I was really surprised as to how long it was when the MOS BTS pics came out with him at the farm. I wouldn't even expect Batman to have a cape that long.

The suit has never looked that vibrant in film or in real life. The GIFs such as yours originate from Tumblr, which for some unknown reason blasts a +40 saturation filter on every file.

If you pop in the Blu-Ray disc where that clip is from, you'll see it's no different than the pics I posted before.
I've seen the extra that this gif belongs in my BR and its almost the same and of course is not the same as for example the pics you posted. If you noticed the scene where Supes is in the Black Zero the suit clearly has a totally different color than for example in the interrogation scene.

I think we can all agree that the filters used in MOS made the suit, actors, and everything else less attractive in terms of color than they would've looked in real life.

Also, aren't there some pics with the suit on display looking brighter?

Well, I mean they still do that same effect with a shorter cape. Plenty of art is evidence of that.

But, yeah. I was really surprised as to how long it was when the MOS BTS pics came out with him at the farm. I wouldn't even expect Batman to have a cape that long.

I think the super-long cape is a Snyder thing. He did that in 300 too. Muscular men and giant capes seem to be his thing, lol.

I think you may have a point but I don't agree. If they shorten the cape I wouldn't complain I'm neutral but I think the cape was just perfect!!!!
Wow!!!
tumblr_n29d7rADBB1r6xstho7_250.gif

I like it too, but can see why some wouldn't. This is a great image of it though.

Snyder's dreams are raw superpowered homoeroticism.

I think they use it to put some more grounded and real than most of this genre movies and kinda separating it from them and I don't had a problem with the colors. IMO they looked factual and realistic but of course I don't mind if they give us a little more of saturation thought.

I didn't hate the MOS colors. I still think the movie is beautiful overall. I just think it could be even better if they upped the saturation.

Not for the shortenning of cape!!!!!!!!!!! :argh:
Dat cape is majestic!!!!!

What he said^:word: The length of Superman's cape in MOS complimented Cavill's body perfectly. I just don't think a shorter cape would really make Cavill's body-type look as good with a scrawny cape. I like the quote "Never Tug on Superman's Cape.." and MOS captured that perfectly. It felt like a big part of the story and character in many ways.

i want more yellow on the emblem, i felt it looked too white

notice this.

The filter from the gif (and possibly the camera as well) is giving it that color.

The filter from the gif (and possibly the camera as well) is giving it that color.
The scene was from the extras and I saw it also and it looks almost identical. it all depends on the lighting of the scene. or do you think it looks the same in the Black Zero or in Smallville, interrogation room?

now see, if it had actually looked like this in that particular movie scene, i never would of said a word, but it didnt look like that at all... we got something bleaker and darker. now yes i know they have a light in the background, however if you remove that, it still has that bright look, but no, we didnt see that at all... we got this instead:

http://s13.postimg.org/kr509eeo7/Man_Of_Steel2013_4260.jpg

do a compare and contrast of both of the BTS pics and the screencapture, and tell me you dont see a problem.

I don't see a problem. I see a handsome man ;)

Man-of-Steel-Official-Trailer-3-HD-1-3756.jpg

But seriously, I think they were just going for a cold sterile look in that room, and I like how it looks.

The suit looks brighter and warmer in other scenes.

iJoubv6lLu9gv.gif

It only looks wrong in this shot IMO, where it feels like I'm wearing sunglasses on a sunny day.

henry-cavill-man-of-steel.jpg

Last edited:
I see a handsome man too, but he's a tad blue. Look at his lips. He looks like Jack when Rose took up all the room on that piece of wreckage in Titanic.

Edit: looks better in the other 2 you added.

Last edited:
that whole interrogation scene, he looks like he's dead...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"