Thor's costume - Part 1

Quadruple post

I apologize everyone, my computer is f***ed up

Last edited:
They look okay. I take issue with the concept more than anything else. It must chafe like a motherf***er to have chainmail covering your nethers. Thor seems like a commando sort of guy too, if ya knowumsayin'. ;) ;) ;)

I much prefer the look of the Mighty Avenger costume, with chainmail on his arms and regular blue pants on his legs:

THORMA_4_PREVIEW6.jpg

outside of that helmet the mighty avenger suit is far and away my favorite thor costume

I don't really like the rest of the costume, to be honest. I prefer the layered tunics of the 616 costume. I just think Thor should wear normal pants. Chainmail pants are weird.

They look okay. I take issue with the concept more than anything else. It must chafe like a motherf***er to have chainmail covering your nethers. Thor seems like a commando sort of guy too, if ya knowumsayin'. ;) ;) ;)

I much prefer the look of the Mighty Avenger costume, with chainmail on his arms and regular blue pants on his legs:

THORMA_4_PREVIEW6.jpg

Hahaha I agree, chainmail pants must hurt pretty badly

That's gotta be one of the worst pics of Thor I've seen!!! He has Madonna's boobcaps, just cut off halfway.... Oh the shame...

That's gotta be one of the worst pics of Thor I've seen!!! He has Madonna's boobcaps, just cut off halfway.... Oh the shame...

Hahaha, now that you mention it

I think the chainmail legs look pretty cool in the comics, not sure what they would have looked like in live action. I have to think they at least gave it a look and bailed on the idea.

And definitely not practical. There must be some sort of awsome Asgardian corn starch to help with the sweating and chaffing.

And definitely not practical. There must be some sort of awsome Asgardian corn starch to help with the sweating and chaffing.

Hahaha, good stuff :applaud

Last edited:
Had some fun in costume recently. Thought I'd share. Still deciding on whether to rock this on opening night.
THORME3.jpg

Yeah Son of Thunder, that transformation looks quite badass indeed.

did a manip of him in his movie gear, but that thread is closed...
Thor2011.jpg

Had some fun in costume recently. Thought I'd share. Still deciding on whether to rock this on opening night.
THORME3.jpg

Holy crap! You'd better wear that opening night!

Though you might wanna take the helmet of for the flick...:cwink:

THORME3.jpg

Also, what's interesting is that top half of your suit looks pretty badass without looking cheap and spandexy, leading me to believe they could have done the classic suit and still look awesome...

Also, what's interesting is that top half of your suit looks pretty badass without looking cheap and spandexy, leading me to believe they could have done the classic suit and still look awesome...
Yeah Son of Thunder goes into detail how he made that Costume at the beginning of this thread. lol
I really don't think the Classic Costume would have worked with the way Marvel's been aiming at a more realistic Movie universe. If you do a search for the Marvel Visa Check card Commercial it has a Thor Classic costume and it looked pretty cheesy, to me at least.

Last edited:
Yeah Son of Asgard goes into detail how he made that Costume at the beginning of this thread. lol
I really don't think the Classic Costume would have worked with the way Marvel's been aiming at a more realistic Movie universe. If you do a search for the Marvel Visa Check card Commercial it has a Thor Classic costume and it looked pretty cheesy, to me at least.

I bet if you changed the Thor movie pants to a dark blue and made the boots have some straps... I'm sure it would look okay...

I bet if you changed the Thor movie pants to a dark blue and made the boots have some straps... I'm sure it would look okay...
What got me with that one commercial Costume itself was the Vinyl looking, almost like some S&M costume.

What got me with that one commercial Costume itself was the Vinyl looking, almost like some S&M costume.

True story... I swear I bought those same pants at Hot Topic when I was 15...

Looking at them side by side I have to say I really prefer the Movie costume:

THORS.jpg

Its just the right blend of Superhero,Sci Fi and Viking IMO.

I would have still liked to see what the metal pants legs would have looked like. I like that look in the comics, but I'm trusting they took a look at it and it didn't work.

I would have still liked to see what the metal pants legs would have looked like. I like that look in the comics, but I'm trusting they took a look at it and it didn't work.
I would have liked to have seen the Plate maile legging's too. It's probably because I worked at that Renaissance Faire up there on the ILL/Wis border for 13 years. lol

Last edited:
I really like the armored pant look. A warrior would need leg protection as much as arm protection. I have a Thor costume I made (I wish I knew how to insert a pic) with armored legs and bare arms. My bracers act as armor on the arms. When I try to insert a pic it comes up asking to enter the URL ??? Any help? Am I just a rookie on this site? :word:

I really like the armored pant look. A warrior would need leg protection as much as arm protection. I have a Thor costume I made (I wish I knew how to insert a pic) with armored legs and bare arms. My bracers act as armor on the arms. When I try to insert a pic it comes up asking to enter the URL ??? Any help? Am I just a rookie on this site? :word:

Upload your picture here, then copy the

Yeah, I like the movie costume a bit better than the one with the "chain mail" pants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"