The Dark Knight Rises Tom Hardy as Bane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I was really pissed when the Batman & Robin movie did Bane so poorly...they exaggerated the venom he injects into himself, looked ******ed when they decided to make him look GREEN, and they made him the dumbest thing alive...o ya..and they appearently made it to where he could not even talk -__-.

So who do you think should play Bane if Nolan were to ever bring him into his movies? I would really like to see Bane presented exactly how he should be..but maybe instead of actually breaking Batman's back he only injures him greatly. I do not know who could play him off the top of my head but it should be someone who basically just looks the part..I know Bane is not supposed to be dumb as shown in that crappy Batman & Robin movie...but an actor with GREAT skill is NOT exactly needed for this role.

By the way to all you who love ripping Jett.

He was right when he said Hardy was NOT going to play Hugo Strange and many of you chose not believe him. :oldrazz:

Doesn't mean crap. Jett had a correct guess, if that makes him have inside info, then all the posters here who guessed Bane have inside info.:whatever:

So it is possible that Bane can break Batman's back in a manner different from picking him up and doing it over his knee. That just seems a little too over the top for the Nolan movies imo.

Eh, I don't think that frame would be the breaking of the back, but even as a non-fan of Bane, I do think a recreation of the shot should be filmed.

It just seems kind of ridiculous that since Bane broke Batman's back in a comic book logic dictates that he will automatically do the same in the movie that he will be featured in.

Well, it's the same deal with Green Goblin. Once he was announced, people were hoping for him to throw a girl off a bridge. And Bane fans, well, they want him to break someone's back.

By the way to all you who love ripping Jett.

He was right when he said Hardy was NOT going to play Hugo Strange and many of you chose not believe him. :oldrazz:
Jett is like a moron version of Nostradamus; he has predicted just about everything at some stage. Unfortunately, only about 0.2% of it came true.

Well, it's the same deal with Green Goblin. Once he was announced, people were hoping for him to throw a girl off a bridge. And Bane fans, well, they want him to break someone's back.

Goblin throwing MJ off the bridge was intrical to the plot and motivation of Spidey for THAT franchise though. Became a recurring theme throughout, does Spidey save MJ or help others? Does he hold on or let go of her?

Bane breaking Bat's back isn't really a necessary factor into this incarnation of the Dark Knight. We saw his confidence shattered and he questions his actions after Rachel dies, so do we really need a physical interpretation of that in this movie?

They could even go the same route the Animated Series did and build up to that Moment, only for Bats to outsmart Bane and jam up his venom tubes just before being "broken."

Heck, even Arkham Asylum the video game had a clever ending to the Bane fight! So I'd expect Nolan and Co. to come up with something original.

I just cant see Nolan having venom tubes on Bane. Realistically it doesn't make sense. You could not fight or be physical with a shunt in the body. It could be pulled out way to easily. He could however carry some type of steroid that could be injected as needed.

I want to add my two-cents to some of the issues raised in the last thread:

1. regwec's suggestion about Bane being inspired from some of the real-life militants existing today? Hamas, and a few others, that's got to be downright the BEST suggestion I have heard yet. It falls so close in conjunction to the other interpreted villains in the series that I hope it's something we see in the film.

2. Matches Malone is essentially Bruce's undercover gear. Remember how that scene where Bruce puts on street-wear and patrols the Lower East End (among other locales) in Year One? That was later subtly hinted at as Bruce's "Malone" gear (even in that three-part arc where we learn that there was a 'real' Matches). In the film, I think we've already seen a derivation of that, in Begins its when Bruce wears that hoody and spies on Rachel, Gordon and Falcone. In TDK it's him tracking down 'Melvin White'. At least, that's how I see it. He goes unnamed, which is for the best.

3. (not exclusive to this thread) - people who are complaining about Bale's hoarse voice while in the mask is overlooking one very brilliant thing about that - the way it makes him more of an elemental figure. The best moments are either when he's interrogating someone (Flass, Joker, Maroni etc.) or when he's just talking just above a whisper, it completely breaks Bale's normal tone. The scene when Harvey kidnapped that inmate and began using the Clint Eastwood gun/coin trick is the best example of this - it occurs after everyone assumes Jim to be dead and Batman and Dent shares some of the best dialogue in the entire film. Bale is using his hoarse voice, again whispering, and you forget that it's Christian under that mask.

Every member of the cast are great actors, and the addition of Hardy and Hathaway only makes the group one of the best ensembles in the genre. And it is an ensemble, on all three films.

1. regwec's suggestion about Bane being inspired from some of the real-life militants existing today? Hamas, and a few others, that's got to be downright the BEST suggestion I have heard yet. It falls so close in conjunction to the other interpreted villains in the series that I hope it's something we see in the film.
*bounces*

I re-read Vengeance of Bane recently and it really surprised me how much the Santa Prisca scenes with Bane reminded me of Bruce's time in prison in Begins. Even the whole fear motif was present throughout the story. I don't necessarily need them to show Bane's origin in this film but if they do Nolan really has an opportunity to show how Bane's origin mirrors Bruce's. It's also a good way to tie this film to the first thematically without doing it in a really obvious way.

I re-read Vengeance of Bane recently and it really surprised me how much the Santa Prisca scenes with Bane reminded me of Bruce's time in prison in Begins. Even the whole fear motif was present throughout the story. I don't necessarily need them to show Bane's origin in this film but if they do Nolan really has an opportunity to show how Bane's origin mirrors Bruce's. It's also a good way to tie this film to the first thematically without doing it in a really obvious way.

I know! I loved that book, that and that one issue where Bane rips into NML (with his origin story told simultaneously in flashbacks), great way to introduce Bane.

I just realized that Tom Hardy will co-star with Gary Oldman in another movie next year: John le Carre's Tinker, Tailor, Spy, Soldier, directed by Tomas Alfredson (Let the Right One In.)

tinkertailorsoldierspys.jpg

Last edited:
Goblin throwing MJ off the bridge was intrical to the plot and motivation of Spidey for THAT franchise though. Became a recurring theme throughout, does Spidey save MJ or help others? Does he hold on or let go of her?

Yeah... but it got tired the second time they did it though. If you think of it, the Batman is already 'broken' as a symbol. He's shattered. That was a big part about TDK, deconstructing the icon they built in Begins, it's what made it stand out from the first film and really be its own beast. Maybe it all picks up after that?

I just realized that Tom Hardy will co-star with Gary Oldman in another movie next year: John le Carre's Tinker, Tailor, Spy, Soldier, directed by Tomas Alfredson (Let the Right One In.)

He co-starred with Caine and Watanbe in Inception too! :up: Hardy's our homeboy as far as Bat-fans are concerned (or will be soon).

Tom Hardy and Michael Fassbender are the new Ewen McGregor and Jude Law.

3. (not exclusive to this thread) - people who are complaining about Bale's hoarse voice while in the mask is overlooking one very brilliant thing about that - the way it makes him more of an elemental figure. The best moments are either when he's interrogating someone (Flass, Joker, Maroni etc.) or when he's just talking just above a whisper, it completely breaks Bale's normal tone. The scene when Harvey kidnapped that inmate and began using the Clint Eastwood gun/coin trick is the best example of this - it occurs after everyone assumes Jim to be dead and Batman and Dent shares some of the best dialogue in the entire film. Bale is using his hoarse voice, again whispering, and you forget that it's Christian under that mask.
I thought he controlled it nicely in BB, but in TDK, almost everything he said was laughable to me.

C'mon guys, I think it's obvious that Nolan will remove the tubes from Bane's character, and that Venom will play an extremely important role in TDKR, for these reasons:

1. Tubes are unrealistic. Way too unrealistic.
2. BB already showed how integral drugs can be to a Batman storyline. I think (and this is my opinion) the League of Shadows will play a role in introducing Venom to Gotham. What better way to create chaos and undo Gotham than by turning citizens into rabid, strong-armed meatheads?
3. I think we will ABSOLUTELY see Bane's muscles expand, as in the comics. Nolan showed with Two-Face that he doesn't shy away from the gritty characteristics of some characters.

Oh, and Bane won't break Batman's back. But he'll definitely kick his ass and put him in the hospital. :wow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"