Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a little thing I think I've figured out about Tyr's role maybe, I was having a problem earlier with Tyr, because Thor is called the first born son during the coronation scene in Thor, and the actor playing Tyr is clearly older. So it seemed like a really BIG mistake on the part of the writers. I see in Wikipedia, it is mentioned that Tyr dies during battle during Ragnarok and later leads the spirits of the fallen Asgardians. There are also a cast listing on IMDB for an Asgardian Einherjar and Einherjar Captain. Einherjar being those who have died in battle and brought to Valhalla. So, that all being said, then perhaps Tyr is going to stay an older brother of Thor, just now dead in Valhalla (not necessarily dying the same way he did in comics). So in this instance, technically then Thor is the first born son that is living, or of Odin's two living sons. And so maybe in Thor 2 Tyr and other dead warriors are called upon to battle to defend Asgard, or Valhalla itself.

Incidentally, on the IMDB cast and crew listing there is also characters named, Kemper, Marauder, and Ian Boothby. I dont know if any of these have been discussed.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1981115/fullcredits#cast

A caution I would offer for this angle is that in the Thor1 movie, the word "Einherjar" appears to be used to mean (living) palace guards (whereas in the myth, you are right; the Einherjar are fallen warriors awaiting the Ragnaroek).

I think we do not have enough data to say for certain what Tyr's role in the movie will be, or indeed what his relationship to Thor is. (though several good ideas were advanced earlier in this thread)

I had previously tried to dig up something on Kemper to no avail. So I think this is a character invented for the movie. I'm given to understand that some of the combatants in the scene filmed at Bourne Woods are marauders. So a character listed as "Marauder" strikes me as being one of the guys in the crowd who has a speaking role. Finally, there appears to be a comic book author by the name of Ian Boothby, so this listing may be some sort of inside joke.

I'm sure Natalie Portman is a professional, so it won't affect her performance at all. (For evidence of that, consider that she delivered all her Star Wars Episode I/II/III dialog with a straight face. Surely this will be an easier task.) For the same reason, I am skeptical about the studio having to force her to do the role.

Now, it may be that one of her other projects (and to read her fan sites, they are quite numerous) is her favorite for 2012. But so what? Some project or another is bound to be the favorite anytime someone works on more than one project. I still think she will be professional about this project.
The two, highly-secretive Terrance Mallick movies that she's currently filming are said to be her passion right now with TDW being something has to do. Seems as if possibly moving from something like a couple Mallick movies to Thor isn't as appealing as it once was to her.

The two, highly-secretive Terrance Mallick movies that she's currently filming are said to be her passion right now with TDW being something has to do. Seems as if possibly moving from something like a couple Mallick movies to Thor isn't as appealing as it once was to her.

Maybe. But so what? Something has to be the favorite project which means that something else will not be the favorite project. I'm sure she'll be a professional on this one.

There aren't that many big names who are unprofessional and foolish enough to risk their reputations by giving a crap performance like is being suggested here. Personally I think it's a little sad that so many people are seemingly buying yet another CBM "story" that "they heard" through one of their "sources"

There aren't that many big names who are unprofessional and foolish enough to risk their reputations by giving a crap performance like is being suggested here. Personally I think it's a little sad that so many people are seemingly buying yet another CBM "story" that "they heard" through one of their "sources"
I agree with you here. While the story is fairly possible, there's just not enough concrete evidence that it's what is actually going on behind the scenes.

Yeah , for some reason Portman rumors are always treated like FACTS.

Plus, wasn't there previous news that mentioned on how Portman had recently participated in meetings with Alan Taylor regarding the sequel and how she left the room being impressed with what she heard? Maybe it's true that Thor 2 isn't her highest of priorities, but I don't necessarily think that she'll treat it as something that she's being forced to do against her will or that it's something that she hates doing.

On another note, do you guys think that it's possible that we may get a teaser for the film at the end of the year? I remember on how a teaser for the Hobbit was released back in December 2011.

I just think the problem with Jane Foster is that she's doesn't really fit in with the powerful beings in the other parts of the Nine Realms that Thor typically encounters. Foster is the more typical damsel in distress than an equal to Thor. Main purpose she serves is to give Thor a love interest that ties him to Earth and want to protect it. The other love interests of the Marvel movies (Peggy and Pepper) fit in with the rather "normal" people they interact with.

Exactly. But I want Thor to actually love earth and it's people and be fascinated, not just because of jane. **** jane. **** portman lol

Plus, wasn't there previous news that mentioned on how Portman had recently participated in meetings with Alan Taylor regarding the sequel and how she left the room being impressed with what she heard? Maybe it's true that Thor 2 isn't her highest of priorities, but I don't necessarily think that she'll treat it as something that she's being forced to do against her will or that it's something that she hates doing.

On another note, do you guys think that it's possible that we may get a teaser for the film at the end of the year? I remember on how a teaser for the Hobbit was released back in December 2011.

I hope so!

Just a little thing I think I've figured out about Tyr's role maybe, I was having a problem earlier with Tyr, because Thor is called the first born son during the coronation scene in Thor, and the actor playing Tyr is clearly older. So it seemed like a really BIG mistake on the part of the writers. I see in Wikipedia, it is mentioned that Tyr dies during battle during Ragnarok and later leads the spirits of the fallen Asgardians. There are also a cast listing on IMDB for an Asgardian Einherjar and Einherjar Captain. Einherjar being those who have died in battle and brought to Valhalla. So, that all being said, then perhaps Tyr is going to stay an older brother of Thor, just now dead in Valhalla (not necessarily dying the same way he did in comics). So in this instance, technically then Thor is the first born son that is living, or of Odin's two living sons. And so maybe in Thor 2 Tyr and other dead warriors are called upon to battle to defend Asgard, or Valhalla itself.

Incidentally, on the IMDB cast and crew listing there is also characters named, Kemper, Marauder, and Ian Boothby. I dont know if any of these have been discussed.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1981115/fullcredits#cast

I hope that they just hint that Frigga may not be Thor's mother. They don't have to say that Gaea is his mother just yet. They should just hint at it. That would plug the first born line and would be the easiest way to rectify that problem.

I hope that they just hint that Frigga may not be Thor's mother. They don't have to say that Gaea is his mother just yet. They should just hint at it. That would plug the first born line and would be the easiest way to rectify that problem.

I think that Frigga will be Thor's mother for the series, seems like it would open a whole other can of worms that needs explaining to say otherwise. I dont see how saying she's not would explain that problem either, Odin says his first born, not Frigga's or his and Frigga's first born.

On second thought, my idea there about Tyr still being the older brother wouldnt really gel with the scene with the kids where Odin says that only one can ascend to the throne but both were born to be kings. Tyr would have been out of the picture before then. and if the character is already dead, it's interesting that he looks like he may be about Odin's age that he is with the children there. So, still thinking he may be reinvented as Odin's brother, alive or dead, or not related at all. I see in myth that Tyr is the god of Law and Justice, so another possibility is he is not as much based on the comics character, more on the myth, and he is instead Loki's judge. (although I would be very surprised if we see a trial of any kind, seems like they have other exciting stuff to do in the film. Although it would be interesting if Odin did not have control over Loki's judgement and punishment. :wow: Could be we'll see Loki tortured as punishment, in that case, after all. )

Thanks for the clarification on the "Einherjar" and other stuff American Maid. :) For Kemper, the actor's look etc, and just last name given, make me think he may be a Shield agent. It would make sense for them to appear somewhere, and of course Coulson is no longer available. :csad: I still think if it's going to take place all over the 9 Realms that we may very well see Valhalla.

The crew were spotted in Iceland. Nothing fancy tho...yet
Also, it seems SIF may have been written out of the scenes, according to the source of this pic
a2e8c8fc149311e29a5322000a1d0353_7.jpg

Sorry; I know I'm super late to the party. Could you tell me what SIF is? I can't think of what it could mean.

Sorry; I know I'm super late to the party. Could you tell me what SIF is? I can't think of what it could mean.

Dude....Sif..Lady Sif....he just capitalized all the letters in her name. Come on now lol

Seems there will definitely be some action in London. They've been filming extras "running for their lives" all morning in Greenwich. And nearby, they've also filmed a large bus and cars crashing. It's said that explosions will come later this week, along with some actors

c3b7494e1b6611e2bf5922000a1f8cdc_7.jpg
A5vRiLJCMAA3hH6.jpg:large

Last edited:
Thanks for the clarification on the "Einherjar" and other stuff American Maid. :)

You're welcome! :yay:

For Kemper, the actor's look etc, and just last name given, make me think he may be a Shield agent. It would make sense for them to appear somewhere

Oh, I hadn't thought about that. That could be fun!

of course Coulson is no longer available. :csad:

Hey, Coulson lives; Fury lies!! lol (PSA: this is not a serious comment; I am referencing a meme)

I still think if it's going to take place all over the 9 Realms that we may very well see Valhalla.

Well, Valhalla is part of Asgard. So we'll have already checked that box without going to Valhalla.

Hel, on the other hand. . . .

Seems there will definitely be some action in London. They've been filming extras "running for their lives" all morning in Greenwich. And nearby, they've also filmed a large bus and cars crashing. It's said that explosions will come later this week, along with some actors

I wont be too far from Greenwich so may take a peek.

If Coulson remains dead in the films, I'm going to assume he went to Valhalla especially since it was Loki and all...

I would think they'd want a trailer with Iron Man 3, or at least a teaser.

Well in the FILM so far Sif is just a Friend of Thor's.
In COMICS the two are a bit more than that and Jane Foster is only Blake's girlfriend.
In MYTH both Thor and Sif are married. It's Sif's 2nd marriage and already had a son by the 1st (god of Skiing), and BOTH Thor and Sif are fertility gods.

It's clear shes in love with Thor in the movie. To me, anyway.

Alexander hinted they might "progress" the relationship somehow in Thor deux.

Last edited:
According to MF over at CBM, the extras running around are supposed to be dodging spaceships.

Which, given the source material, sounds an awful lot like a continuation of Simonson's Twilight Sword Saga, which this movie seems more and more to be based on. i.e., Fire Demons invading earth ahead of Surtur's arrival.

I just hope that the stakes are raised higher in this film and that it really pushes Thor to his limits physically, mentally, and emotionally. hell, i hope that this film becomes the first sequel in the MCU that does it right.

According to MF over at CBM, the extras running around are supposed to be dodging spaceships.

Which, given the source material, sounds an awful lot like a continuation of Simonson's Twilight Sword Saga, which this movie seems more and more to be based on. i.e., Fire Demons invading earth ahead of Surtur's arrival.

I hope that's not true. It's too soon after Avengers to have a bunch of guys on mini space ships terrorizing a major city.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"