Xbox The Xbox One - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enough for what? The PS4 will (deservedly) be the big winner this gen whatever happens going forward, too much momentum already and people making the jump to join their friends etc. I'd just be interested to know if all that talk about performance when it was less of a difference will still be applicable now that it's more significant but the other way round.

enough to overtake the PS4 and win this gen.

although, as you pointed it, I think that might already be a lost cause for MS and that may not even be their focus anymore.

anyways, watched some "hands on" vids of the X and I must say I really like the design. I thought the S was one of the better looking console designs and the X carries that design theme. Also really glad they kept the Red, Blue, Yellow, Green button color scheme on the controller.

I'm also impressed that they managed to pack so much power into an even more compact design. Figured they would have gone the opposite direction and made it bigger than the S.

though I am a bit confused as to the benefits the X will offer existing X1 games. So, it will enhance the graphics and performance of all existing X1 games? But then I see some games will be "X enhanced?"

If it can improve the graphics/performance of all existing X1 games, without needing them to be "patched," that would be great.

It would also be sublime if the extra horsepower in the X solved the slow/cumbersome download/install process on the X1. With all that extra power, downloads/installs should be lightning fast.

That's something that could actually get me interested in the X if they confirm definitively that download/install speeds will dramatically improve with the X.

Last edited:
enough to overtake the PS4 and win this gen.

although, as you pointed it, I think that might already be a lost cause for MS and that may not even be their focus anymore.

anyways, watched some "hands on" vids of the X and I must say I really like the design. I thought the S was one of the better looking console designs and the X carries that design theme. Also really glad they kept the Red, Blue, Yellow, Green button color scheme on the controller.

I'm also impressed that they managed to pack so much power into an even more compact design. Figured they would have gone the opposite direction and made it bigger than the S.

though I am a bit confused as to the benefits the X will offer existing X1 games. So, it will enhance the graphics and performance of all existing X1 games? But then I see some games will be "X enhanced?"

If it can improve the graphics/performance of all existing X1 games, without needing them to be "patched," that would be great.
For me the console itself is pretty much perfect. The Xbox ecosystem is actually getting relatively weaker in major exclusives though if that was even possible.

Yes it will improve all X1 games but the ones that are specifically patched will see major improvements (and they will likely be extending these patches as a priority once the console has been out for a while). All the instances where the original X1 struggled due to its specs being only on the border of what was needed will disappear.

I think the intention behind this console is just to start repairing the reputation of the Xbox brand and I don't think anyone is thinking this will give them even a chance of actually catching PS4. If the reputation can be repaired before the next console launch they can be in position to fight once again, in the same way that Sony pretty much fully repaired the PS' reputation over the course of the PS3's lifetime.

For me the console itself is pretty much perfect. The Xbox ecosystem is actually getting relatively weaker in major exclusives though if that was even possible.

Yes it will improve all X1 games but the ones that are specifically patched will see major improvements (and they will likely be extending these patches as a priority once the console has been out for a while). All the instances where the original X1 struggled due to its specs being only on the border of what was needed will disappear.

I think the intention behind this console is just to start repairing the reputation of the Xbox brand and I don't think anyone is thinking this will give them even a chance of actually catching PS4. If the reputation can be repaired before the next console launch they can be in position to fight once again, in the same way that Sony pretty much fully repaired the PS' reputation over the course of the PS3's lifetime.

true. good points.

yeah, I also wish they had more killer exclusives.

also, did they ever add mouse support to the X1?

like, can you hook up a USB keyboard and mouse to the X1 and navigate through the browser, for example?

Last edited:
true. good points.

yeah, I also wish they had more killer exclusives.

also, did they ever add mouse support to the X1?

like, can you hook up a USB keyboard and mouse to the X1 and navigate through the browser, for example?
both pcgamer and pacgames N the latter one of which at time even covers console news at times mention they have gotten to that yet and are wondering when if ever.

both pcgamer and pacgames N the latter one of which at time even covers console news at times mention they have gotten to that yet and are wondering when if ever.

thanks.

ok got a Microsoft Rep explaining to vic on video why MS has so little exclusive this year. it's the last segment inthe video below. prior to that he also got details on if mo9nter hunter world will come west for the switch since japan is indeed getting and the rep for Nintendo explains that as well. (Don't assume please see their explanations your questions will be answered ) all details are in the video below.

hqdefault.jpg
[FONT=Roboto !important]05:52
[/FONT]

[YT]4AAyeHKgNYA[/YT]

E3 2017 Day 4 - The Rundown - Electric Playground[FONT=Roboto !important]
Published 06/15/2017
[FONT=Roboto !important]
It's our last day at E3 2017! Today in the Rundown, we have some disappointing news for Switch owners that want to play Monster Hunter: World, but also some good news for [/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto !important][FONT=&quot]those still wanting to own a Switch, the next console Pikmin game is further than expected, and finally, we find out what happened to all the Xbox One exclusives!

[/FONT]
[/FONT]

source: EPN.tv
photo.jpg

Will the 4K blu-ray player in the X be any better than the one in the S?

[FONT=Roboto !important]
hqdefault.jpg
01:42

[YT]niy0nxT4r24[/YT]
[/FONT]
4K Gaming Monitors? - Fan Question of the Day - Electric Playground[FONT=Roboto !important]

Published on 06/20/2017

[FONT=Roboto !important]What kind of 4K television should you get as we enter the brave new world of 4K gaming? Victor has some thoughts in the latest Fan Question of the Day!

[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto !important]source: EPN.tv
photo.jpg
[/FONT]

Dragon Age: Origins on GwG for anyone who hasn't tried it yet.

The fact that older game developers and older titles choose NOT to be backwards compatible for the XBOX1X because of licensing issues is backwards-minded and utterly stupid.

Like the presenter said, this not only opens up a whole library of titles, but allows gamers to visualize how games were made in the past and learn from it ultimately.

Great job Microsoft, I just wish you guys had this available on the premiere of the XBOX1!

The fact that older game developers and older titles choose NOT to be backwards compatible for the XBOX1X because of licensing issues is backwards-minded and utterly stupid.

Like the presenter said, this not only opens up a whole library of titles, but allows gamers to visualize how games were made in the past and learn from it ultimately.

Great job Microsoft, I just wish you guys had this available on the premiere of the XBOX1!

Huh?

so, what original Xbox games would you like to see added to BC?

the 1st ones I can think of are the KOTOR games and Ultimate Spider-Man.

I wanna see some of the early Forza games on BC... but I know that this is nigh impossible with all the various licensing issues that will spring up.

hqdefault.jpg

[YT]yt6T__P8Gq4[/YT]
Xbox One X Price? - Fan Question of the Day - Electric Playground[FONT=Roboto !important]

• 1,394 views2 days ago
[FONT=Roboto !important]Published on 07/08/2017[/FONT][FONT=Roboto !important]
Microsoft's new Xbox One X starts at $500 in the US and $600 in Canada. Will there be more expensive options? That's the topic of the latest EP Fan Question of the Day!
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

source: EPN.tv
photo.jpg

hey, I have a question for those of you who still have a 360 and an X1.

I know on the X1, you saves are automatically saved to the cloud and tied to your Live account.

but, is that the case on the 360?

I ask because let's say I'm playing a 360 game on a 360 that's also BC with the X1. For example, Dragon Age Origins.

So, I've got all my saves on the 360. Then, down the road, I get an X1 and want to play the game on the X1 but continue my saves and progress where I left off.

Is that possible?

If you save to the cloud on your 360. An option will come up that asks you if you wanna save on the cloud or on your HDD. But if you already played the game on your 360 and saved on your HDD, and then you start it on your X1, your saves wont be there unless you selected from the beginning.

But yes, you can carry saves over, as long as you select Cloud saving on your 360.

If you save to the cloud on your 360. An option will come up that asks you if you wanna save on the cloud or on your HDD. But if you already played the game on your 360 and saved on your HDD, and then you start it on your X1, your saves wont be there unless you selected from the beginning.

But yes, you can carry saves over, as long as you select Cloud saving on your 360.

thanks!! that's good to know.

now, when you select Cloud saving on the 360, does that save to both the Cloud AND the HDD or is it either or.

Yes would love SF X Tekken to make it.

Also, I noticed that the July X1 update ( releasing today ) adds CUSTOM GAMER PICS!!

Get the **** out of town!!!

https://news.xbox.com/2017/07/13/cu...streaming-arena-updates-roll-xbox-fans-today/

how come you Xboxers get all the COOL features and us Playstationers just seem to get......stability updates. :(

it's little details and features like this that attract me to the Xbox brand. and as such, my hype for the Xbox X in November has risen a notch.

Haven't thought about it much but only 4 months ago!

^ but it's a long 4 months. :o

kind of wished it released in August or September instead. :(

Would you get it if it did?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"