The Tim Sale appreciation thread

Carmine Falcone said:
sparrowsale2ss.jpg

screen12.jpg

Guybrush Threepwood ftw.

With all the Tim Sale trashing that is going on in another thread, this needs a bump.

You mean that All Star Batman thread? Don't mind him. Few of us ever resepect silentflute's posts.

Here are my two most favorite drawings Tim Sale has drawn of Batman:

3p10.jpg

battrap.jpg

Also, when we had the Batman Elimination Round of Best Artist it came down to Jim Lee, Tim Sale, and Neal Adams. I made sure that Sale won it and he did (after Lee was eliminated but still :O). :up:

^Mingnola was in the top 3 not Lee.

I love Sale's work, he's one of my favorites.

Mee said:
^Mingnola was in the top 3 not Lee.

I love Sale's work, he's one of my favorites.

I meant those 3 were the highest during most of the round...when Lee got eliminated and Mignola was still standing was bull**** because right after the people voting for Mignola and against Lee eliminated Mignola themselves and voted for Adams. Was sweet to get payback and have Sale win.

My new avatar was originally a Sale drawing (from the Batsquad sketch above). I altered it quite a bit, but Sale is my favorite artist. Can't wait for his team-up with Darwyn Cooke on the new Superman book.

Here's one of my favorite panels from the excellent Batman: Blades.

and I don't know if this has been posted yet, but it's nice anyway:

detective791.jpg

and some Hulk action:

hulk28nv.jpg

After reading LH and DV,I must say that his rendition of Batman is probably the most memorable and bold.

Carmine Falcone said:
Yeah, Spider-Man: Blue is a pretty good book. I love the way he draws The Green Goblin. And I'm not a Superman fan, but Superman For All Seasons is absolutely great, the art, coloring and writing are of such an incredible high quality. :up: And Lex Luthor is Badass, with a capital B.

train_800.jpg

FAS is an essential Supes read.

Yeah, it's the best Superman comic I've ever read!

wait...

it's the only one...:p
But it sure as hell is great.

Carmine Falcone said:
Yeah, it's the best Superman comic I've ever read!

wait...

it's the only one...:p
But it sure as hell is great.

Check out Red Son and Birthright as well.Trust me,I'm not big on Supes,but those are great reads.

Man, I hope DC does an animated TLH movie in Sale's style.

Did you hear about a New Frontier cartoon in the making!

He isn't one of my favourite artists, but i respect that he draws different to the normal artists and uses his own style.

WHAT!? The Long Halloween definitely has that epic scale to it. It feels like "The Godfather", meets "Se7en", spliced with "Batman." And "Dark Victory" is just as good. Two of the best comics i've ever read.
It feels like "The Godfather" because TLH has scenes taken directly from "The Godfather".

I love this picture.
Probably already posted but, who cares...^:
DetectiveComicsCVR779.jpg

batman_800.jpg

One of my favorite images from the whole series. Tim Sale is the man.

I LOVE TIM SALE's ART... he draws Spiderman like no one has ever seen! AMAZING....

however, when he draws Daredevil, it looks a lot like his version of Bruce Wayne WITH A MASK ON (in my opinion) AND HIS BATMAN IS THE DEFINITIVE MODERN BATMAN TO ME!

it beats the hell outta Jim Lee.... i hate his rendition ALTHOUGH some of the other artwork in the HUSH SAGA was killer....

his version of the man of steel looks like Pee Wee Herman on crack!

I dunno it looks INTERESTING (NOT BAD)... but no one draws BATMAN or Spidey better

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"