Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too. But if he does, it'll probably be for a short time.

and if thats the case, I would love to see a giant full scale battle between Asgard and some other realm (Svartalfheim) and his helmet is for combat.

Not a ceremonial helmet, and not one for his every day garb. COMBAT.

Although, I wouldn't count on this. :( as none of the set footage we've seen can attest to it.

and if thats the case, I would love to see a giant full scale battle between Asgard and some other realm (Svartalfheim) and his helmet is for combat.

Although, I wouldn't count on this. :( as none of the set footage we've seen can attest to it.

True... Anyway, as long as the movie is awesome, I can live with that.

I know it's a big deal to religious Thor fans, but I don't mind him with no helmet. I almost think, on film at least, his design looks better without it. I think we will see it at some point this film, since they might tap into the King Thor type stuff at some point, but I just think they've realized his helmet doesn't work in action. Even though Loki has had the helmet for most of his scenes, something just seems off about Thor with one. It's a shame they can't make it work somehow since it really does complete his look, but I don't have a bad image of him without it.

I am also not that bothered by the lack of a helmet, I was thinking about that last night actually as I was watching Avengers again. But maybe that has something to do with me becoming a fan after the movie where he didn't have it? I don't hate the idea of his helmet but Im not bothered by its abscence.

I think the whole "ceremonial helmet" thing is a really cool detail. I hope they don't start ignoring established things "just because".

I'm almost certain we'll see Thor finally crowned in the 3rd film.

I know it's a big deal to religious Thor fans, but I don't mind him with no helmet. I almost think, on film at least, his design looks better without it. I think we will see it at some point this film, since they might tap into the King Thor type stuff at some point, but I just think they've realized his helmet doesn't work in action. Even though Loki has had the helmet for most of his scenes, something just seems off about Thor with one. It's a shame they can't make it work somehow since it really does complete his look, but I don't have a bad image of him without it.

Anytime Loki has worn his helmet he's been a ruler, either acting King of Asgard or self-appointed King of Earth.

I'm not bothered by him not wearing the helmet either. Thor and Loki's movie helmets both look like they are probably awkward to wear in fight scenes for the actors/stuntmen so I can see why they don't wear them that much in combat scenes.

I want to see Thor in his Helmet calling down lightning at least a couple times. So far we've gotta ZILTCH on that

Watching Thor right now. First time on FTA-TV over here. Some IM3 trailer and clips around and the old Avengers commercials. It's a pity, that the TDW trailer isn't there. Would have been cool.

Patience my friends. A Thor 2 Teaser will be released when the time is right.

See to me, I don't think it's a religious thing, I think it's more symbolic. Thor looks fine without it. The thing is though, it's a part of his appearance, having the wings on his head. When I think Thor, I think of the hammer, and the big guy with wings on his head. I associate it on his head so much, that it almost feels like something is missing seeing him without it.

For me, it's not "he needs to have it because he has it in the comics", it's more so, he has it in almost all his superhero appearances, and it's sort of a symbolic part of his appearance, that it seems like something is missing without it. When I think of Thor, I will ALWAYS think of him with a helmet.

Though thor isn't king in the MCU. The helmets seem to be more like a crown. Loki wore his through out the avengers out of pride, he feels he is a king. Most definitaly, so if thor is to become king, I bet we will see it a little bit more

I think he/she meant 'hardcore' when he/she said 'religious'...

My... err bad haha

haha it's all good. But yeah, I don't think its even a religious thing, like..hardcore fan thing, I just think it's so associated with his appearance in media as a super hero, that seeing him without it feels like something is missing

Big shout out to Hiddie for winning "Best Villain" at the MTV Movie Awards over Bane, Talia, Silva, and Candie! :awesome:

She deserved the nomination, considering that awesome death scene.:woot:

To be honest, I cannot even remember the climax of that movie
man that s**t was disappointing after 2 amazing films proceeding

but it's great Tom won, he seems to genuinely enjoy himself more than any actor I've ever seen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"