Thor's costume - Part 1

Kudos for all that made their own costume, it kick major ass

As for the movie.....
Is not that the costume is bad (i give it a 7), but it´s not great either.
Sure, it´s Thor like, but it all lacks the Norse/Viking angle (all of Asgard, from the trailer, miss that angle), and i hate the sleeves, to put sleeves on Thors gives him a very clean look as opposed to barbarian/viking like, he look like a wird biker with a cape and a helmet.

By far the best costume is the King Thor one

Thor-KingThor.jpg

Thor06.jpg

He looks Viking AND Regal (he is the Prince of Asgard afterall), i´m just very glad they use that helmet for the movie and nt the original one

Isildur´s Heir;20046933 said:
Sure, it´s Thor like, but it all lacks the Norse/Viking angle (all of Asgard, from the trailer, miss that angle), and i hate the sleeves, to put sleeves on Thors gives him a very clean look as opposed to barbarian/viking like, he look like a wird biker with a cape and a helmet.

You're right, it's not very medieval aside from the lamellar arms.

It's bloody very Kirby/Coipel though, which is what it set out to be. I'm tired of toga or fur wearing gods: make them look beyond mortal comprehension as they should be.

You're right, it's not very medieval aside from the lamellar arms.

It's bloody very Kirby/Coipel though, which is what it set out to be. I'm tired of toga or fur wearing gods: make them look beyond mortal comprehension as they should be.
The King Thor costume can be a pain. I've seen one fan use Blue dog tag blanks for the Scale Maile. I personally used a sleeveless blue sweat shirt and drew the Scale maile on, and used chrome X-mas ornaments for the four discs.

Here is the start to my Thor. Going for an Ultimates/616 Hybrid. Waiting for a helmet in the mail to customize and working on the cape this weekend!
2011-05-05004057.jpg

2011-05-05004005.jpg

2011-05-05003905.jpg

2011-05-05003823.jpg

2011-05-05003759.jpg

2011-05-05003730.jpg

i hope in the future we see thor with his helmet on, the helmet looked really cool. i think it would have completed the look better. overall i liked the look though, but with the helmet it would have made it better. seemed like loki is the only one who wore his helmet alot followed by odin.

Yeah...more helmet. Even if we had just one more scene or two.

Like if he put it on when he gets his powers back and then goes back to fight Loki. He could still lose it again in their initial clash if they wanted to show more of Hemsworth's face.

The helmet looked really good when he wore it.

And am I ever glad they didn't use the King Thor costume. In my opinion, that's got to be close to his worst.

yea i thought that as well.
when he gets mjolnir back i thought he would be in his helmet too.

Hoping to have this finished up for the Superman Celebration next month, don't see why I shouldn't. Still finishing up the cape, just taped it on for now to see how it looked! One problem is the helmet. No matter what I try, I can't get one to turn out right....or decent at all. So I'm looking for a helmet....if anyone has any ideas or knows of anyone looking to sell or trade one lemme know.

2011-05-11232346.jpg

2011-05-11232410.jpg

2011-05-11232429.jpg

You should be able to find costume helmets all over the place online. That is where I found the one below (couple new pics):
THGLSUP.jpg

thorarmraised-1.jpg

fullgroup.jpg

ThorGLSuptight.jpg

hahah that Green Lanteren looks like Nathan Filion who many people wanted to play him in the movie.

LOL I hadn't thought of using those car mirrors for the Discs!

Isildur´s Heir;20046933 said:
Kudos for all that made their own costume, it kick major ass

As for the movie.....

By far the best costume is the King Thor one

Thor-KingThor.jpg

Thor06.jpg

He looks Viking AND Regal (he is the Prince of Asgard afterall), i´m just very glad they use that helmet for the movie and nt the original one
He's supposed to look like he's not from earth. That's
the angle they were going for with the costume. To give him a viking look would tie him to much to an earth look which would not make sense for a movie.

After about 6 weeks of neglecting it, I now have my Thor basically finished and just in time as I have a local Con this weekend! Just need to add some detail to the shin guards and find some that work with the costume! Be warned....crappy quality pics for some reason.

2011-07-04014636.jpg

2011-07-04014540.jpg

2011-07-04014622.jpg

2011-07-04014725.jpg

2011-07-04014900.jpg

2011-07-04014943.jpg

2011-07-04014517.jpg

Hoping to have this finished up for the Superman Celebration next month, don't see why I shouldn't. Still finishing up the cape, just taped it on for now to see how it looked! One problem is the helmet. No matter what I try, I can't get one to turn out right....or decent at all. So I'm looking for a helmet....if anyone has any ideas or knows of anyone looking to sell or trade one lemme know.

2011-05-11232346.jpg

2011-05-11232410.jpg

2011-05-11232429.jpg

What did you use for the buttons?

THOSE are car mirrors. :D
I used the plastic Door knob discs that go on walls. and painted them with latex

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"