• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not kill 'em both. The more, the merrier. ;)

It seems like it will end with Surtur on Earth, just like in the arc. My issue with this then, is WHAT is the purpose of having Kurse in this movie then?

A quick thought ......

Obviously there's still talk of Portman's discontent relating to the directorial choice. Since there's also the issue of someone dying in this film, wouldn't that be an easy out for Marvel to have an emotional passing of her character, rather than continue to force her to do Thor movies IF that's the case?

Originally I thought Odin because let's face it, Hopkins is gettin' up there in age and they're only doing Thor movies every 3-4 years.

They should have Jane die only if that best serves the needs of the *story*. (That's true of any plot element one could care to name.) They should not write in a death scene to address any would-be dissatisfaction on the part of any member of the cast.

Very likely there is some sort of exit clause in Portman's (and everyone else's) contracts. So if the actor is not able to fulfill the obligations set forth in the agreement for a variety of reasons that may or may not be enumerated, a financial penalty of $X is paid. (It's like that for any number of athletes and coaches who have their contracts bought out.) So there's no need to have a script do the work of a contract.

The only talk of Portman's discontent seems to come from sources who aren't obviously in a position to know (we all have secret identities here, so for all I know, maybe someone posting on one of these boards actually is in a position to know). So I am skeptical that she is actually discontented. (I'm sure she's still disappointed about what happened with Patty Jenkins, but I imagine she is able to put it past her.)

Even if she is discontented, she is a professional and so will make a good faith effort to do her best on the picture. So her personal feelings would not matter.

The Thor2 script might well have Jane dying, and Portman might actually be enthused about the project. I have the impression that actors often like to do death scenes because they can be meaty material to work with. (I of course would like Jane to stay in the story somehow, but if it serves the needs of the story, likely it would be well done.)

And finally, if Portman were to need to withdraw from the project (assuming there is an exit clause for her to exercise) and the overall story arc has Jane continuing to be in the story (either as Thor's love interest or not), they can always recast the role.

Regarding Hopkins: It's only been 2.5 years since they did Thor1. So they might be shooting Thor3 in early 2015. So while it's true that he is older, the elapsed time isn't as bad as it initially appears.

Has Portman ever died in any movies besides the Star Wars prequels?

Cuz then, yeah, she might want another shot at a proper death scene....lol
"she's just, gave up on living..or something.. I dunno, what do I look like, a doctor-bot?"

i could care less about that now haha, with Surtur most likely coming to earth, and being the big threat, what is the point of Kurse? This movie is really going to be like the simonson run, this is freakin awesome

Yeah, I actually would think it would be nice to see London getting invaded for a change lol! Poor New Yorkers always get attacked by something in movies or comics.

LoL thats so true...New York always get destroyed to peices then everything is fixed like nonthing happened.time and time again..and i dont feel like hunting for the quote but who ever said they feel like Thor news is getting shaft..i really disagree I think past couple of days have been great for Marvel movies cause we have been getting so much information about all them...All this stuff about big battle in London, Loki role a suprise..Surtur ( spelled right)...Ironman the two teasers..and photos and trailer tommorow..im excited right now its been so dead here all over

It seems like it will end with Surtur on Earth, just like in the arc. My issue with this then, is WHAT is the purpose of having Kurse in this movie then?

Dunno, until we actually start seeing some shots of Algrim/Kurse and hearing more plot details to speculate....but my early guess is that Kurse's role is just to be the Evil Henchman Who Gets Redemption by turning against his handler (Malekith) in the end. And probably dying in the process. (Dunno why I'm so morbid today --- so far I'm predicting that Jane, Odin *and* Kurse die. ...And Malekith. Definitely Malekith. Hey, how about Selvig, too? I want to turn this into a true Shakespearean tragedy)

I'm trying to figure out how they'll have Surtur on Earth by the end of Thor 2 AND Thanos by the time of Avengers 2 (I'm assuming Avengers 2 will come before Thor 3 here). It seems to me that Thanos will be enough of a villain to deal with in AV2 (combined with possibly a bit more Loki mayhem making) that they probably wont have another big baddie. Not that Surtur wouldn't be totally saved for Thor 3, that may very well be the plan. However, it seems like they'd have to deal with Malekith and Kurse and whatever else crops up in Thor 2, and wrap that part of the story up in Thor 2, ending with another peek at what's in store for Avengers 2. And then the Thanos storyline is played out and wrapped up there in Avenger 2. Then they go onto Thor 3 with possibly Surtur as the villain maybe there. Remember the movies never go along exactly with the comics, (or so I've seen) things will be changed. Wouldnt leave most of the audience guessing too much if they just did basically/almost the same story as in the comics. Plus they have to make it fit into a screenplay, along with the other storylines they have threaded along that need dealing with. And Marvel now has the extra and very tricky concern of making it work and flow nicely with the other movies going on for Iron Man and Captain America, as well as Avengers as a series. The MCU is a very complicated world right now, that's for sure.

Last edited:
Dunno, until we actually start seeing some shots of Algrim/Kurse and hearing more plot details to speculate....but my early guess is that Kurse's role is just to be the Evil Henchman Who Gets Redemption by turning against his handler (Malekith) in the end. And probably dying in the process. (Dunno why I'm so morbid today --- so far I'm predicting that Jane, Odin *and* Kurse die. ...And Malekith. Definitely Malekith. Hey, how about Selvig, too? I want to turn this into a true Shakespearean tragedy)

haha geeze. But I agree with Kurse. Just hopefully he isn't dumbed down like the destroyer, right now there are two characters in this movie that *should* be more powerful than anyone (short of Odin) in the entire MCU so far

haha geeze. But I agree with Kurse. Just hopefully he isn't dumbed down like the destroyer, right now there are two characters in this movie that *should* be more powerful than anyone (short of Odin) in the entire MCU so far

Kurse and Surtur?

I do agree that the Destroyer was dumbed down, but I also think it really worked in the context for the film and the MCU as a whole.

I think the answer to your question is that because Kurse is in this movie, Surtur won't likely be the focus. He's way more likely to be a shadow character, and I don't think there's a chance in Hel you'll see him on Earth at the end of Thor. Better odds on seeing him emerge from his hidey hole on his home realm.

The only problem I had with the Destroyer is his fight scene with Thor. It is like he was suddenly depowered and done away with in a matter of seconds.

The only problem I had with the Destroyer is his fight scene with Thor. It is like he was suddenly depowered and done away with in a matter of seconds.
Not alone in this. One reason it could have gone this way, if it was than fine if not (Sorry to say Branagh failed here) was he was controlling it. Loki was controlling it, which Thor should have beat anyways IMO should have been on scale of Hulk vs Abomination. On the other hand is Odin was wearing the armor no way could have Thor won this battle.

Not alone in this. One reason it could have gone this way, if it was than fine if not (Sorry to say Branagh failed here) was he was controlling it. Loki was controlling it, which Thor should have beat anyways IMO should have been on scale of Hulk vs Abomination. On the other hand is Odin was wearing the armor no way could have Thor won this battle.

I didnt think he had that much control over how well it fought, but I suppose. He was shown seemingly to power it down and starting to turn away, and then coming back to smack mortal Thor and kill him... So, Hmmm... one thing to keep in mind with that scenario (that Loki has control over how impressively it's fighting), is that likely Loki would have been all flustered and shocked at that point. He thought he gotten rid of Thor finally and now he's got his Hammer back and powers back and he knows Thor will be coming after him next chance he can get back to Asgard. So Loki may not have been controlling The Destroyer too well for that reason. That's my excuse anyway. ;)

I think the answer to your question is that because Kurse is in this movie, Surtur won't likely be the focus. He's way more likely to be a shadow character, and I don't think there's a chance in Hel you'll see him on Earth at the end of Thor. Better odds on seeing him emerge from his hidey hole on his home realm.

I agree. And it will be better that way, too. Then the Kurse fights can get more time, and Surtur threatening Asgard can get more time in Thor 3.

Some new possible spoilers from a stuntman on set posted on Screenrant.com, not sure how accurate. Interesting if true, especially who is supposedly going to die (my #2 guess) and why Jane is with Thor.

Warning. very spoilery if true.

http://screenrant.com/iron-man-3-thor-2-spoilers-rumors/

Does anybody have any info if this site is at all reliable? Or are they typically full of it? :dry:

Last edited:
Hey that actually sounds really cool and believeable

[BLACKOUT]the part about Jane being possessed... wow, that's unexpected. But Jane goes to Asgard YAY![/BLACKOUT]

Read it because I may not remember this in November but if this is true...I like a lot.

There are a couple things that seem to go against other stuff we've heard. like supposedly Thor and Loki are on different sides in the Iceland battles they did, this would seem to indicate that not to be true. And no mention of the warriors 3 or Sif. And where the hell is Odin during all of this?

Hrmph.... not sure I'm buying any of this yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"