The Walking Dead The Walking Dead Season 4 Episode 14 "The Grove" Discussion Thread

tumblr_n2l25cHxVS1ru34cuo6_250.gif
tumblr_n2l25cHxVS1ru34cuo1_250.gif

tumblr_n2l25cHxVS1ru34cuo7_250.gif
tumblr_n2l25cHxVS1ru34cuo2_250.gif

tumblr_n2l25cHxVS1ru34cuo8_250.gif
tumblr_n2l25cHxVS1ru34cuo3_250.gif

tumblr_n2l25cHxVS1ru34cuo9_250.gif
tumblr_n2l25cHxVS1ru34cuo4_250.gif

tumblr_n2l25cHxVS1ru34cuo10_250.gif
tumblr_n2l25cHxVS1ru34cuo5_250.gif

When I saw Lizzie standing in the distance I said "No, damn it! You were supposed to wait for Carl before you did that!"

**** Carl. :o

Carl is nothing but Carol without the O. No point.

It was a good episode. Surprising in some ways but expected in others. I don't think anyone expected Lizzie to live very much longer. How they killed them was not how I was expecting it to happen. Especially bad for Carol having to "kill her daughter" all over again.

What I did find disturbing is the way some people are actually cheering on the deaths. Lizzie was indeed dangerous and an emerging psychopath, I'm still surprised to see people happy with it.

They are all indeed converging on Terminus though and I expect by the final episode of the season they'll all be there, but not without some major cliffhanger event of course.

Why wouldn't some be happy about it? Lizzzie is dangerous, and both Carol and Tyreese know it. Carol was afraid for Judith because of the chance of Lizzie killing her while they're sleeping. In fact, there is always the possibility of her killing Carol and Tyreese in their sleep. The girl is unstable and a sociopath. You can't treat it with medication, counseling, etc. Carol has tried time and time again to help Lizzie understand the concept of a zombie. It was only a matter of time until something bad happens. Tyreese was a little more willing to help Lizzie after the murder of Mika, but Carol knew it would be dangerous if Lizzie was kept around. Lizzie is a liability that puts others in danger. I don't believe it's "disturbing" that people are happy that Lizzie died.

She's still a child. Killing her shouldn't be something to cheer. The fact she was unredeemable and psychotic doesn't change that.

People are taking this way too serious it is a television show about fictional characters.

revelling or being disturbed by a character in a television shows death isn't something worth getting worked up over. It's not real.

It's not that anyone is getting worked up but the causualness of cheering a child's death is not something you would expect to hear people happy over.

Well finally something significant happened. This was damn powerful stuff. Probably the most gut wrenching moment in the series yet. You don't see children dying often, especially like that. But damn, Gimple, you should be writing this entire show if it were possible.

What a devastating, heart-rending episode: the best episode of a season that has been starting to falter. I've said it before, but for being such a wet blanket in the comics, Carol has emerged as one of the show's best characters, powerfully performed by Melissa McBride.

Just look at the flowers guys... :waa:

What a devastating, heart-rending episode: the best episode of a season that has been starting to falter. I've said it before, but for being such a wet blanket in the comics, Carol has emerged as one of the show's best characters, powerfully performed by Melissa McBride.

Melissa better get a damn Emmy nod for this performance. :argh:

Melissa better get a damn Emmy nod for this performance. :argh:

Oh yeah. I think she has a serious shot at Best Supporting Actress if the Emmy voters can overcome genre snobbery. And we know what episode she should submit...

The one where Rick exiles her? ;)

It's not that anyone is getting worked up but the causualness of cheering a child's death is not something you would expect to hear people happy over.

They think it makes them look badass.

It's like when people force out contrived chuckles during emotional scenes.

Why wouldn't some be happy about it? Lizzzie is dangerous, and both Carol and Tyreese know it. Carol was afraid for Judith because of the chance of Lizzie killing her while they're sleeping. In fact, there is always the possibility of her killing Carol and Tyreese in their sleep. The girl is unstable and a sociopath. You can't treat it with medication, counseling, etc. Carol has tried time and time again to help Lizzie understand the concept of a zombie. It was only a matter of time until something bad happens. Tyreese was a little more willing to help Lizzie after the murder of Mika, but Carol knew it would be dangerous if Lizzie was kept around. Lizzie is a liability that puts others in danger. I don't believe it's "disturbing" that people are happy that Lizzie died.

Because there was nothing to be happy about. Lizzie was dangerous, and she had to go, and I'm glad she's not there to hurt anyone anymore. But she wasn't a villain like The Governor. In the end, she was just a very sick little girl. And she had to be killed by someone who'd already lost a child, and was horrible to watch. It was just sad.

I don't find it disturbing that people are happy she's dead...it just seems to me they weren't paying attention to the tragedy of it all very well.

Hmmm...that raises the question then...Who is more dangerous the governor, whose actions you can predict cause you know he's a "bad guy," and he knows what he is doing, OR the little girl whose actions you can not predict, can not decipher between right or wrong, you have no clue what she will do and she sleeps right next to you???

I'm not necessarily happy she was killed, but I'm glad she is gone....if that makes any sense.

Dang I always knew that little girl had sociopathic tendencies but it blew my mind that she killed her sister that way. I thought Carol was right to kill her

Just like Billy and Ben...and Carl but replaced with Carol.

RabUDVI.jpg

hh4uOeq.jpg

I was half expecting Lizzie to ask "Are you scared of me?" once she started freaking out and crying.

That's not a child anymore. That's death. Death to those around her.

The show probably failed you if you were somehow glad about either of the girls' deaths. The episode was clearly attempting to sell the horror and overwhelming tragedy. It was a necessary decision but it wasn't meant to be a good thing whatsoever. But the tragedy is so extreme that it isn't very surprising that the show could fumble the execution of the plot in some way. I don't think they did a perfect job but there were things that made up for the shortcomings in the writing, particularly the two lead performances.

I wouldn't say the show failed in any regard with last night's episode.

Just like Billy and Ben...and Carl but replaced with Carol.

RabUDVI.jpg

hh4uOeq.jpg

Though from the looks of it, the comic version was much more vengeful. Carol's heart is breaking as she aims the gun at Lizzie while Carl looks like the Punisher.

Which I'm sure some folks here will consider a negative against the comic book's positive.

Why go for emotion when you can go for pulpy badassery? **** your feels! :o

Well it IS Carl we are talking about and he's shown to kill people (in the show) without a flinch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"