Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correction, the Mayan's never predicted the end of the world. Their calendar ends december 21, 2012 and a new age starts in their eyes. They never predicted it the end of the world. In fact, just the opposite, and they have referred to other dates after. It's people who are clueless, the ones who interpreted the mayan calender completely and jumped to conclusions, starting this stupid rumor

Hence why I'm poking fun at the whole Mayan Calender Apocalypse thing. Anyone remember Y2K and how everybody was so paranoid about that like when it was the Year 2000 things would come to a complete halt like in the Day the Earth Stood Still?

Well, since I'm in a Tolkien Hotty mood I was browsing through some images of Karl Urban as Eomer from Two Towers and Return of the King. It got me wondering how true the rumors were of Karl Urban being the first choice considered for the role of Thor early on before the Hemsworth brothers were ever contenders.

Last edited:
What's funny? That's what it means ....

My bad, I know it's not comic fan-fiction in the guise of movie speculation. LOL

You ever hear the expression to make an omelet you've got to break a few eggs? Same with figuring out plot, but to do that you've got to write a bit of fan fiction, and use your imagination, and sometimes "think too much" and it may turn out to be wrong or right but that's part of the fun. If you don't like it, then I guess my advice to you is stop reading that thread, cause no one is forcing you to read it. :cmad: I made that thread purposely so that this thread wouldn't get bogged down with that type of speculation.

If anyone else likes using their imaginations and having fun discussing this Thor 2 stuff then you are more than welcome to come join us in the Plot Speculation thread. :yay:

Last edited:
I read that it's the move into the age of Aquarius.

What's funny? That's what it means ....

Oh, I just thought you were referring to the song (from the musical _Hair_), and thinking of it mixed in with all this Norse mythology tickled me. (As you may have noticed, I tend to enjoy absurd juxtapositions.)

And since we have irritated each other in the past, I also wanted to take the opportunity to show that I enjoyed one of your posts. I see now I misinterpreted it, but I meant no offense.

Out of curiosity, does anybody know who is actually still in London to finish up filming?

Chris H. and Natalie, I believe both of them are still there. I am assuming Chris E lives in England like Tom so probably around if he is filming still. Jamie just flew back to LA yesterday I think. I think Zach returned to London this past week. Do we know, is Kat still in London? Anybody know about if any of the others have said they are done with their part of filming, other than Tony?

Chris Hemsworth and his family live in London, so he likely will still be there regardless. Natalie Portman was spotted in town on the 14th. Tom Hiddleston was still filming (per his tweet) at least as of the 13th. Zachary Levi appears to be in London still. "Two Broke Girls" has a taping in LA next Tuesday, the 18th. So if Kat Dennings is still filming Thor2, she won't be for long.

I imagine they've got most of the effects and stunt stuff done and are doing more of the close ups and remaining one on one dramatic scenes involving Thor, Jane, and Loki mostly.

Thanks for sharing, itchyscratch! I do love the kid's earnestness. Yeah, I wonder what's with the cement truck, too!

The MOS trailer reminded me how mediocre Thor's flight scenes have been, Supes even flew off into space.

I hope that changes in Thor II, because Supes is gonna be doing some seriously epic flying in MOS.

The MOS trailer reminded me how mediocre Thor's flight scenes have been, Supes even flew off into space.

I hope that changes in Thor II, because Supes is gonna be doing some seriously epic flying in MOS.

Im really worried that MOS might up the ante when it comes to flight and feats of strength...by the time thor comes out next november, MOS will set the bar and thor 2 has to compete with it

Im really worried that MOS might up the ante when it comes to flight and feats of strength...by the time thor comes out next november, MOS will set the bar and thor 2 has to compete with it

Why would you "worry" about something like that? I'll be happier than a pig in slop if MOS "ups the ante when it comes to flight and feats of strength," for both Marvel *and* DC movies.

I'm not worried about his flight scenes at all but just for the record until Supes flies through someones head Thor has him beat!

Does anybody else here hate Natalie Portman as much as I do?

don't worry. I've seen the trailer. The only bars that MOS will set are that of awful bad comic book adaptations and miscaracterizations of icons.

A couple reports on twitter of them filming this afternoon on Great Suffolk Street, South London

Does anybody else here hate Natalie Portman as much as I do?

yup. I do. I hate hate her. I think she's annoying in everything she's been in. I've said I hope the get rid of jane's character or kill her off. Or find a way to get natalie out of the franchise. I thought she sucked in thor 1, she was incredibly annoying

Why would you "worry" about something like that? I'll be happier than a pig in slop if MOS "ups the ante when it comes to flight and feats of strength," for both Marvel *and* DC movies.

the only thing Im worried about is Thor 2 getting the same treatment as Thor and Avengers in not showing much flight....but from the set pics i got my hopes up

the only thing Im worried about is Thor 2 getting the same treatment as Thor and Avengers in not showing much flight....but from the set pics i got my hopes up

i want thor to have a fight. Yeah he toyed with ironman. Though hulk was his physical superior, he still held back, and had to fight to protect. I want to see a fight where thor has to cut loose, and does. Meaning, he doesn't pull his punches. He uses flight, chargers the hammer with lightning to make his strikes stronger. Uses wind, lightning, blasts, cuts loose. And I think we will get that with kurse.

i want thor to have a fight. Yeah he toyed with ironman. Though hulk was his physical superior, he still held back, and had to fight to protect. I want to see a fight where thor has to cut loose, and does. Meaning, he doesn't pull his punches. He uses flight, chargers the hammer with lightning to make his strikes stronger. Uses wind, lightning, blasts, cuts loose. And I think we will get that with kurse.
I think it looks as if we might get close to that with the Malekith fight too, no?

I think it looks as if we might get close to that with the Malekith fight too, no?

yeah, based on what we've seen. But by the footage, it still seems like a typical thor and villain fight. hitting with the hammer, and such. I meanwhere he really has to cut loose. While I am sure he wont "hold back" against malekith, i am not so sure we will see him cut loose, depending on the environment. But with an enemy like kurse, he may have no choice. I think it would be cool if a plot device is needed to beat kurse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"