or Coipel's take:

thor_8.jpg

THOR010.jpg

thor7var.jpg

cover-large.jpg

Thor_600_DellOttoVariant.jpg

THOR600_COV.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think Coipel's fits in better with the other Avenger while Ages of Thunder is a good fit for the solo movie.

I so beat you in the previous thread, Thread Manager! bwahahaha! (although i accidentally called you "Thread Merger," but we won't talk about that...)

Last edited:
I can't choose whic of those pics is the most badass!

I can't choose whic of those pics is the most badass!

It's either the pic where he's fighting Bor, or the two pics with him in a rage uleashing lightning all throughout the background

I want to see a full shot of Thor's costume on the next poster.

I want to see a full shot of Thor's costume on the next poster.

Especially with Thor wearing his helmet, I also want there to be lightning in the background or coming for his hammer.

The lighting on the Hot Toys figure makes it look like there's a bit more going on with the pants than it looked like in the movie stills. I'm feeling a bit better about them now.

I really like the "metal band" around his right leg

I'm still impressed about the amount of detail on this action figure.

I also like the red stripes that are on the back of his pants near the calf muscle area.

I agree, the amount of detail on that toy is amazing.

I think the hot toys Thor helmet looks a bit silly. The wings are far too big and curve at an odd angle. The helmet in the first few posts in this thread look a lot better. It's no wonder he seems to wear that helmet so rarely in the movie from what we've seen.

I agree, the helmet looks too big on those Hot toy figures but it fits PERFECTLY in the actual movie.

Just got look at the trailer again and as a matter of fact, this promo art is a much better representation of how the helmet will fit in the film.

thorpromo.jpg

moviethorsmall.jpg

I thought it would be fun to do this...

I couldn't find an open Art/Manip thread so I figured I'd plunk it down in here.

moviethorsmall.jpg

I thought it would be fun to do this...

I couldn't find an open Art/Manip thread so I figured I'd plunk it down in here.

Wow! That is amazing! You got some major skills!
Would love to see a picture of "Movie-Thor" smashing the ground.
Like the scene in the first trailer! :woot:

Thanks. I didn't think I'd really have time to colour the picture but I found myself doing just that this afternoon...

thormoviecolouredsmall.jpg

I've studied the Hot Toys figure pretty closely while I've been drawing and colouring this and I have to say, I really like the movie costume. I would prefer some kind of crotch flap but it is pretty impressive nonetheless.

Thanks. I didn't think I'd really have time to colour the picture but I found myself doing just that this afternoon...

thormoviecolouredsmall.jpg

I've studied the Hot Toys figure pretty closely while I've been drawing and colouring this and I have to say, I really like the movie costume.

Yeah I agree, I love the movie costume and this picture is SPECTACULAR!!! I'm glad they went with the black pants instead of the chain-mail leggings.

I would love to see a scene in the movie where Thor runs at an enemy (hopefully the Destroyer) just like in this picture. The drawing was already epic but the colors really bring out the costume even more :)

Last edited:
Double post

Last edited:
Nice work, DJ. I agree, now that I've seen that there's some actual detail to the pants rather than just flat black thanks to that Hot Toys figure, I like them. But I was never one calling for the chainmail leggings--I think those look a bit silly even in the comics.

Nice work, DJ. I agree, now that I've seen that there's some actual detail to the pants rather than just flat black thanks to that Hot Toys figure, I like them. But I was never one calling for the chainmail leggings--I think those look a bit silly even in the comics.

The chainmail leggings looked decent in the comics to me, but I imagine they would look much worse in "live action".

Double post

Last edited:
Triple post

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee