Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Thor all the way
Superman's costume reminds me of one of those old-timey adult onesies with the butt flaps

and ya know what really grinds my gears?
Why the need nowadays to "explain" the 'S' on his chest?? Does it really need a f****** explanation????
He wears an 'S' cuz he's the goddamned Superman!

Personally, I liked the way they explained it in the trailer.

Me too. Makes more sense than just deciding to call yourself Superman and throwing an S on your chest.

tell that to those "real super hero" people running around
they come up with random names and base their outfits around the identity
there doesn't always need to be some detailed background and reasoning for the costume or the name
It made Superman unique among the big 2's top characters
I liked the simplicity of it

"I'm a super...man... I'm superman.... Costume? oh, well how bout some red and blue for the american way.. oh and a big 'S' for superman!"

That's why I'm glad they're in charge of the film and you're not. No offence.

tell that to those "real super hero" people running around
they come up with random names and base their outfits around the identity
there doesn't always need to be some detailed background and reasoning for the costume or the name
It made Superman unique among the big 2's top characters
I liked the simplicity of it

"I'm a super...man... I'm superman.... Costume? oh, well how bout some red and blue for the american way.. oh and a big 'S' for superman!"

But don't you see, there's no difference between what you just did and what the movie did. You're both providing an explanation for the S. I happen to like their reason better since it's less conceited on his part. :)

But don't you see, there's no difference between what you just did and what the movie did. You're both providing an explanation for the S. I happen to like their reason better since it's less conceited on his part. :)

Definitely ......

It adds more depth.

Nothing happening on the Thor front, eh? Maybe if he had a giant "T" on his chest we could discuss how that's like an ancient rune, or something.

Maybe they'll release a preview of the preview? Or a preview of the preview of a preview?

So on the German marvel facebook page the trailer was announced for next week.
In Germany the movie is called Thor: The Dark Kingdom.
Don't know why they changed it in Germany possibly in whole Europe.

Yeah I don't know why they do that.
Dark Kingdom: the Dragon King (movie of the Neiberlungs) had several names too

So on the German marvel facebook page the trailer was announced for next week.
In Germany the movie is called Thor: The Dark Kingdom.
Don't know why they changed it in Germany possibly in whole Europe.
It's called Thor: The Dark World in Sweden so it's not a European thing.

No see, I just feel like, why the need for all this deeper meaning and connecting his costume to his birthright and this detailed history of the 'S'?
I'm not saying they should literally explain it like I did above in the movie
I'm a man who's content saying simply "it's just his f****** costume"

but to each their own

but yes, more Thor
Between waiting for IM3 and the trailer for this, April has been the longest month friggin ever.

I hate to bring mos into this again, but I heard that dupes attacks zod and crew by smashing them with cars. I've been waitin to see a normal sized superhuman do that in a movie for a long time. Still wanna see Thor do some car lifting. The reason lifting cars seems like such a feat of strength is because we are familiar with how much they weigh, as opposed to a big rock or something. Anyway I'm hopin that Thor has got some crazy power displays goin on in this movie. :)

Well, we know he crushes a car when he lands on it. :)

He also pretty casually smacks a car over a bunch of Chitauri in The Avengers, but I certainly agree that we must see Thor do some real strength feats that pushes to the limits of what he can do.

xeno000 said:
Five days to the trailer. Disney did not show the TDW trailer at CinemaCon even though it's finished. Instead they showed some clips from the movie, mostly Thor in action according to someone who was there. I'm actually happy about that because so often studios show "exclusive" content at cons and leave the rest of us out in the cold. It gets kind of old to read posts and articles saying, "ZOMG! Teh Thor trailer at XCon was so incredible! Thor went whoosh! and then Loki went zing! and the things were crashing....you should have seen it!" when we're not given a chance to watch for ourselves.

Were any cool powers and abilities displayed in those movie clips?

I hate to bring mos into this again, but I heard that dupes attacks zod and crew by smashing them with cars. I've been waitin to see a normal sized superhuman do that in a movie for a long time. Still wanna see Thor do some car lifting. The reason lifting cars seems like such a feat of strength is because we are familiar with how much they weigh, as opposed to a big rock or something. Anyway I'm hopin that Thor has got some crazy power displays goin on in this movie. :)

I hate to say it but Supes is always gonna do more heavy lifting than Thor, for the simple fact that Thor has a hammer. Honestly I wanna see Thor do more heavy lifting with his hands to, nut I'm not gonna hold my breath for much.

German Facebook confirms the trailer btw
The trailer cannot get here fast enough

Oh I'd like to point out something from the MOS trailer, there's a scene where Supes dodges jet bullets just like Thor did in TA.

Which helps support my "it was just a natural reaction to being attacked" theory.

Super strong characters throwing cars is something I'm a big fan of. Circus Peanut kind of tossed one in Fantastic Four but I've yet to see someone actually heft one and hurl it.

Last edited:
One more confirmation, from AgentM's twitter:

@AgentM
I can confirm that the teaser for #ThorDarkWorld will arrive next week! Much more info soon!

https://twitter.com/AgentM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"