Thor Ragnarok Spoilers - Part 2

I can imagine a lot of GA guys just seeing a spaceship and not knowing what it meant.

I mean, I see it the same way as the end of storyline in a comic that sets directly up with another storyline. Like in Comics, it's just the end panel of a comic book. Initially you just don't know what it means until you get the next comic issues.

It's a mystery that'll resolve itself in the next movie or Avengers: IW. It's not that big of a deal.

I mean, I see it the same way as the end of storyline in a comic that sets directly up with another storyline. Like in Comics, it's just the end panel of a comic book. Initially you just don't know what it means until you get the next comic issues.

It's a mystery that'll resolve itself in the next movie or Avengers: IW. It's not that big of a deal.

Well it's not a big deal at all, don't think anyone's suggesting that. But there's different levels they can go to between a totally black screen for 2 minutes giving nothing away and an all singing and dancing Thanos introducing himself and his friends and explaining when you get to see him next. I'd prefer a glimpse of him picking up the gauntlet like we got in the AoU mid credit scene. That would have been perfect here and was probably a bit too early back then.

Well it's not a big deal at all, don't think anyone's suggesting that. But there's different levels they can go to between a totally black screen for 2 minutes giving nothing away and an all singing and dancing Thanos introducing himself and his friends and explaining when you get to see him next. I'd prefer a glimpse of him picking up the gauntlet like we got in the AoU mid credit scene. That would have been perfect here and was probably a bit too early back then.

Yeah. I kinda was expecting to see Hela come back somehow or Thanos finding her. Or something that wouldn't need any time to explain by the time Infinity War comes around.

Yeah. I kinda was expecting to see Hela come back somehow or Thanos finding her. Or something that wouldn't need any time to explain by the time Infinity War comes around.

Well I would have loved that!

Hela is undamaged as she teleported before getting hit. Only thing hurt is her pride.

Same though I was surprised to notice it there. Can't wait to see Stark or Starlord react to it.

They'd probably start a bidding war for it lol.

Hela is undamaged as she teleported before getting hit. Only thing hurt is her pride.

Yeah. If I had to take a guess, I would say she was either evaporated or teleported.

In either case, we don't know what happened to her as a fact within the scope of the film. (I don't like fan-fictiony explanations either)

All of which could've used an end credit sequence, if they wanted to.

But it's not like I'm crying foul or saying its a bad thing to leave it a mystery in the end.

Yeah. If I had to take a guess, I would say she was either evaporated or teleported.

In either case, we don't know what happened to her as a fact within the scope of the film. (I don't like fan-fictiony explanations either)

All of which could've used an end credit sequence, if they wanted to.

But it's not like I'm crying foul or saying its a bad thing to leave it a mystery in the end.

I didn't notice it my 1st viewing but last night I saw her green portal/mist(like her introduction scene) right before Surtur's sword hit. I think most expect her to return in some manner. Maybe they prefer it to be a surprise, Thanos and his Order will be a focus. She maybe the driving force for him, her true Executioner.

I didn't notice it my 1st viewing but last night I saw her green portal/mist(like her introduction scene) right before Surtur's sword hit. I think most expect her to return in some manner. Maybe they prefer it to be a surprise, Thanos and his Order will be a focus. She maybe the driving force for him, her true Executioner.

Yes actually will be pretty cool if we don't see her straightaway and she turns up a bit after we've been introduced to Thanos and his kids.

Saw the film for a 2nd time today. One of my favourite scenes is Hulk's desperate attempt to prevent the transformation into Banner. That was a very emotional scene, the way he hits himself and his fearful expression. He was truly afraid of turning back into Banner.

That definitely would be handled almost poetically.

People, in my theater, laughed out loud when Banner flung himself out of the spaceship and thudded onto the rainbow bridge. Totally was something I wasn't expecting.

Question: Does anyone know when exactly The Dark World is meant to take place in the MCU timeline? There were no continuity flubs here as big as the ones in Homecoming, but something at the beginning bothered me.

When Thor gets to the Bifrost, he doesn't recognize Skurge, and is confused that someone else is doing Heimdall's job. He has to have it explained to him that Heimdall was brought up on charges after the events of The Dark World and disappeared.

If that's the case...who was manning the Bifrost at the end of Age of Ultron, when Thor gets beamed up from Avengers HQ?

Its an error most likely but easy enough to explain away. Heimdall was brought in for charges of treason before the real Odin and then Loki came back and did his shenanigans and became Odin, basically, in Asgard and it was only after that that he removed Heimdall as he was worried Heimdall might find out, or already found out, his impersonation. Not a big deal, I guess.

People, in my theater, laughed out loud when Banner flung himself out of the spaceship and thudded onto the rainbow bridge.
Same in mine (both showings).

I WOULD LOVE FOR THIS TO BE REALITY :hmr:

Yep, there's a bright flash of green where Hela is standing just before Surtur plunges his sword into the ground. It's easy to miss, but once you see it it becomes super noticeable when you watch the film again. I love how Marvel have seemingly hid something big like that in plain sight. They knew that fans would notice it eventually and the speculation would start. Meanwhile, the general audience are none the wiser, automatically assuming that Hela is done for, so if they do bring her back for IW or another movie, it will be a really good, unexpected 'WTF??' reveal.

I WOULD LOVE FOR THIS TO BE REALITY :hmr:

If Thanos and Hela are a thing in the MCU, I could totally imagine them taking a similar route to what they're doing with the two characters in the comics at the moment. Comics Hela is actually in a pretty similar position to MCU Hela; defeated, depowered to quite a large extent with her kingdom and source of power taken from her. Then she allied herself with Thanos, they started getting it on and Thanos is now helping her regain strength and power by taking her from planet to planet and letting her slaughter her way through the population. Being surrounded by death and destruction is making her stronger again. Ah, love and mass genocide, nothing like it. :woot:

DMDNtN2X4Acajiu.jpg

Awesome dialogue hahaha.

Its an error most likely but easy enough to explain away. Heimdall was brought in for charges of treason before the real Odin and then Loki came back and did his shenanigans and became Odin, basically, in Asgard and it was only after that that he removed Heimdall as he was worried Heimdall might find out, or already found out, his impersonation. Not a big deal, I guess.

I just assumed Loki/Odin trumped up some charges against Heimdall during Thor's absence - he did say he had been gone for two years...

Yeah.. makes sense that Loki as Odin removed Heimdall as soon as he came back.

So I think I've found a pretty big plot hole in Thor: Ragnarok. Please let me know if I missed something in the movie to disprove it:

So Hela's whole deal after taking over Asgard was continue rampaging over further realms outside of the 9 and to do that she required Heimdall's sword to operate the Rainbow Bridge.

Okay, cool....BUT when she gets to the armory/vault/whatever to resurrect her army, she passes by the Tesseract and makes a comment that makes you assume she knows how powerful it is, but proceeds further without another thought. IF the Tesseract (Space Stone) is capable of opening up doorways through space (at least), then why not eschew using up all that time tracking down Heimdall's sword and use the Tesseract to leave Asgard.

Doesn't spoil the movie for me in the least but am I wrong here?

So I think I've found a pretty big plot hole in Thor: Ragnarok. Please let me know if I missed something in the movie to disprove it:

So Hela's whole deal after taking over Asgard was continue rampaging over further realms outside of the 9 and to do that she required Heimdall's sword to operate the Rainbow Bridge.

Okay, cool....BUT when she gets to the armory/vault/whatever to resurrect her army, she passes by the Tesseract and makes a comment that makes you assume she knows how powerful it is, but proceeds further without another thought. IF the Tesseract (Space Stone) is capable of opening up doorways through space (at least), then why not eschew using up all that time tracking down Heimdall's sword and use the Tesseract to leave Asgard.

Doesn't spoil the movie for me in the least but am I wrong here?

:hmm

Good question. I don't have a good answer but I haven't had a chance to watch the movie again. Hoping to check it out again this weekend if I can.

I used to think Asgard existed in its own dimension but after the last two movies that no longer seems to be the case. i.e. in TDW, Malekith arrives at Asgard in his space vessel and at the end of Ragnarok, Thor and co. flee the destruction of Asgard via the ship from Sakaar. Further there is Hela's explanation retconning the Nine Realms for the MCU as merely being where Odin decided to stop his conquests. (Clever angle I thought)

I'm also wondering how Hulk got to Sakaar in a Quinjet. Tony didn't exactly develop a warp drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"