The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tally ho!!!!

EDIT- Sweet... I made it LOL

Might as well post it.
2326302248_7ea1bfdf94.jpg

enquencle said:
Stryver? That's the name of a character in Dickens A Tale of Two Cities. Remember that Twitter fake @TheNightShadows(or at least we think it is, dont know if it's confirmed) with lots of quotes from this book? I'm sure this is just a coincidence, but I wonder if someone knows something we dont... I also saw a tweetfrom a guy saying something like " I wonder why Nolan keeps connecting TDKR to A Two Cities Story".

Ya, I noticed that character as well today when I Googled the name. I'v never read the book, but all of this definitely seems interesting.

Does ayone know what the book is about? I havent read it so I have no clue. I know it's pretty much only a coincidence, but it would be nice to know anyway.

If TDKR is based a little off on A tale of Two Cities, this could be the most epic movie ever

A Tale of Two Cities, very interesting indeed... something to take into deeper consideration mayhaps.

A Tale of Two Cities (1859) is a novel by Charles Dickens, set in London and Paris before and during the French Revolution. With well over 200 million copies sold, it ranks among the most famous works in the history of fictional literature.[2]
The novel depicts the plight of the French peasantry demoralized by the French aristocracy in the years leading up to the revolution, the corresponding brutality demonstrated by the revolutionaries toward the former aristocrats in the early years of the revolution, and many unflattering social parallels with life in London during the same time period. It follows the lives of several protagonists through these events. The most notable are Charles Darnay and Sydney Carton. Darnay is a French once-aristocrat who falls victim to the indiscriminate wrath of the revolution despite his virtuous nature, and Carton is a dissipated British barrister who endeavours to redeem his ill-spent life out of his unrequited love for Darnay's wife, Lucie Manette.

Indeed Pagan.

I think we can all draw the parallels there :awesome:

Cool Hardy set pics and it's nice he came through. I don't know why people want to be done with him. He gave us these pictures after all. Even if he may annoy you, ignore it and if there's pics, there's pics.

A Tale of Two Cities....

I just read the plot, and sounds really interesting, I can see Nolan being inspired by this for Bruce Wayne's story.
The quotes fromthat Twitter fake make no sense for the most part, but I wonder if someone knows something we dont :huh:

I get Bruce as Darnay, but what else is there? Carton as Bane?

With some Tweaking I see Carton as Selena; she falls in love with Bats, knows she can't be with him because she's a criminal and starts a life of trying to do things...to please him. The "right thing" to try and gain his acceptance...

With some Tweaking I see Carton as Selena; she falls in love with Bats, knows she can't be with him because she's a criminal and starts a life of trying to do things...to please him. The "right thing" to try and gain his acceptance...

True, true. Could work.

Wow, I'm just thinking about the Book again and if this movie takes cues from it, I'm very excited.

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]358187[/split]
Honestly Thread Manager, I'm getting sick of your *****. Ever since you came around, you've walked around this place like you fricken owned it, just locking threads left and right, and feeling like you can just make a new one because you feel like it. I'm god damn tired of it, and I'm tired of you. I dare you to come meet me in person, I fricken dare you. I would lay you down so damn hard you wouldn't be able to walk for months. You better pray to god that I don't ever run into you, because if I do, you're done. But obviously you're too ***** to even make a post on these forums, so I bet if you saw me, you'd just run away like a little b*tch.

Wow, I'm just thinking about the Book again and if this movie takes cues from it, I'm very excited.

Well, the Stryver pic was just posted in the Photos Thread, so it certainly seems more and more like a possibility.

Indeed Pagan.

I think we can all draw the parallels there :awesome:

I can draw some to almost every character in the novel and the movie (even some only rumored) loosely. It does make the appearance of Talia and the LoS more likely imo. Much to your dismay I know. :p

Or Maybe Bruce is a combination of both Darnay and Carton. I can see that under the right circumstances.

Honestly Thread Manager, I'm getting sick of your *****. Ever since you came around, you've walked around this place like you fricken owned it, just locking threads left and right, and feeling like you can just make a new one because you feel like it. I'm god damn tired of it, and I'm tired of you. I dare you to come meet me in person, I fricken dare you. I would lay you down so damn hard you wouldn't be able to walk for months. You better pray to god that I don't ever run into you, because if I do, you're done. But obviously you're too ***** to even make a post on these forums, so I bet if you saw me, you'd just run away like a little ****.
:up:

Well, the Stryver pic was just posted in the Photos Thread, so it certainly seems more and more like a possibility.
Tale of Two Cities is one of my favorite books, if TDKR was influenced by it, I will be very, VERY, interested to see how the film turns out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"