Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - - - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed mention of a third trailer in the previous thread. Has there ever been a third trailer?

I also think Thor is talking about Loki. I am starting to think that Thanos might be involved here. Not as an on screen presence, but perhaps the force behind releasing Malekith, who in turn is attempting to release Surtur.

I don't know about Thanos, but I think Surtur is going to be a big part of this movie actually, without even appearing on screen. Even if we don't see him, I'd bet that he'll be name dropped multiple times, then a possible credit scene.

Eh?

I'm saying, from what I've seen, Loki seem to be "the only one". He is the one who truly knows about the darkness. I'm not saying he is the villain they are talking about that is known to only one.

Once again, I'm fine with how he looks. But the only resemblance I see is his stature.

Look at Odin's narration though. Odin is wise, Loki may have experienced the darkness. But Odin KNOWS that before the universe, there was darkness, how?

What if Surtur is trapped? Odin was the one who trapped him. Given the two characters history in the comics, if Surtur is indeed trapped, it wouldn't be far fetched to guess, and well, flat out assume Odin is the one who trapped him. Perhaps long ago, maybe that's what the dark elves and asgardians previous fallout was about.

If Odin trapped Surtur somehow, then he would most definitely be the only one to know about it.

Malekith being the big bad of the movie, I almost see him essentially worshiping Surtur, or perhaps the dark elves worship him as the god he is, Malekith is a follower of his?

Total lie.

If you knew Thor's comic book history it wouldn't register that a huge man with horns arranged out of the side of his head curving towards hits mouth hanging out with Malekith wasn't Kurse?

Riiiiiight.

It's one freaken picture of Kurse. And it's dark. And grainy. And you can't really make much out because blowing the screenshot up too much will distort the image. I'm sure Kurse will look just fine and everyone can be happy he's in the movie and he looks the way he's "supposed" to.

That article was actually very good news for Marvel fans. Feige and his team have planned everything out for the next eight years, meaning they know precisely where they want to take the MCU and which characters they're going to use. That's far better than doing things haphazardly with no planning at all. In light of what Bob Iger said about Disney's plans to allow Marvel to expand and create more "tentpole" films, I'd say that the next few years are going to see some great developments. With Disney's live action unit having released a couple of major bombs in the last two years while Marvel has churned out billion-dollar hits, perhaps the company will see the wisdom of giving Marvel more resources while maintaining its hands-off management approach.

Now I get it; it's worrying for dc/wb.

That article was actually very good news for Marvel fans. Feige and his team have planned everything out for the next eight years, meaning they know precisely where they want to take the MCU and which characters they're going to use. That's far better than doing things haphazardly with no planning at all. In light of what Bob Iger said about Disney's plans to allow Marvel to expand and create more "tentpole" films, I'd say that the next few years are going to see some great developments. With Disney's live action unit having released a couple of major bombs in the last two years while Marvel has churned out billion-dollar hits, perhaps the company will see the wisdom of giving Marvel more resources while maintaining its hands-off management approach.

Ohhhhmergerd dis moveez is doom'd!

jFP8QNO.jpg

:funny: That bout sums it up. Too funny.

Total lie.

If you knew Thor's comic book history it wouldn't register that a huge man with horns arranged out of the side of his head curving towards hits mouth hanging out with Malekith wasn't Kurse?

Riiiiiight.

If he is hanging out with Maleketh sure. But then that's giving context to the character. Without context though I wouldn't really know.

I mean if you made him hang out with the Enchantress, I'd guess he was the Executioner rather than Kurse.

It's one freaken picture of Kurse. And it's dark. And grainy. And you can't really make much out because blowing the screenshot up too much will distort the image. I'm sure Kurse will look just fine and everyone can be happy he's in the movie and he looks the way he's "supposed" to.

It doesn't look grainy. Someone posted a hi-res shot of it blown up. You can see that kept the essence of the character without a 100% literal translation.

That is slightly worrying.

I thought it was interesting, but didn't really tell us anything we didn't know beyond his plan that carries into 2021, which is great.

Although, did you enjoy his discussion on how Disney lets them do their own thing? I thought you might.

Last edited:
I don't know about Thanos, but I think Surtur is going to be a big part of this movie actually, without even appearing on screen. Even if we don't see him, I'd bet that he'll be name dropped multiple times, then a possible credit scene.

Look at Odin's narration though. Odin is wise, Loki may have experienced the darkness. But Odin KNOWS that before the universe, there was darkness, how?

What if Surtur is trapped? Odin was the one who trapped him. Given the two characters history in the comics, if Surtur is indeed trapped, it wouldn't be far fetched to guess, and well, flat out assume Odin is the one who trapped him. Perhaps long ago, maybe that's what the dark elves and asgardians previous fallout was about.

If Odin trapped Surtur somehow, then he would most definitely be the only one to know about it.

Malekith being the big bad of the movie, I almost see him essentially worshiping Surtur, or perhaps the dark elves worship him as the god he is, Malekith is a follower of his?
DOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!

This film really has a Walt Simonson feel. That is a very good thing imo. Wonder if we will see that Mjolnir always comes back.:woot:

If he is hanging out with Maleketh sure. But then that's giving context to the character. Without context though I wouldn't really know.

I mean if you made him hang out with the Enchantress, I'd guess he was the Executioner rather than Kurse.

More lies.

Ya, the huge guy with amour weird bones coming out of his head/mask and hanging out with Malekith would not trigger a "Hmmm that's probably Kurse" .... please name me another character in Thor's comic history who fit's that profile.

If you showed me that image of Kurse and did not tell me who it was, I wouldn't know who he is. That doesn't mean the design is bad, it just isn't immediately identifiable as Kurse.

I disagree. I'll repeat what I said earlier, if I didn't follow the MCU, and didn't know the Villains, I would see that part of the trailer, rewind it, and pause, look at him and say, son of a *****, that's Kurse.

And I'll repeat what I posted just before Thread Manager dropped tha bass:

That would make sense if they were talking about Loki, and him being the only one with experience with this person/entity could very well refer to: Thanos and/or The Other. As far as we know, Loki is the only one who's had any experience with the Mad Titan.

But we don't know if Thor was even referring to Thanos.

Why would Malekith talk about Thanos? The immediate threat is Malekith, possibly Thanos is the one pulling his strings. How would Heimdal, and Thor know this enemy is Thanos? I think Malekith's plans are to release Surtur, and he probably makes that clear. This enemy, Surtur, the one who is going to bring back the darkness, or whatever, would be THE threat.

It's gotta be Odin, knowing about Surtur. There is no reason for Heimdal and Thor to be talking about Thanos. Unless he shows up in the movie. Which I doubt he will, this movie probably won't be Thanos heavy.

I thought it was interesting, but didn't really tell us anything we didn't know beyond his plan that carries into 2021, which is great.

Although, did you enjoy his discussion on how Disney let's them do their own thing? I thought you might.

That's what I liked the most about the article.

Well, if they are referring to Surtur there rather than the Dark Elves; then, yes, it is definitely referring to Odin.

Well the reason why I say around that much is because Feige is known to have gone on the record on how the scale of Thor: TDW is practically the biggest for the solo films and not far from the scale shown in “The Avengers”
I am watching District 9 right now. Maybe that made TDW for $30m. :wow:

More lies.

Ya, the huge guy with amour and weird bones coming out of his head/mask and hanging out with Malekith would not trigger a "Hmmm that's probably Kurse" .... please name me another character in Thor's comic history who fit's that profile.

Once again you fail to read my post.

"If he is hanging out with Maleketh sure. But then that's giving context to the character. Without context though I wouldn't really know."

I disagree. I'll repeat what I said earlier, if I didn't follow the MCU, and didn't know the Villains, I would see that part of the trailer, rewind it, and pause, look at him and say, son of a *****, that's Kurse.
Which is fine, but for me not really.

But we don't know if Thor was even referring to Thanos.

Why would Malekith talk about Thanos? The immediate threat is Malekith, possibly Thanos is the one pulling his strings. How would Heimdal, and Thor know this enemy is Thanos? I think Malekith's plans are to release Surtur, and he probably makes that clear. This enemy, Surtur, the one who is going to bring back the darkness, or whatever, would be THE threat.

It's gotta be Odin, knowing about Surtur. There is no reason for Heimdal and Thor to be talking about Thanos. Unless he shows up in the movie. Which I doubt he will, this movie probably won't be Thanos heavy.
Someone has to release Malekith.

It doesn't look grainy. Someone posted a hi-res shot of it blown up. You can see that kept the essence of the character without a 100% literal translation.

I'll post it again for reference
fePCCkP.jpg

Yes he differs, but as you said, and as I have been trying to say (but worded poorly) the essence of the character is there. I mean, hell the shoulders arms, and chest, the torso LOOKS like his torso, that whole football shoulder pad thing he's had going on

I thought the Kronan looked like an imposing bruiser who could kick major ass on the battlefield. Far, far more ass than a comparatively tinier Kurse. Look how long the Kronan lasted. :oldrazz:

What has their relative sizes got to do with how imposing and powerful they are? Thor himself is also much smaller than the Kronan, yet he was able to reduce it to rubble with one blow, as you noted. One would assume that Kurse is similarly more powerful than the Kronan. Or is size everything now?

Once again you fail to read my post.

"If he is hanging out with Maleketh sure. But then that's giving context to the character. Without context though I wouldn't really know."

Quit separating the comments.

A guy hanging out with Malekith who fits the physical description of Kurse based on size, armor, and horns.

If you knew anything of Thor's history you'd put 2 and 2 together. Instead you're just carrying on in stubborn fashion trying to play oblivious. Next you'll probably tell me you wouldn't know that was Malekith out there because he's not rocking a heavy metal haircut.

Well, if they are referring to Surtur there rather than the Dark Elves; then, yes, it is definitely referring to Odin.

They AREN'T referring to the Dark Elves. Because it's been said ( in the synopsis I believe) the Asgardians have had a fallout with the Dark Elves in the past. Which means they would be known about.

The enemy Thor and Heimdal are speaking of MUST be either the leader, Malekith, or Surtur, assuming he is trying to release him.

I'll post it again for reference
fePCCkP.jpg

Yes he differs, but as you said, and as I have been trying to say (but worded poorly) the essence of the character is there. I mean, hell the shoulders arms, and chest, the torso LOOKS like his torso, that whole football shoulder pad thing he's had going on

Ohhhhhhmerrrgerrrd, dat pik iz so graneeez. This movee iz doooom!

Depends what we are talking about. Since he was referring to bullets bouncing off of Loki I was referring to the force that is caused by a bullet impacting a human. Due to the very small mass of the bullet the force is quite small as well.

The force causing the bullet to shoot, however, is far larger. Just as you say.

You're still dead wrong. Mass x speed = force and the human body can't generate enough speed to make it's mass even come close to the force of a bullet. Hell a baseball going 95mph will hit with more force than any punch. Now if the Flash were real he could hit with more force than a bullet because of the speed of the punch but not a real person.

What has their relative sizes got to do with how imposing and powerful they are? Thor himself is also much smaller than the Kronan, yet he was able to reduce it to rubble with one blow, as you noted. One would assume that Kurse is similarly more powerful than the Kronan. Or is size everything now?
Thor also controls the mighty Mjolnir. :cwink:

LOL @ anyone trying to convince me they wouldn't know that this .....

fePCCkP.jpg

..... was meant to be in the spirit of this ......

thor_the_dark_world_kurse_algrim.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"