Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will we get anything close to Jane enquiring about the nature of these beings that the Norse myths of her world are based on? I mean, what is Thor's take on being the most beloved god of an ancient culture of humans? How much truth is there in the myths? What were he and his fellow Asgardians doing on Earth post the conflict with the Frot Giants? Odin made it sound like they just stayed in Asgard, but Fandral just out and says that at least Thor had gone to Earth after recieving Mjolnir. Questions, queastions... I hope Jane gets some answers.

I don't want them to try and make Thor anything like MoS, I want it to be Thor. He's a great character and I never doubted he was strong for a minute.

That being said, I did used to think everything but his physical strength came from his hammer. I can understand where you guys are coming from on that.

Will we get anything close to Jane enquiring about the nature of these beings that the Norse myths of her world are based on? I mean, what is Thor's take on being the most beloved god of an ancient culture of humans? How much truth is there in the myths? What were he and his fellow Asgardians doing on Earth post the conflict with the Frot Giants? Odin made it sound like they just stayed in Asgard, but Fandral just out and says that at least Thor had gone to Earth after recieving Mjolnir. Questions, queastions... I hope Jane gets some answers.

I'm pretty sure that's why they chose her as the lead female so they could give us the window into Asgard we could relate to instead of some magical world filled with things we didn't understand.

He lacks conviction. Perhaps he already had a different plan in mind at this point. An argument could be made that he wanted to go back to Asgard and scheme there.

Conviction was not gonna make his internal organs stop bleeding. His Asgardian level of healing was taxed to the limit I'd say. He was having a reeeaaally bad day. Repular blasts, explosions, beat downs from his more powerful bro and a monster. I think Cap may have given him an indian burn too while Tasha and Clint administered purple nurples.

Conviction was not gonna make his internal organs stop bleeding. His Asgardian level of healing was taxed to the limit I'd say. He was having a reeeaaally bad day. Repular blasts, explosions, beat downs from his more powerful bro and a monster. I think Cap may have given him an indian burn too while Tasha and Clint administered purple nurples.

I think people think Loki was beaten a little to easily, which he wasn't. He was hit by IM, Thor, pummeled by Hulk, exploded by HE and Cap got a few hits in in Germany. The only one who didn't get a chance to hit him physically was BW and she beat him with trickery which, for a trickster, would be a much harder blow.

I think people think Loki was beaten a little to easily, which he wasn't. He was hit by IM, Thor, pummeled by Hulk, exploded by HE and Cap got a few hits in in Germany. The only one who didn't get a chance to hit him physically was BW and she beat him with trickery which, for a trickster, would be a much harder blow.

Well, it was more of the problem that because he forgot the sceptor on top of Stark Tower, he lost. Comic book Loki would have been able to keep the fight going himself and get the sceptor back relatively easy (after all, it was only Black Widow who was holding onto it).

Well, it was more of the problem that because he forgot the sceptor on top of Stark Tower, he lost. Comic book Loki would have been able to keep the fight going himself and get the sceptor back relatively easy (after all, it was only Black Widow who was holding onto it).

Yeah, but at that moment she was surrounded by a bunch of very powerful guys who probably wouldn't have let him get a hold of it.

Oh you just know that what Tasha did got his goat big time. Some fans cried foul. "How could the god of lies be duped?!!" It was all Kool And The Gang with me. These are extraordinary people. Tasha is supposed to be a master spy, like every Bond femme fatale time ten. I had no problem with that scene.

Oh you just know that what Tasha did got his goat big time. Some fans cried foul. "How could the god of lies be duped?!!" It was all Kool And The Gang with me. These are extraordinary people. Tasha is supposed to be a master spy, like every Bond femme fatale time ten. I had no problem with that scene.

Man I LOVED that scene. I actually cried out 'Woo!' in the theater the first time I heard it. I don't think it's a testament to what they took from Loki, more like a testament to how awesome she is.

I'm pretty sure that's why they chose her as the lead female so they could give us the window into Asgard we could relate to instead of some magical world filled with things we didn't understand.

Something like Thor does need a human POV character. I want at least a little curiosity about the nature of the "gods" from Dr. Foster PhD.

Yeah, but at that moment she was surrounded by a bunch of very powerful guys who probably wouldn't have let him get a hold of it.

No, she was just surrounded by Selvig when she closed the portal.

Something like Thor does need a human POV character. I want at least a little curiosity about the nature of the "gods" from Dr. Foster PhD.

I would like a clearer definition from them on their 'god' status. Because Thor just says they're more advanced, Tony calls him a demi-god, and Darcy made the argument that the Vikings misunderstood and worshiped a superior alien race as gods. Also, they call us mortals, but at one point, Loki says 'the humans think us immortal. Shall we test that?' just before he tries to kill Thor. Confuses me a bit.

I would like a clearer definition from them on their 'god' status. Because Thor just says they're more advanced, Tony calls him a demi-god, and Darcy made the argument that the Vikings misunderstood and worshiped a superior alien race as gods. Also, they call us mortals, but at one point, Loki says 'the humans think us immortal. Shall we test that?' just before he tries to kill Thor. Confuses me a bit.

Yep. There should be more clarity, less "the audience will fill in the blanks." I for one have no problem with them being full on mystically empowered cosmic type beings. With Dr. Strange coming down the pike true supernatural magic is going to be in the MCU like it or not.

Mz. S., you ever get to see the HULK VS. THOR animated thingy yet? I really want to get your take one The Enchantress, Sif and Valkyrie in it.

Yep. There should be more clarity, less "the audience will fill in the blanks." I for one have no problem with them being full on mystically empowered cosmic type beings. With Dr. Strange coming down the pike true supernatural magic is going to be in the MCU like it or not.

Mz. S., you ever get to see the HULK VS. THOR animated thingy yet? I really want to get your take one The Enchantress, Sif and Valkyrie in it.

While I don't mind them being gods, I understand why they wouldn't want to label them as such. No point making the religious people mad by declaring them gods not when their money is just as good as those who realize it's just a story and no one is trying to dispute their religion. So Dr. Strange is definitely happening? I've been hearing a lot of 'maybe's and 'could be's but nothing for sure.

And no, I didn't get a chance to yesterday. I was really busy and working on very little sleep so I just passed out last night :D. I'll try to watch it today.

The only two Avengers who REALLY hurt Loki where Thor and Hulk, and even then he wasn't seriously hurt. IM's repulsers knocked him down (same with Coulson's gun), but he got right back up a few seconds later and was completely fine.

While I don't mind them being gods, I understand why they wouldn't want to label them as such. No point making the religious people mad by declaring them gods not when their money is just as good as those who realize it's just a story and no one is trying to dispute their religion. So Dr. Strange is definitely happening? I've been hearing a lot of 'maybe's and 'could be's but nothing for sure.

And no, I didn't get a chance to yesterday. I was really busy and working on very little sleep so I just passed out last night :D. I'll try to watch it today.

I doubt it has anything to do with religion. The comic books were always changing up exactly who the "gods" were. Aliens, superior beings, mutants, etc etc.

I'd say they are indeed gods in the MCU. Everyone uses different terminology based on their own opinions (BW calls them practically gods, Stark calls them demi-gods, Loki calls himself a god). But the general consensus is that they are gods and people view them as such.

I doubt it has anything to do with religion. The comic books were always changing up exactly who the "gods" were. Aliens, superior beings, mutants, etc etc.

I'd say they are indeed gods in the MCU. Everyone uses different terminology based on their own opinions (BW calls them practically gods, Stark calls them demi-gods, Loki calls himself a god).

Oh, I didn't realize that the confusion came from the comics too. Well, I would love to know what they are in the MCU for sure.

The only two Avengers who REALLY hurt Loki where Thor and Hulk, and even then he wasn't seriously hurt. IM's repulsers knocked him down (same with Coulson's gun), but he got right back up a few seconds later and was completely fine.

Yeah but Coulson's gun was created from the Destroyer and the Destroyer was made to take down guys like Loki who broke into Odin's vault. So I'm sure that did quite a bit of damage.

I just think there was an accumilation of a whole mess of damage, big and small, done to ye olde god o' pranks. God or not he took a lot of hits from EARTH'S MIGHTIEST HEROES. That's gonna leave a mark. He's no god of Thunder, after all.

i went to the MOS boards as you requested and I'm getting crucified over there:cmad: Damn you :argh:

i went to the MOS boards as you requested and I'm getting crucified over there:cmad: Damn you :argh:

Ow. You actually took a bad opinion on Supes over to the Supes lovers convention? Any blood drawn yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"