The Dark Knight Rises Tom Hardy as Bane

Status
Not open for further replies.
You ate bread? HFCS is no good, unless you were eating that special made Ezekiel bread. Still, bread is a big no no. Tsk Tsk. You would have been infinitely better off going with brown rice instead. Consider that some free advice. Please spare me the pics. No need to get defensive. I don't think all comic nerds fit the stereotype. But, some of the comments here are funny bc I know more than not many of them have not lifted a weight or ate clean in their lives.
You only need to follow strict diet guidelines if you're trying to cut weight, "eating clean" is only really necessary if you're dieting down for something. Limiting yourself to low glycemic carbs, protein and vegetables will not help you get big, and ultimately if you want size you're going to have to tolerate weight you don't want. I know bodybuilders who'll go in and clean out an Italian restaurant during the off-season when they're putting on size. You can put on a little size eating clean, but ultimately you'll level out fairly quickly and won't have the energy to train with the intensity necessary for getting huge.

Here's a question for you guys: How sympathetic do you think Bane should be?

With BB we got Ras Al Ghul. A fairly understandable extremist, not someone you cried for when he went off the rails but still someone you couldn't help but understand where he's coming from (I'm a big fan of Neeson's Ras, doesn't get enough love. The speeches in BB weren't terribly well-written at times but his were always excellent.)

With TDK we of course got the Joker, who was an almost inhuman force of nature and chaos. I'd argue he comes off as a human whose trying to make himself into that force of nature and chaos, I'm not sure that was what the writers were going for.

I'd like to see Bane be, loath as I am to quote TV Tropes (for those of you who don't know, a strange internet Ceti-Eel that enters your brain and devours your vocabulary), an Anti-Villain. Similar to Ras, someone who does very bad things but you understand his motives, and on some level feel for his plight. I imagine Bane as, like Bruce, a construct of the man behind the mask, though unlike Bruce Bane strives to utterly annhilate whatever person he is underneath it and fully become that mask and persona. So beneath the godlike, emotionless warrior he's still an angry, bitter human being.

For that kind of antagonist to work. Especially if they're going to be doing awful things to characters you care about. Has to be very well-written, admittedly, but I'm sure the Nolan brothers are good enough writers to pull it off without it slipping into Sandman territory where it feels like a forced attempt at wringing sympathy from the audience.

Here's a question for you guys: How sympathetic do you think Bane should be?

With BB we got Ras Al Ghul. A fairly understandable extremist, not someone you cried for when he went off the rails but still someone you couldn't help but understand where he's coming from (I'm a big fan of Neeson's Ras, doesn't get enough love. The speeches in BB weren't terribly well-written at times but his were always excellent.)

With TDK we of course got the Joker, who was an almost inhuman force of nature and chaos. I'd argue he comes off as a human whose trying to make himself into that force of nature and chaos, I'm not sure that was what the writers were going for.

I'd like to see Bane be, loath as I am to quote TV Tropes (for those of you who don't know, a strange internet Ceti-Eel that enters your brain and devours your vocabulary), an Anti-Villain. Similar to Ras, someone who does very bad things but you understand his motives, and on some level feel for his plight. I imagine Bane as, like Bruce, a construct of the man behind the mask, though unlike Bruce Bane strives to utterly annhilate whatever person he is underneath it and fully become that mask and persona. So beneath the godlike, emotionless warrior he's still an angry, bitter human being.

For that kind of antagonist to work. Especially if they're going to be doing awful things to characters you care about. Has to be very well-written, admittedly, but I'm sure the Nolan brothers are good enough writers to pull it off without it slipping into Sandman territory where it feels like a forced attempt at wringing sympathy from the audience.

Ra's was extreme justice, vigilantism. Not evil evil.
As was Two-face.

The Joker was chaotic evil, for the laughs even if it wasn't necessary.
I want Bane to be pragmatic evil. Not killing for fun but never with a grain of pity or mercy.

If Ra's is Lawful Evil and Joker Chaotic Evil then I want Bane to be Neutral Evil.

Last edited:
Ra's was extreme justice, vigilantism. Not evil evil.
As was Two-face.

The Joker was chaotic evil, for the laughs even if it wasn't necessary.
I want Bane to be pragmatic evil. Not killing for fun but never with a grain of pity or mercy.

Oh. So essentially Anton Chigurh. Which has been shot down whenever I suggested it.

Why would anyone shoot down the idea of Bane being like Anton Chigurh?

I'd love that.

Why would anyone shoot down the idea of Bane being like Anton Chigurh?

I'd love that.

I'd prefer a more human villain after they did that "Force of nature" thing with the Joker. Would still work though.

I have a feeling that if TLOS are in this movie...I bet since Bane has always been his own man in the comics,and we dont want him being a total lackey like in B&R for Poison Ivy...I bet Bane will eventually go rogue and betray TLOS,resulting Batman having to rescue Talia from him. I can see that happening.

Its the old cliche.

I was thinking, with giving more of a motivation for Bane to use venom to enhance himself, possibly if Bane is connected to Ra's, (I'm going along with the Ra's knew Bane theory) and when Ra's throws Bane into prison for not needing him or not feeling he was worthy, Bane of course is hurt, and waits in prison for years to get out and seek revenge. Then he hears Ra's is defeated and learns of a Batman who did it, this gives him motivation for breaking out and pursueing Batman in Gotham. Yeah, that parts been said. What I'm getting to is if Bane will discover Batman's identity. In the meantime, maybe he does deduce that Batman is Bruce Wayne. He knows the only person who could defeat someone like Ra's is someone who was trained by him and someone who had more discipline. And before he strikes, he might stalk him and learn his every move. Observe from a distance and study. So this makes Bane want to better himself and he uses the venom. It might be cheating, but he's doing it out of spite of Ra's and what he taught him. Which makes Bane more independent in a way. There's a cruel irony to Bane using what Ra's learned but purging it by using an enhancing drug. Although the dead end is how the hell does Bane know who Bruce Wayne is in the first place? So that kind of puts a dent in my idea.

I'd be more interesting for Bane to know Batman's identity rather than Selina possibly. Just an idea I've been tossing around.

he admitted that hed been with guys and girls and that he enjoyed both in an interview.

Is there a problem with that :huh:?

Bane: "I will break you, Batman."

BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN 2.

Well, no, I don't mind what he does in his personal life, but now I have a mental image of a homosexual Bane. :|

must be why hes so obsessed with batman then:awesome: he doesnt want to kill him, just wants to make love to him:hrt:

It's fine though... If I can watch Bale as Batman despite seeing this:

christian_bale_10.jpg

I can live with knowing Bane's done the unspeakable dance with men.

I am now reminded of the gay-cowboy Joker and "Brokebat Mountain" jokes :dry:.

I've opened a door here that I regret :csad:.

Mental image of me and tom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And mental image of heath mounting christian from behind...noooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to die!

Or more like Brokeback Batman?

Yeah I know....lame:csad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1