The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion & Speculation Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 113

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gave up on IMDB after I read the Inception boards there. So many trolls...

I think this guy is pretty sincere in having seen the film, I asked him about Liam and the prison. He doesn't spoil much and we've pretty much guessed this all along.

NMSM - liam Neeson is in a flashback to Bane's story. I would hate to spoil the sequence for you. In terms of flashback scenes it is excellent. I have not seen the first Nolan Batman but I know Neeson was in it and can only assume this is roughly in timeline with when he was in the first Batman. But it is a really good story. Lasts roughly 5 minutes. Seen it this morning and afternoon but will describe in more detail tomorrow afternoon - you have my word.

The prison is really harsh. Contains a lot of people who seem to have committed crimes to society over an extensive period of time. There is one man there who looks around 90! That was all about one hour in the movie. Perhaps One hour 20 mins ? The prison scenes are lengthly.

I can answer RE : Bane's motive - he is a Mercenary who despises inequality. He had it bad in his story and sets out to purge the world into living on an equal playing field. I cannot stress how much he hates the fatcats and the rich of the world.

He is not seen without his mask....as such. But it's not on all of the time properly either. If you get me. I really don't want to ruin it for you.

I know IMDb is like troll-central at this moment, but I enjoy reading cpd1975 spoilerish posts. He's being honest, genuine and sincere (to me, anyway). I even asked him about the batcave, in which he promised to go in-depth tomorrow.

Another TV Spot !!!! (The Bane rapelling one......not new )

Total Recall is having a blinder here. :yay:

Love seeing them here in the UK, every ad break. Finally.

IT'S COMING. :woot:

i wish somebody would give a bloody review by now

Haven't seen it in IMAX but just got back from a 3D screening and they played TDKR trailer 3 before it (would love to see TASM in IMAX, some of the webslinging scenes have turned out brilliant and the POV ones have improved significantly since the trailer)

You're the second person I've spoke two who said it had the 3rd trailer, dang was really hoping it would be the nokia one. It may be different for IMAX though.

I'm taking the review down, because I can't confirm its authenticity.

Last edited:
I won't read it, but does it sound somewhat legit?

Hello

I didnt actually realise there was a forum on here for this movie, I posted elsewhere a short while ago thinking I had to comment on this film there.

First off - not a big Batman fan, not seen the first one, I did watch The Dark Knight which I did enjoy and my job for most of today was marking and reviewing scenes that are likely to be toned down here in the UK

First off it is just so serious for a superhero movie which I guess is a positive thing in it's own way. It's very grim at times though.

I would get into a lot of trouble and using my initials as my user ID wasn't a good move but as I am posting from laptop at home and not at work I thought i'd just share one thing to set you all up for the film as you are likely to not see this scene :

Was in a makeshift court. Very very intense. A lot of businessmen are on trial by homeless people and lowlifes for this Bane character's transformation of the city.

Some of what is in the scene is extremely over the top and perhaps rightfully will not make it on big screen.

A man is sobbing and begging for his life and calling for mercy and he is pushed off a chair, the main villain stands over him and stamps him to death with his boot crushing off his skull. I have watched films on a daily basis for work and even social like Irreversible, Oldboy, Human Centipede, Hostel - stuff like that and those didn't ever make me flinch like the court scene.

It's about 5 mins long. It seems to go on all day. Starts off during day and then onto night too and it's right at the edge of the island. It doesn't look like an actual court. It's hard to explain.

Within the scene, another very hard to watch bit was when a woman, again, wearing an expensive jacket and boots, is forced into freezing water by a couple of soliders. Bane is not at this scene at night. Just during the day.

Also in the scene is the bad guy at the start of the Dark Knight in the car park. You guys I am sure will know the one ?

I'm on Red Bull. Been working for 14 hours so will be up for a bit longer and happy to answer any questions. I don't mind chatting about anything :)

Yes - I have seen the full movie and it isn't fair to say anything about it really other than I am sure you will all love it even though it's very serious and not a lot of laughs are had.

I guess I am old fashioned and just miss The Joker and his madness.

Jesus that sounds AWESOME!!! Yet brutal. Really want them to keep this in this will get across how brutal Bane is.

That "review" was posted on Nukethefridge exactly a month ago. It's fake.

so he wasnt blown away!? time to panic! Nolan has dropped the ball!!

He said he likes it but wasn't blown away. I am in no way believing it though as until Friday I don't believe anyone not working in WB has seen it.

Nah. Lots of inconsistencies with things that we know already.

And yup that was posted already before.

I think that review is fake. The mention of

the circus at the end

gives it away.

Hello

I didnt actually realise there was a forum on here for this movie, I posted elsewhere a short while ago thinking I had to comment on this film there.

First off - not a big Batman fan, not seen the first one, I did watch The Dark Knight which I did enjoy and my job for most of today was marking and reviewing scenes that are likely to be toned down here in the UK

First off it is just so serious for a superhero movie which I guess is a positive thing in it's own way. It's very grim at times though.

I would get into a lot of trouble and using my initials as my user ID wasn't a good move but as I am posting from laptop at home and not at work I thought i'd just share one thing to set you all up for the film as you are likely to not see this scene :

Was in a makeshift court. Very very intense. A lot of businessmen are on trial by homeless people and lowlifes for this Bane character's transformation of the city.

Some of what is in the scene is extremely over the top and perhaps rightfully will not make it on big screen.

A man is sobbing and begging for his life and calling for mercy and he is pushed off a chair, the main villain stands over him and stamps him to death with his boot crushing off his skull. I have watched films on a daily basis for work and even social like Irreversible, Oldboy, Human Centipede, Hostel - stuff like that and those didn't ever make me flinch like the court scene.

It's about 5 mins long. It seems to go on all day. Starts off during day and then onto night too and it's right at the edge of the island. It doesn't look like an actual court. It's hard to explain.

Within the scene, another very hard to watch bit was when a woman, again, wearing an expensive jacket and boots, is forced into freezing water by a couple of soliders. Bane is not at this scene at night. Just during the day.

Also in the scene is the bad guy at the start of the Dark Knight in the car park. You guys I am sure will know the one ?

I'm on Red Bull. Been working for 14 hours so will be up for a bit longer and happy to answer any questions. I don't mind chatting about anything :)

Yes - I have seen the full movie and it isn't fair to say anything about it really other than I am sure you will all love it even though it's very serious and not a lot of laughs are had.

I guess I am old fashioned and just miss The Joker and his madness.

Jesus that sounds AWESOME!!! Yet brutal. Really want them to keep this in this will get across how brutal Bane is.
If that scene is real and it's snubbed for the Brits I will be very angry. I'll also end up importing as opposed to buying our version when it goes on DVD.

The one on IMDB I don't understand. Why would certain scenes be cut in cinema? I don't understand.

He wasn't blown away so it's fake. :o

Really though, he mentions the circus and the Flying Graysons. Pure BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"