The "World's Finest" DC RPG Sign Up/OOC Thread

Yep. But it doesn't matter, because your ass is sticking with Nightwing. :cmad:

Oh, totally. I ain't ever giving up Dick.

Don't.

I won't pick at you for your love of Dick. I think we've all come to a point in our lives where we've realized we love Dick. I remember when it happened to me. I don't think I'd want to live in a world without Dick.

You've gotta be careful not to have too much Dick.

Sometimes, I've had it up to here with Dick.

What?!

There's no such thing as too much Dick!

Just beware of Hairy Dick. A mulletted Dick is not as cool as a nicely trimmed Dick.

Just ask those two thugs from the sample post in my application. They got so much Dick they won't be walking right for weeks.

Just ask those two thugs from the sample post in my application. They got so much Dick they won't be walking right for weeks.

That's what happens when you make Dick angry.

Let this be a lesson. Always be nice to Dick, and good things will happen.

Out of curiosity, having the DCnU be the jumping off point, does that mean the convoluted mess that the Green Lantern continuity has become will be in effect?

As much as I love Kyle, that's one case where I'd be ok taking the Corps back to the pre-Reign of the Supermen status.

Or at least pre-Parallax status.

I honestly feel like the Corps are actually less convoluted since Johns made his adjustments to continuity. Before that, it was a complete mess, and the 90's switchup period between Kyle, Hal, Emerald Twilight certainly didn't help at all. But I guess that's just me.

A bit of uncertainty in the DCnU is if Simone's latest Secret Six series is in cannon or not anymore. The only thing we have seen thus far that makes it look like it is not in cannon is that in the new Suicide Squad Deadshot says that he's "never been on a team before". Course that also means that Ostrander's previous Suicide Squad runs would not be in cannon either.

I'm just trying to figure out on what we will do with this.

Well, it doesn't really matter because I don't think anyone is even going to use Deadshot or any of the SS members, nobody ever really did in the last RPG.

So, don't sweat it.

I honestly feel like the Corps are actually less convoluted since Johns made his adjustments to continuity. Before that, it was a complete mess, and the 90's switchup period between Kyle, Hal, Emerald Twilight certainly didn't help at all. But I guess that's just me.

It's just you.

I admit, I didn't read much of Kyle's series or of the Jordan first run either. I might have caught a hand full of each one since I didn't have the finances back then to get a subscription and comics were hard to find around I lived. As for John's changes\additions, I rather like them. MOST make sense but as with any writer, there can get to a point where they simply add too much to a mythos. Once I get Stewart's app done, I'm going to stay with what has been established including the two planet destructions which one was Mogo.

Would it be a bother than if I give Glass' new Suicide Squad in the New 52 "the finger" at least in respect to Deadshot's comment and make the previous Suicide Squad and Secret Six still cannon then?

Well, it doesn't really matter because I don't think anyone is even going to use Deadshot or any of the SS members, nobody ever really did in the last RPG.

So, don't sweat it.
*cough*

Would it be a bother than if I give Glass' new Suicide Squad in the New 52 "the finger" at least in respect to Deadshot's comment and make the previous Suicide Squad and Secret Six still cannon then?
Who did you want to play?

The best approach would be to do what I do as a reader: make a list of the crappy titles that we just pretend don't exist, while enjoying the good ones.

Who did you want to play?

Moreso, Secret Six being in cannon affects "where my character is" in terms of their life.

I will PM you, Harl.

Suckers. I'm looking at YOU, byrd.

Though I doubt that my choice will affect you much in regards to what could have sparked some curiosity since you were a fan of such characters as Suicide Squad and Secret Six.

I'm happy with pretending Suicide SquadINO is an Elseworlds, and restoring Secret Six to canon. Both in the RPG and in the comics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"