The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion & Speculation Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 118

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if I'm being stupid but were we not supposed to get something from MD about the Batcave?

We got it - a new area unlocked, it's a shorter version of the feautrette with some new shots and sound effects and stuff - and there may be more to come:

[YT]R9le_c032AA[/YT]

5wyp1y.jpg

Sorry if I'm being stupid but were we not supposed to get something from MD about the Batcave?
Yeah, we got it last night. It was essentially just a condensed version of the featurette with a couple alternate take esque shots, but nothing big. A big chunk of it is old so long as you've seen the original featurette.

ETA: Thread manager :dry:

Oh dear I leave for an hour and this has become the new review/reaction thread :facepalm: and this thread was so good today :(

Yeah, I did. :csad: I'm not enjoying it as much as I thought.

The beatdown undoubtedly appears malicious but I think it needs to happen in order for the audience to buy it, and for Batman's comeback to carry more fuel or emotional weight.

Batman's defeat to Bane has to be humiliating, bone crunching and gut-wrenching. It can't be on the level that Joss Whedon used for The Avengers. The victory has to feel like victory.

We got it - a new area unlocked, it's a shorter version of the feautrette with some new shots and sound effects and stuff - and there may be more to come:

[YT]R9le_c032AA[/YT]

Yeah, we got it last night. It was essentially just a condensed version of the featurette with a couple alternate take esque shots, but nothing big. A big chunk of it is old so long as you've seen the original featurette.

ETA: Thread manager :dry:

Thanks chaps. Any reason to re-watch (part of) that featurette makes me a happy camper :up:

I'll say it over and over, that liver shot looks brutal. Bane is a BAMF.

Shape:

First, thanks for answering some questions and generally handling all this in exactly the right way.

A slightly off-beat question: Are there any comic arcs that clearly influenced TDKR beyond the standard few that we've beaten to death around here? Clearly Knightfall and No Man's Land, but anything else? Bane of the Demon? Something totally out of left field maybe?

guys what is the beautiful somber song in the featurette when it shows the cops of gotham running into battle?

Bane elbowing Batman in the liver and seeing him fall down to his knees only to get punched in the head on his way down. Ouch.
And yet we still don't have a GIF of that :csad:.

How long till we get this new sneak peek?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"