Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really see how you introduce Balder without him having been in the first film. Plus I'd rather see Sif and the Warriors Three get more sreentime than add Balder to the mix this late in the game

Not sure I'd wanna see Balder. The thing that has me concerned about Thor 2, is the same thing I didn't like about the first movie. And that's not having much for the supporting cast to do...other than be there. I understand that Thor is the main character, but I felt Sif, the Warriors Three and Frigga got the short end of the stick.

And assuming more characters will be added in Thor 2, I just hope they get a handle of things. It's funny the first movie's script worked, but things just fell through in the editing department.
It will take a killer script and probably a longer running time to achieve the greater ensemble piece that fans want. I do wonder if Marvel will ever branch out with 2 1/2 hour or longer movies. Hopefully IM3 will break that mold (especially if it is looking for a more epic feel with the Mandarin finally arriving), and Thor: The Dark World right behind it. Unfortunately, I do expect that MS will continue to keep their running times down for their solo films. That said, I think this quote from Idris Elba in an interview with MTV speaks to some of your concerns:
“What’s more involved is who the Asgardians are. I think we’ll see a sense of that. It’s a huge film, Thor 2, but I also think it’s micro in a way that you start to look at people, who they are a little bit more.”

It will take a killer script and probably a longer running time to achieve the greater ensemble piece that fans want. I do wonder if Marvel will ever branch out with 2 1/2 hour or longer movies. Hopefully IM3 will break that mold (especially if it is looking for a more epic feel with the Mandarin finally arriving), and Thor: The Dark World right behind it. Unfortunately, I do expect that MS will continue to keep their running times down for their solo films. That said, I think this quote from Idris Elba in an interview with MTV speaks to some of your concerns:

That does relax some concerns, and indicate that the script is on point. But like you say, I do think Marvel should loosen up with their run-times. In past interviews, Feige commented on the matter saying that it all comes down to what keeps the story moving...and that they don't set out for a specific run. To me that sorta means, "it's all about the story...F--- the little characters."

With The Avengers being so successful and their longest movie, 143 minutes, I'm hoping they consider 'The more the better.'

I don't think Loki should have a major arc in this film, he's had enough time in the sun for now.

Well .... considering the mess he created on Earth (to which he'll have to answer to Odin) and the fact that he's got Thanos looking for him, I don't know how you avoid it.

But they do need to get that other villain(s) in here to freshen things up.

That does relax some concerns, and indicate that the script is on point. But like you say, I do think Marvel should loosen up with their run-times. In past interviews, Feige commented on the matter saying that it all comes down to what keeps the story moving...and that they don't set out for a specific run. To me that sorta means, "it's all about the story...F--- the little characters."

With The Avengers being so successful and their longest movie, 143 minutes, I'm hoping they consider 'The more the better.'
I actually hope they continue to stay away from such sweeping generalizations when thinking about what makes a movie successful. Studio execs thinking "the more the better" gave us clusterf**ks like the Star Wars prequels and Spider-Man 3. That said, I think we agree that they should realize that fun superhero action adventures don't have to be limited to 2 hours.

I actually hope they continue to stay away from such sweeping generalizations when thinking about what makes a movie successful. Studio execs thinking "the more the better" gave us clusterf**ks like the Star Wars prequels and Spider-Man 3. That said, I think we agree that they should realize that fun superhero action adventures don't have to be limited to 2 hours.

A much better way of putting what I meant.

I definitely want to see the repercussions of what Loki did on Earth (answering to Odin) and i'd also like to see some background on what he went through after the first Thor film, but having said that, I wouldn't mind if Loki were a bit more in the background ... pulling the strings this time around.

Wonder how Thor's suit will change.

Belly shirt.

2gvliyb.jpg

Ew, that is the nastys. Lol. No but really that's pretty ugly.

Well .... considering the mess he created on Earth (to which he'll have to answer to Odin) and the fact that he's got Thanos looking for him, I don't know how you avoid it.

But they do need to get that other villain(s) in here to freshen things up.

It still doesn't have to be a "major arc" as in one of the main arcs of the film.

:up:

Hope the Warriors Three costumes got some upgrades, too.

Actually I think their costumes in THOR were perfect, the only things I want to see added are Hogun's mustache and head gear.

Thor, Loki, Odin, Heimdall

They should all wear belly shirts

Is that the new fad going around Asgard these days?

Apparently, everyone but Sif is wearing them

Variety caught up with actress Rene Russo to talk about her role in Thor and the upcoming Thor: The Dark World and the subject quickly went to her reading up on the character a little more before the second film gets going. Here's a clip:

I think they're going to need a good mom in the next film. Loki needs his mom. What the hell? I have a lot of compassion for him. But we might have to have a conversation about what he just did, Russo laughed. And I might have to have a chat with Thor. But I am so confused - is Thor my son or not? People have been telling me recently, 'No, you're not his mother.' It's all so confusing! I got to tell ya, it would be a little embarrassing if I don't know. I need to read more about her.

That's definitely a family dynamic that should be explored in the sequel.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/172057-rene-russo-wants-to-read-more-comics-before-thor-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"