Xbox The Xbox One - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you get it if it did?

yes. most likely. If the price were $400, most definitely.

I would try to do something about the price, though. like trade stuff in or use reward certificates or something.

But I miss having an X1 and missing out on its features and multi-function capabilities.

Plus, there were some multi-plat games, like Dragon Age Inquisition and Diablo III, where my progress and saves are much further along than where I am on the PS4 versions. And I kind of don't want to start all over or replay those games to get caught back up.....lol.

Also, I am more convinced now that the networking problems I had with the S model last fall was more due to my **** router than the console itself.

That doesn't discount the non networking issues I had with prior X1s, but in hindsight, my ill fated dance with the prior X1s worked out for the best because a much more powerful model is on the horizon. And the specs of the X blow the specs of the S and original X1 out of the water no question.

Last edited:
Yes it looks like it will work out for the best as you'll get the best system of the lot.

^ hopefully......lol.

One area where I do hope the extra power of the X is put to good use is the install/download process.

that needs to be sped up and made more efficient and with the X's extra specs and power, that should be addressed.

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

NEWS
Rumor: Next Xbox is already being designed Today at 10:47 am

While we patiently await the release of the beefed up Xbox One X, Microsoft is already tinkering away on a...Read more

[/FONT]

Also with

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

NEWS
Xbox One Update Brings Custom Gamerpics, Console Co-streaming, Arena Updates and More Today at 11:41 am

Microsoft has been talking about bringing custom Gamerpics, as well as a slew of other new features, to the...
Read more

[/FONT]

Lastly

Xbox One
, PC
[FONT=&quot]Microsoft announces Gamescom 2017 plans[/FONT]

Published 9 hours ago. 2 comments.
Live show featuring news and announcements set for August 20.

Xbox-Gamescom-2017_07-13-17.jpg

Microsoft has announced its plans for Gamescom 2017, which runs from August 22 to 26 at the Koelnmesse in Cologne, Germany.
In addition to a lineup of 27 playable games across Xbox One and Windows 10 PC at its booth, including Forza Motorsport 7, Age of Empires Definitive Edition, and Sea of Thieves, Microsoft is planning a number of events throughout the week.

Here’s the full schedule:

Xbox @ Gamescom Live
Tune in on Sunday, August 20, at 9:00pm CEST, 12:00pm PDT to a special Xbox @ Gamescom live show to get latest news and announcements on Xbox One X.
The show will be hosted by Graeme Boyd (aka @AceyBongos) and Xbox Germany’s Maxi Graeff (@GMaxee). They’ll have news to share, games to show off, will sit down to talk with developers from fan favorite studios and play some of the year’s hottest games yet to be released. There will even be a few surprises and giveaways along the way, so be sure to tune in on mixer.com or watch via the mixer app.

Age of Empires @ Gamescom Live
On Monday, August 21, starting at 9:00pm CEST, 12:00pm PDT, Microsoft will celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Age of Empires franchise with a special livestream event in Cologne, alongside some of our biggest fans. The livestream will celebrate the rich history of the beloved PC game series, as well as give fans a first-look at Age of Empires: Definitive Edition, the beautifully remastered edition of this bona fide classic we announced at E3 last month. We’ll be talking all things Age of Empires with some of the legendary developers who worked on the games as well as sharing some exciting news that fans will not want to miss – watch on mixer.com or through the mixer app.

We’ll share more details on how you can attend in person very soon.
Xbox FanFest @ Gamescom

We will again be hosting an Xbox FanFest experience for our fans who are attending Gamescom 2017. FanFest will begin on Tuesday, August 22. We will be sharing more details on our plans soon and look forward to seeing you there!

Xbox Booth @ Gamescom
When Gamescom officially opens at the Koelnmesse on Tuesday, August 22, gamers in Germany will be able to get hands on Xbox One X for the first time at the Xbox booth. We’re back in Hall 8 of the Koelnmesse, North entrance, this year and you won’t want to miss the opportunity to play a wide collection of the games coming to Xbox over the next 12 months. See below for the show opening times:

• Tuesday, August 22 – 9:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. CEST (press/trade only day)
  • Wednesday, August 23 – 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. CEST
  • Thursday, August 24 – 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. CEST
  • Friday, August 25 – 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. CEST
  • Saturday, August 26 – 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. CEST

[FONT=&quot]source: http://www.gamezone.com/& [/FONT]Gematsu

^ hopefully......lol.

One area where I do hope the extra power of the X is put to good use is the install/download process.

that needs to be sped up and made more efficient and with the X's extra specs and power, that should be addressed.
Hopefully yeah.

And re the above I'm sure the console developers always have their eye on the next console. They probably already have an idea about what's coming next.

Yeah, I'm not surprised they are working on the next console.

as long as they give the X at least a good 2-3 years to "breathe."

but I think the traditional console generational cycle as we knew it is done, especially on MS' part.

Suits me. I would love to have permanent future BC among consoles and you upgrade at your leisure to whatever level you want. I can't see how in this age of tech moving at 1,000 miles an hour you can game on things that are based on 8 year old equipment!

I do like how MS is more focused on BC than Sony is at the moment.

so, as long as future consoles ( iterative or next gen ) stay BC will all prior gens, then I'm fine with that.

It would be nice, though, if 360 ( and original Xbox ) BC applied to ALL 360/Xbox games.

I'm almost tempted to pick up a used 360 to play those 360 games not on the X1 BC list. I've seen some S or E model 360s at my local stores for $100 or less.

I've also considered picking up the original Xbox if I can find one, since I never owned that console and there are Xbox games that are not BC with the 360......lol.

but, if the X1 was BC with ALL 360 and original Xbox games, then I wouldn't have to buy those other consoles.....hah.

I would much prefer universal BC. I only want to own one system for any one developer. If they all did it I'd always have their most modern machine and trade in the old ones.

^ yep. I agree.

and if they keep supporting external drives, then all you'd have to do is hook up your external drive to the new machine and voila!! everything's there and good to go.

that's how it should be.

^ yep. I agree.

and if they keep supporting external drives, then all you'd have to do is hook up your external drive to the new machine and voila!! everything's there and good to go.

that's how it should be.

Exactly. That's why I went with 8TB. Would be great if you get your new console and then just plug in your drive and you have a few hundred old games to play alongside any new next gens ones you've got with the console.

anyways, I've been playing around with the Custom Gamer Pic option on my PC's Xbox app.

and it may sound like a very small detail or feature, but something like that goes a LONG WAY towards making the app, the experience more personal and catered to your liking.

Now, I can use the same account pic across all of my MS devices/services. makes it more uniform and personal.

anyways, I've been playing around with the Custom Gamer Pic option on my PC's Xbox app.

and it may sound like a very small detail or feature, but something like that goes a LONG WAY towards making the app, the experience more personal and catered to your liking.

Now, I can use the same account pic across all of my MS devices/services. makes it more uniform and personal.

Yeah, it's an underrated feature.

Exactly. That's why I went with 8TB. Would be great if you get your new console and then just plug in your drive and you have a few hundred old games to play alongside any new next gens ones you've got with the console.

exactly.

and what's not saved on the external, you can just use the game disc, assuming it's BC.

and the same controllers/accessories will continue to work.

so really it's plug and play and a seamless transition.

Your games and gaming experiences can live on across the consoles. that's how it should be.

Like, I'm at the point right now where nostalgia has hit and I do have a desire to revisit games on older consoles like PS1 and PS2. If the PS4 were fully BC with all prior PS gens, then I'd simply have to find and buy the game discs of those old games ( or else I would have kept them instead of selling/trading them whenever I upgraded to the newer console ). But no, the PS4 has 0 physical disc BC and the newer/common PS3 models are only BC with PS1. So, I'd have to hunt down an original PS3 model that's BC with both PS2 and PS1 or else I'd have to get a PS3 for PS3 and PS1 games and a PS2 for PS2 games. Nevermind trying to track down all those old games.

You can see how that can add up ( both in terms of cost, time, and space ).

so, it would be nice if true universal BC across consoles becomes a reality.

Last edited:
exactly.

and what's not saved on the external, you can just use the game disc, assuming it's BC.

and the same controllers/accessories will continue to work.

so really it's plug and play and a seamless transition.

Your games and gaming experiences can live on across the consoles. that's how it should be.

Like, I'm at the point right now where nostalgia has hit and I do have a desire to revisit games on older consoles like PS1 and PS2. If the PS4 were fully BC with all prior PS gens, then I'd simply have to find and buy the game discs of those old games ( or else I would have kept them instead of selling/trading them whenever I upgraded to the newer console ). But no, the PS4 has 0 physical disc BC and the newer/common PS3 models are only BC with PS1. So, I'd have to hunt down an original PS3 model that's BC with both PS2 and PS1 or else I'd have to get a PS3 for PS3 and PS1 games and a PS2 for PS2 games. Nevermind trying to track down all those old games.

You can see how that can add up ( both in terms of cost, time, and space ).

so, it would be nice if true universal BC across consoles becomes a reality.

I'd be ok without disc compatibility and being able to buy any game digitally once to keep on all future versions of that console series.

I'd be ok without disc compatibility and being able to buy any game digitally once to keep on all future versions of that console series.

I'd still prefer physical compatibility. nothing like actually owning the physical disc.

I'd still prefer physical compatibility. nothing like actually owning the physical disc.
I ran out of space and don't buy physical any more. :csad:

Last edited:
Having a shelf of boxes is much better to look at that a tiny external hard drive next to the console... That being said, as someone with mobility issues, not having to get up every time I switch games would be nice...

well, we know what console they play in the Kent household......lol.

in the latest Superman #27, Clark, Lois, and Jon decide it's time for a well deserved family vacation and Lois rents an RV for a cross country, American history themed road trip.

Jon wants to bring the tv and his XBOX, but naturally his parents shoot that idea down.

now, it's not clear whether that's an X1, X1 S, Xbox 360, or original Xbox, or if the Kents got lucky with an X1 X prototype, but I'm sure the fine reporters at the Daily Planet will look into that. :o

not much, but just thought it was a nice shoutout. :woot:

and at least the Xbox brand is getting love somewhere. :cwink:

Last edited:
Haha, pretty cool.

so, I know the X1 S upconverts Blu-Rays to 4K.

but does it also upconvert standard DVDs to 4K?

was reading more about Forza M 7, and just saw that the download size is 100 GB!!

do we know if that 100 GB size is just for the Xbox One X with all the 4K assets? meaning it will be smaller for the X1 S, since only the X downloads the 4K assets?

cuz if that's a sign of how large 4K assets are to download for the X, then that might be a dealbreaker for me.

not only would it require getting a larger external drive sooner than expected, but more relevant to my situation, those huge install files would take a LONG time to download on my so-so internet connection.......lol.

It's for the X1X. All games will be around 100gigs on that thing. If you just have a regular X1, I think it'll be around 45-50, like normal.

4K anything is a much bigger file than the HD equivalent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"