Uncharted Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Good game. Beautiful to look at... The moment he is inside the church and drops out the window and the camera pans out just left me speechless. The big car chase scene was crazy.

This looks so good. The fact that it gets sold at a budget price is crazy.

You know, I miss some of the more supernatural and outlandish things that was absent in Uncharted 3 and 4. I don't think I'd change those stories, but I'd like to see more of that weird stuff happening in this DLC.

I think it's been a good balance of the supernatural stuff and the more realistic stuff in this series.

They are really making up for the lack of Chloe in 4. :woot:

I wonder if the pacing will be closer to UC2 or 4. I saw a lot of people complain about the latter's.

I wonder if the pacing will be closer to UC2 or 4. I saw a lot of people complain about the latter's.
Considering it's a shorter experience they claim is around 10 hours, it's going to be more like thr original trilogy

Again though, for me at least I am glad we have variety like that in the franchise from game to game. Some faster pacing and then some slower pacing and spending more time with characters and their interactions. It's what makes for a great experience overall.

Lost Legacy looks awesome.

How Uncharted: The Lost Legacy Redefines the Series’ Approach to Storytelling

“There are some side quests where you can get treasures and emblems that give you a little more context of the region and the history of The Eleven Kings. It also gives you a little more time to spend with these characters and build that bond – or splinter it.”

To leave discovery of so many details up to the curiosity of the player is a brave move for the Uncharted franchise, where story has always taken the role of a central thread that unfolds over the course of play. But it was a conscious decision.

“In this open world space you have options. You can go straight across it, moving from point to point, or you can spend many hours in one spot and learn a lot more about the world, the characters and their relationships.”

Your relationships affect how the action plays out

“One area that we’re really proud of is the ‘spilling’ of narrative into gameplay,” Shaun explains. “If the characters are doing well – if they’re having a good time and bonding – then gameplay is at its most efficient: you’re fighting and Nadine is there kicking some ash.
“If the characters are at odds, though, you may have more difficulty. Your partner may be upset with you, may leave you – abandon you – may go do her own thing and this is really, really exciting for us at Naughty Dog because we’re always trying to blur the line between cut-scene, in-game and gameplay.”

More at link:

https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...edefines-the-series-approach-to-storytelling/

Lost Legacy will retail for $40 and come out in August

Im glad i bought it when it was $20. It was essentially free as it was bundled with $20 worth of UC points

Why the $40 price tag I wonder? I hope that doesnt mean compromised quality.

The reduced price is because its an expansion of A Thiefs End. A 10 hour expansion, but an expansion nonetheless. Similar to what happened with Wolfenstein The Old Blood.

Also game developers are starting to experiment with games that are shorter or smaller scale than typical AAA games and sold at reduced prices. Senua Hellblade is a new game that is shorter than a typical AAA game and on release day it retails for $30.

Last edited:

the $40 price tag implies improved quality. This was originally meant to be some small DLC but its now its own retail game. Its far expansive than what they initially envisioned and should be around the same length as the PS3 games which ran 7-10 hours

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"