The Walking Dead The Walking Dead Season 4 Episode 14 "The Grove" Discussion Thread

Just an aside...they NEEDED this episode. Last week, The Walking Dead was beat in the ratings by Resurrection. I don't recall them losing in a head to head battle with anyone but Football ever since the show debuted. However, there is no question that The Walking Dead will be THE show everyone is talking about tomorrow. That might shake a few people who had changed over to come back.
It didn't get beat in the ratings. Viewership? Yeah, only by a million.

TWD had a 6.4 in the demo compared to Resurrection's 3.4. I'm sure AMC is happy because the demo is what matters.

It didn't get beat in the ratings. Viewership? Yeah, only by a million.

TWD had a 6.4 in the demo compared to Resurrection's 3.4. I'm sure AMC is happy because the demo is what matters.

Yeah, well...more people watched the other show.

I get that stations only care about one demo...and in fact the ratings reports usually ignore everything but that demo...but more people watched Resurrection.

I for one don't give a damn about ratings,I mean I wish the show luck so it continues but another show beating one show doesn't t mean anything to me

Why was there three graves and a baby shoe on the cross

The "baby grave" was already there before they even got there. The sisters were looking at it and talking about it in the beginning.

Lizzie had to go. You can't babysit a psychopath in the apocalypse especially when your also looking after a baby.

Sad to see Mika go but she wasn't cut out for this world.

Carol remains boss of bosses :woot:

tumblr_n2jq849g_Bg1r53hkno1_500.jpg

Can't blame more people watching Resurrection now after the snails pace of the last few episodes. Hopefully AMC learns their lesson for next season

Holy hell
holy hell

omg omfg

this was tough too watch...but in the end carol did the right thing

Lizzie had to go. You can't babysit a psychopath in the apocalypse especially when your also looking after a baby.

Sad to see Mika go but she wasn't cut out for this world.

Carol remains boss of bosses :woot:

tumblr_n2jq849g_Bg1r53hkno1_500.jpg

I have to disagree. I think Mika proved that she was cut out for this world, when she put the walker down. She was still a child but she "got it." Hard to let go of your innocence.

As for Lizzie...well she was just a lost caused she couldn't "get it." lizzie was more of a sociopath than a psychopath IMO. Actually, she was just a little to "special" for the walker world.

Like she said her mom use to tell her, "things happen for a reason." This was an indicator that her mom/family knew she was a bit "off" possibly a form of autism or some other mental handicap where she lacked social and moral judgement, common sense and other things. Calling her a Psychopath and sociopath (me saying that) is probably a bit harsh.

Definitely Of Mice and Men...

I have to disagree. I think Mika proved that she was cut out for this world, when she put the walker down. She was still a child but she "got it." Hard to let go of your innocence.

As for Lizzie...well she was just a lost caused she couldn't "get it." lizzie was more of a sociopath than a psychopath IMO. Actually, she was just a little to "special" for the walker world.

Like she said her mom use to tell her, "things happen for a reason." This was an indicator that her mom/family knew she was a bit "off" possibly a form of autism or some other mental handicap where she lacked social and moral judgement, common sense and other things. Calling her a Psychopath and sociopath (me saying that) is probably a bit harsh.

Definitely Of Mice and Men...

But her stance on not ever being ok to kill a live person would be hers or someone elses downfall. She didn't seem iffy on it when Carol talked to her. She was ok with sticking to not killing live people even if they were attacking/trying to kill you, like it was back at the prison. That kind of thinking is no good for the walking dead world.

That look on her face is creepy. I have a feeling she'll be typecast in playing characters with a few loose screws. In fact if I ever see her anything again all I'll be seeing is Lizzie.

I was thinking the same thing. She has the face for horror and action films. That photo on the left reminds me of the head people under the stairs guy for some reason.

JHyQQKo.jpg

QswGRZT.jpg

Shame they remade Carrie this year, she could be awesome in it. She's a cute little girl and a fine actress. I'm sure Hollywood has taken notice.

But her stance on not ever being ok to kill a live person would be hers or someone elses downfall. She didn't seem iffy on it when Carol talked to her. She was ok with sticking to not killing live people even if they were attacking/trying to kill you, like it was back at the prison. That kind of thinking is no good for the walking dead world.

I agree it's not good for the walking dead world, but given some time she may have changed her outlook. She was just a child. Most kids her age would have had trouble killing walkers but she did what she had to do. Can't ask a kid to just throw away their innocence and start killing things...living things for that matter even given the situation.

Not everyone is built like Carl and can go around killing everything moving with no remorse. I think Mika would've done what she had to do when the time came. There is no doubt in my mind.

Lizzie on the other hand...yeah her pen was out of ink.

Shame they remade Carrie this year, she could be awesome in it. She's a cute little girl and a fine actress. I'm sure Hollywood has taken notice.

She also in True Detective and Friday Night Lights which are hit shows so casting directors are probably already a fan of her work.

Whoa! Just...just... whoa!!!

Possibly the single most powerful episode of the entire series!!

Last night's episode was absolutely fantastic. :up: We kinda knew already that Lizzie was messed but I was still so shocked to see her kill Mika like that. And when she apologized to Carol not for killing her sister but for pointing the gun at her? Damn. It didn't serve her well but I liked Mika's stance to not kill living things. At least she had zero hesitation to kill walkers. Also, the things she was saying are wiser than what some adults could even think of. Tyrese is too awesome.

This was such a step-up from the Daryl/Beth adventures that we got in the last 2. :funny:

The main question is should we be worried about Tyreese now that his shields are gone

Last edited:
These bastards made me cry during that episode last night... :argh:

I had a feeling they were doing the Ben/Billy storyline from the comics with these two (Lizzie even said Ben's exact lines when they found her with Mika). But it was no less brutal to see, and even worse to watch Carol, having already lost a daughter, have to do what she did. Just awful. :csad:

It definitely reminded me of the ending of Of Mice and Men.

He chooses to wear Judith, white girl armor.

LMAO....I can just see the commercial now... "How does a black man surive the zombie apocalypse?!?! White Girl Armor....when no other protection will do!"

hP8wWs3.jpg

It was a good episode. Surprising in some ways but expected in others. I don't think anyone expected Lizzie to live very much longer. How they killed them was not how I was expecting it to happen. Especially bad for Carol having to "kill her daughter" all over again.

What I did find disturbing is the way some people are actually cheering on the deaths. Lizzie was indeed dangerous and an emerging psychopath, I'm still surprised to see people happy with it.

They are all indeed converging on Terminus though and I expect by the final episode of the season they'll all be there, but not without some major cliffhanger event of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"