Thor: Ragnarok The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - Part 13

Two Ragnarok cast members are among Hollywood's most 'cost-effective' actors according to new research, meaning they bring the most bang for their studio buck. Cate Blanchett is at #2 with $66.20 made for the studio for every $1 they pay her (just behind Samuel L. Jackson at #1 and with RDJ just behind her in 3rd) and Chris Hemsworth is at #7 with $32.25 for every $1 paid.

Good for Cate. I've enjoyed her in a lot of things. :)

Just came back from Thor Ragnarok, and it is not just the best Thor movie but one of the best MCU movies I've seen. Yes, there were funny moments and I'm sure some people didn't like how comedic Hemsworth was as the God of Thunder, but they did not take away the serious moments and the climatic finale lived up to the high expectation. If I have time I'd love to go back and watch it several more times; it's a movie that can stand up to repeated viewings.

And Blanchette most definitely gave a stellar performance as Hela. With a lesser actress Hela may not be as interesting, but she made it work so well.

Could be but I figure Dr. Strange will be the first Marvel Studios movie after A4. Spidey is a joint movie so I don't count it as just Marvel Studios. GOTG3 is the only movie announced by MCU after A4 because it was obvious.

I'd say Thor 4 would come out in the same area as GOTG 3 and Doctor Strange 2, probably right after them.

Just came back from the movie definitely a fun movie to watch I just felt the first 25 minutes were really rushed and that really bugged me but once we get to sakaar I felt the movie had a great flow. I loved Thor’s power displays in this film and I hope we get more of it in infinity war and I really wish he gets his hammer back. Easily one of the most funnier marvel studios films I give it a solid 8/10

Could be but I figure Dr. Strange will be the first Marvel Studios movie after A4. Spidey is a joint movie so I don't count it as just Marvel Studios. GOTG3 is the only movie announced by MCU after A4 because it was obvious.

Hopefully Black Panther and Cap Marvel both get sequels.

If I see it again I'll def report back in, but I'm going to be taking a break then moving into the Black Panther hype! :D it's been fun guys! Cheers! See some of you MCU heads in the BP forums :D

Hahaha anyone noticed how they added cgi clothing between Valkyrie's legs and a cgi cape for Hela? i guess MPAA and disney thought that they look to ''sexy'' for little children .
t9LiPog.jpg

I am 100% certain that was done, not for modesty or ratings, but because they wanted both a certain look and a certain degree of costume mobility, and some judicious CGI was the best solution.

I'd say Thor 4 would come out in the same area as GOTG 3 and Doctor Strange 2, probably right after them.

If we get GotG3, DS2, BP2 and CM2 then the MCU would be showing no signs of slowing down on awesomeness for me. HC2 too of course but that might be a little less anticipated than the 4 mentioned above all of which I could be going crazy for.

I don't mind them churning out movies as long as they stay this good. I'd hate to see them rush things for money and end up being awful. :(

I am 100% certain that was done, not for modesty or ratings, but because they wanted both a certain look and a certain degree of costume mobility, and some judicious CGI was the best solution.

Yep, the longer capes are always added via CGI because they can significantly hinder an actor's movement on set, no one wants to be constantly worrying about getting caught up in their cape and falling over. It was the same with Hela's helmet, they had to add it via CGI because a practical helmet would have been way too heavy and cumbersome and would have restricted Cate Blanchett's ability to move around.

If I see it again I'll def report back in, but I'm going to be taking a break then moving into the Black Panther hype! :D it's been fun guys! Cheers! See some of you MCU heads in the BP forums :D
I too will start spending more time on there soon.

I don't mind them churning out movies as long as they stay this good. I'd hate to see them rush things for money and end up being awful. :(

Well they're getting better if anything!

Exactly and Marvel has not been into rushing a movie out just to get it in. If they were then Ant-Man would have been out phase 1 or early phase 2. I expect they already told the directors and actors about sequels. They just have to keep their lips sealed because IWs/A4.

I know, right? :D Hope this is a run that lasts a long time.

IW and A4 might be the real zenith and culmination of everything we've seen to date so I think they really are going to be amazing and unprecedented films. After that Marvel will have a big job of starting again and will face new challenges but sequels to DS, GotG, BP & CM would definitely have my interest straightaway along with hopefully some new projects we don't know about yet.

I'd be totally okay with Guardians 3 in May, Thor4 in the summer spot then Dr Strange sequel in November as the three 2020 movies :woot:

Yeah, if a fourth Thor film happens at all I'd say we're looking at about another 4 year wait.
-2018-
Black Panther, Infinity War, Ant-Man/Wasp

-2019-
Capt Marvel, A4, Spidey 2

-2020-
We know GotG3 & Dr Strange 2 are happening, and I'm assuming the 3rd film here will be a new property if Marvel trying to keep "2 sequels and a new IP" thing going as much as possible.

Also, considering Waititi wants to do something smaller next (assuming folks want him back), and considering it takes about 2 years to make a film, then the earliest we could see another Thor film is 3.5-4 years -2021-.

I can wait, just please make it happen!

Got back from Thor a couple hours ago and man was it awesome. That's going to have to be my review for now as I have to get back to watching a football game.

Got back from Thor a couple hours ago and man was it awesome. That's going to have to be my review for now as I have to get back to watching a football game.

Glad you liked it mate :up:

This is definitely a top tier Marvel film for me. Probably just under the first Guardians which would make it my 6th favorite film taking over the spot of SMH. The rest of my top 5 are Avengers, Winter Solider, Iron Man, Civil War and Guardians. I really hope to see Waititi do more MCU movies, because I enjoy his style humor. You can tell it's heavily improvised, but most of it worked for me and it never took me out of the scenes. Honestly, it reminded me a lot of the first Avengers movie with how natural it felt, but it's still quite different from Whedon or Gunn's sensibilities.

I was about to finally write my full Ragnarok review but my favorite UFC fighter Cody Garbrandt just got knocked out.

I'm in TURMOIL, just sitting here with his shirt on looking foolish.

This is definitely a top tier Marvel film for me. Probably just under the first Guardians which would make it my 6th favorite film taking over the spot of SMH. The rest of my top 5 are Avengers, Winter Solider, Iron Man, Civil War and Guardians. I really hope to see Waititi do more MCU movies, because I enjoy his style humor. You can tell it's heavily improvised, but most of it worked for me and it never took me out of the scenes. Honestly, it reminded me a lot of the first Avengers movie with how natural it felt, but it's still quite different from Whedon or Gunn's sensibilities.

Pre-Ragnarok that was a very common top 5 (mine too). At the moment I think Ragnarok is only behind CW and Avengers for me but will know more when I rewatch all the films before IW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"