The Dark Knight Rises Tom Hardy as Bane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Ben greets Batman with a hello because he finds him attractive...crazy...mind blown

Ra's was extreme justice, vigilantism. Not evil evil.
As was Two-face.

The Joker was chaotic evil, for the laughs even if it wasn't necessary.
I want Bane to be pragmatic evil. Not killing for fun but never with a grain of pity or mercy.

If Ra's is Lawful Evil and Joker Chaotic Evil then I want Bane to be Neutral Evil.

I kind of agree with this. The thing that made Bane special amongst Batman's Rogues when he first was created, was the fact that Bane wasn't insane or crazy, in relation to his peers.

He was more of a tactician, like Bruce. He set a goal, not out of Gotham/World domination or the crippling of human values through fear & terror, but to defeat Batman, simply to do it. To prove that he was superior.

In a way, he always reminded me of physically imposing, highly more dangerous version of the Riddler, in the sense that their vendetta against Batman isn't about anything more than mere one-upmanship at it's core. Where the Joker is like a circus freak doppelganger for everything opposite what Batman stands for (justice, values, discipline) Bane is more, "whatever you can do, I can do better."

Bane came from a place where strength & fear ruled, and he overcame it to become the "king." Once he heard about Gotham, he viewed it almost as a jail within the city, and aspired to "rule" once again, this time by breaking the root cause of the criminal fear, the Batman himself!

Last edited:
Ra's wasn't evil. He just had delusional beliefs of how justice should be utilised. Morally wrong to us straight thinking folk.

Joker was evil because of his delusional beliefs that all people are as mad and bad as him. He was a murdering, psychotic nutjob.

Crane was evil,as he loved to sadisticly torture people with his fear gas in any which he could.

Two-Face wasn't evil. He also had delusional beliefs that what he was doing was fair justice.

Bane is SORT OFF evil. His intentions are murder in order to prove that he is top dog to everybody. Not quite insane or delusional,just morally corrupt because that is all he knows.

Ra's wasn't evil. He just had delusional beliefs of how justice should be utilised. Morally wrong to us straight thinking folk.

Joker was evil because of his delusional beliefs that all people are as mad and bad as him. He was a murdering, psychotic nutjob.

Crane was evil,as he loved to sadisticly torture people with his fear gas in any which he could.

Two-Face wasn't evil. He also had delusional beliefs that what he was doing was fair justice.

Bane is SORT OFF evil. His intentions are murder in order to prove that he is top dog to everybody. Not quite insane or delusional,just morally corrupt because that is all he knows.

Super post

I just only read Knightfall, before that I hadn't seen anything really worthwhile with Bane as the villain. Ofcourse there was the horriffic B&R monster and I thouth the depiction of him in TAS was very weak, not only was the voicework laughable so was the writing in the episode. Knightfall however, was glorious. Bane-wise (and otherwise aswell). I really, really despise the guy. He is totally evil, I think his self-obsession is a fascinating trait aswell. I can't wait to see him on screen, played by Tom Hardy who should do a damn fine job.

I know a post like this is kinda late in a topic like this, it having been known for so long that Bane is gonna be (on of the) villain(s) but I just liked to share my thoughts. :)

I wish we could go one thread without it taking an unfortunately homophobic turn...and gay sex is hot, so there. ;)

Well, no, I don't mind what he does in his personal life, but now I have a mental image of a homosexual Bane. :|
How would this take anything away from Bane's character one way or another? It wouldn't. Hey, maybe the reason he was unable to get it up with the prostitutes in the Knightfall novel wasn't because of his steroid usage, but because he's not into women.

And he did grow into adulthood in a prison. It's not like there were any women around, ya know...

*GASP!* The sky is falling! A comic book character that is generally considered to be badass might have the potential to like dudes!

How would this take anything away from Bane's character one way or another?

Umm.... well... having a mental picture of Bane snuggling with another man in bed just doesn't feel right... you know what I mean?

Umm.... well... having a mental picture of Bane snuggling with another man in bed just doesn't feel right... you know what I mean?
Bane isn't Hardy.

Hardy has played a dashing dairy in Rock'n'Rolla and nothing but the manliest man in Bronson.

Man or woman, Bane doesn't snuggle either way. ;)

Lol, true.

Bane isn't Hardy.

Hardy has played a dashing dairy in Rock'n'Rolla and nothing but the manliest man in Bronson.

Well, the only movie I've seen Hardy in was Bronson (and Inception) and I don't like picturing that beast of a man with another man.

Simple as that.

Lol, true.

Well, the only movie I've seen Hardy in was Bronson (and Inception) and I don't like picturing that beast of a man with another man.

Simple as that.
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnLrC2EYZho[/YT]
Best of both worlds, darling. A dominating queen.

And this one is awesome too.
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBY5_XrfMcU[/YT]

And to top it off the full scene of Hardy and Butler dancing:
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0oHeb8sACM&NR=1&feature=fvwp[/YT]

Uncomfortable yet?

Last edited:
Lol, true.

Simple as that.

Somebody wants Tom to himself..... :o :oldrazz:

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnLrC2EYZho[/YT]
Best of both worlds, darling. A dominating queen.

And this one is awesome too.
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBY5_XrfMcU[/YT]

Haha, pretty awesome clips. Guess I should add Rocknrolla to my queue.

Somebody wants Tom to himself..... :o :oldrazz:

Nah, Tom's not my type. I don't want a partner who can kick my ass despite me putting up my best fight. :(

For some reason I picture Bane wearing a trenchcoat and a bowler hat in this movie, haha.

I'm not sure, I just have a feeling about it.
A suit, a suit would be cool, but I don't know why everyone's so adamant about it.
But then, his comic versions pretty plain, and wouldn't translate to well to film I don't think, though if he had a suit, I can kind of imagine him at the end taking of his suit jacket and such to reveal a tanktop at some end fight scene with bats as some ode to his comicbook look. I also don't see why his venom wouldn't translate to screen, as Cranes fear toxic was done so without any changes. I don't think Bane would be Bane without it...
Plus it's just kind of cool; it makes him stand out more as a villain, visually at least, and not seem like just some big thug character.
I'm really interested to see what they do with the mask, though. Probably just be all black or something:huh:
I think more with Bane to get the character across his physical presence will have to have a strong impact, and his appearance moreso won't matter as much, whereas with a character like the Joker it would.

Last edited:
91090-141275-bane_super.jpg

Hello...Im Ben. I'm here for my job interview with Mr Trump. Im willing to kiss ass,but if he yells at me,I WILL BREAK HIM!

The thing with Hardy in RocknRolla is, he may have been gay, but he could definitely be a intimidating bastard. The scene where they rob the Russians and Bob threatens all the onlookers with his gun springs to mind.

First post, new to all forums of any kind, but just want to say that I think Tom Hardy will be perfect as Bane!

First post, new to all forums of any kind, but just want to say that I think Tom Hardy will be perfect as Bane!

Quick to make another name though, better not be a bot

Going close this thread before TM makes a appearance, feel free to make another Tom Hardy thread peeps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"