Thor News and Pics Thread: Impending Super Bowl Spot Edition - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
They better accept me.

Im down with wearing a blue and/or black and white jumpsuit.

Hehe, yeah I've been messing on it for like an hour, pretty neat.

Can't figure out the goddamn Lie Detector thing yet, surprisingly.

edit- apparently it's subjects 2&4, ********.

Up to the lie detector and...the last guy makes me nervous lol.

Still playing around with it myself

I think Thor will do between 80 to 100 million domestically in it's opening weekend, and I think it'll do over 250 million domestically by the time it leaves the theaters.

Does anyone want to share the correct answer for the lie detector? They're all such terrible actors, I have no idea!

I think Thor will do between 80 to 100 million domestically in it's opening weekend, and I think it'll do over 250 million domestically by the time it leaves the theaters.

Iron Man made 98 Mil, Thor has to do about the same or better than that.

Are the benefits only for those living in the States?

If so...

:(

BTW Just passed the lie detector, here is a hint.... Keep an eye at the heart rate as they talk. Make your choices based on that :)

Last edited:

That's what I'm hoping for as well. I'm hoping for mostly positive reviews. I'm trying to keep my expectations level, but I think it's real important for Thor and Cap to do well for cross promotion of Avengers. Not to mention that I am really looking forward to the film.

Visually, from the taste we've gotten so far, I am so impressed. They were wise to hide the Asgard scenes, but seeing them now IMO they blow GL out of the water (and I thought GL was very visually appealing).

Regardless, if it comes close to the numbers you're quoting, it's a success.

Iron Man made 98 Mil, Thor has to do about the same or better than that.

Um no. If Marvel thought Thor HAD to make that it never would've been made in the first place. Anything over $200M, which is 2/3 of Iron Man, would be great.

If the film delivers critically, the audiences will roll in IMO. This isn't always the case, sure, but the GA already knows this will be an action packed spectacle. What they don't know is if it is worthwhile story-wise. If we can get solid performances, epic battles, and quality storytelling intertwined into one juicy summer film, than potential movie-goers will see those qualities through and pay for admission.

Nothing works better for summer audiences than a film with good action and a good story. It worked for Iron Man....

BUT

Hemsworth needs to SELL Thor, like Downey sold Tony Stark. The word of mouth for RDJ's performance as Iron Man was what really killed it.

Last edited:
274905382.jpg

SWEET! I was hoping we'd get a shot of them together soon.

Hemsworth needs to SELL Thor, like Downey sold Tony Stark. The word of mouth for RDJ's performance as Iron Man was what really killed it.
But Hemsworth has something Downey didn't... a heavyweight villain to help carry the film.

Well, not really for a GA. It's an actor they don't know, as opposed to Jeff Bridges for IM.

Well I can't really seeing that being a selling point for anyone who knows nothing about it anyway. The god of mischief wouldn't mean anymore than the God of Thunder would to someone in the dark on the movie.

But Hemsworth has something Downey didn't... a heavyweight villain to help carry the film.

Being an Iron Man fan for 35 plus years, that's one thing IM's been lacking is a good rogue gallery. The obvious choice is Mandarin, but even he was kinda goofy in the comics, especially his initial portrayal.

While he's been my favorite Marvel character, I'll freely admit, his foes are not as cool as Loki, or Doc Ock, or some of the other Marvel great villians. This is what happens when his first "big" villian he faced in the comics was called "Mr. Doll". I mean serioulsy Stan and Jack, you two are brilliant, but you couldn't come up with something better than "Mr. Doll" who was nothing but a cheap knock off of Puppet Master?

I agree with you though, Loki is going to sell the film. I'm not familiar with Hiddleston's work, but I hope he's the breakout performance in this film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"