Uncharted Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

I will.........eventually.........someday.........

(adds Uncharted Collection to Holiday wishlist)

I think you'll like it a lot given the other games you like.

I have all three UC games on PS3 and only played/finished the first one. PS4 comes out and I get the UC Collection bundle. Started playing UC2 a bit then dropped it. I also have UC4 and Lost Legacy but obviously haven't gotten to them yet...

giphy.gif

I finished it last weekend and it took me 8:25. Thats about how long it took to beat UC2.

Overall was not a fan of the open areas. I prefer UC as a linear experience. There were times where I was directionless and was just driving around, not sure where to go or what to do. If it were going to be like this, I really wish there was an onscreen map to navigate.

I was glad to see Chloe again and this made up for her not being in UC4. I think that ND proved that they can make an UC game without Drake and she made for a decent protagonist

Ive heard people complain about Nadine but I had no issues with her and thought she was better portrayed her. I totally buy her as part of the "gang" now and can see her showing up in future adventures. Totally did not
expect to see Sam in this but he
was a welcomed surprise

The main villian? Underused, even more so than Katherine Marlowe. This series' villians are so hit and miss. They only got it right in 2 and 4 IMO

I wasnt too thrilled with the game at first and I think its bc I wasnt ready for another UC now. Just not what I want to play. Open world fatigue also played a role. I hope this is the last we see of UC for a long time. I hope ND come out with a new IP after TLOU

I finished it last weekend and it took me 8:25. Thats about how long it took to beat UC2.

Overall was not a fan of the open areas. I prefer UC as a linear experience. There were times where I was directionless and was just driving around, not sure where to go or what to do. If it were going to be like this, I really wish there was an onscreen map to navigate.

I was glad to see Chloe again and this made up for her not being in UC4. I think that ND proved that they can make an UC game without Drake and she made for a decent protagonist

Ive heard people complain about Nadine but I had no issues with her and thought she was better portrayed her. I totally buy her as part of the "gang" now and can see her showing up in future adventures. Totally did not
expect to see Sam in this but he
was a welcomed surprise

The main villian? Underused, even more so than Katherine Marlowe. This series' villians are so hit and miss. They only got it right in 2 and 4 IMO

I wasnt too thrilled with the game at first and I think its bc I wasnt ready for another UC now. Just not what I want to play. Open world fatigue also played a role. I hope this is the last we see of UC for a long time. I hope ND come out with a new IP after TLOU

:huh: There was a map with location markers on it that show the player where they need to go. The game tells the player how to pull up the map.

i just bought this game. looking forward to reading this thread and checking it out. i've heard nothing but good things

i just bought this game. looking forward to reading this thread and checking it out. i've heard nothing but good things

If you’re a fan of the series, and especially a fan of The Last of Us then you’ll really enjoy this I think.

The graphics are beautiful!

Enjoy finding the treasures, if you areinto 100% completion.

Give a source, then. Like I said, Drake in real time (as of 2016), is in his 40s, but within the time frame of the game, based on the breakdown I presented from info given within the games themselves, he is not yet 40 in Uncharted 4.

superlong overdue but here are the screenshots I told you bout. during a ND twitch stream someone asked how old Drake was and they responded only as "in his 40s by now"

$

26910681_10156143517322244_1924503455904038441_o.jpg

So, I don't know what gave you the idea with or without real time, how you came to the conclusion that he isn't at that age

Just acquired and started playing last night. Was thrown straight into the action, and then the opening credits pop up, it was like the longest opening sequence ever known.

Finally picked this up. There are more cut scenes in the first half hour than the entire series.

I might pick up Nathan Drake Collection and Lost Legacy before the end of the year or early next year. I hope it won't get buried by other games as I've had these two games in my list for so long and I've played A Thief's End more than two years ago. So its definitely way overdue for me.

I just picked up Lost Legacy and I noticed that there's no thread for it in this forum. Anyway I can't wait to play it right after I'm done with Red Dead Redemption Ii's main story.

I just picked up Lost Legacy and I noticed that there's no thread for it in this forum. Anyway I can't wait to play it right after I'm done with Red Dead Redemption Ii's main story.
My review for Uncharted The Lost Legacy

So before I played this, I looked up how long the walkthrough of this from Radbrad's YouTube channel. I was surprised how short the game is. Then I learned that this was originally supposed to be a dlc for A Thief's End. When I played the game, it didn't feel short... until I reached the end. It did feel short and I wish it was longer. I only really played the game like 2 hours maximum per day so I didn't really finish this in a rapid speed. But according to my stats, I finished it in 9 hours and 6 minutes. That is short. Unlike A Thief's End, I have no intention to revisit the game just to get all the collectibles, though if I do, I guess it would make the game a lot longer. I don't think it looks better than A Thief's End, and this one didn't have variety when it comes to locations. I wish Chloe/Nadine had adventures outside of the hidden temple/jungles. I kinda felt like in terms of scale, this is definitely not as ambitious as the other Uncharted games. It does feel like a side game. That being said, this was quite entertaining. The controls are so easy. There was a section in the game that it felt like a semi open world which I didn't expect. Just finding all the tokens to get that ruby bracelet was the most time consuming task in the entire game, and the map was a bit confusing. It took me like two to three days to get though that entire section. But getting the bracelet was worth it. The puzzles were a bit challenging as well. I played this in moderate difficulty and there were parts that I found challenging. I also died a lot in quicktime physical fights. Over all, it is a good game and I like the two lead characters, but I wish it was longer.

It basically is a DLC, isn't it?
Didn't cost full price when it came out, either.

I wouldn't mind seeing those two girls again.

I just finished playing the first three games for the first time!

The first one is the one that I enjoyed the least. The platforming here can be annoying and I didn't really like that the whole game only took place in 1 abandoned island which I expected since I watched a walkthrough of this before. Even in easy mode, there were so much enemies to kill and I felt like I didn't really have a break from the enemies. The zombies stressed me out as well, those were my least favorite things in the game. I also didn't like the scuba portions of the game. I hated those parts. Even though I finished it in 4 to 5 days, I died plenty of times and I just didn't find it fun.

The second game was much better mostly because it had variety in locations which I want in an Uncharted game. Well everything was better in this game, and I didn't really look that much online for help when playing this. Since I recently played Lost Legacy, it was nice to see Chloe and Nathan together in a game. This game had a lot of crazy moments. I also liked that not all chapters featured enemies to kill, because if I wanted to just kill and shoot again and again, I would play something else. So thank God, they lessen the enemies here. But there were times that the amount of enemies in the 2nd game was annoying. I didn't have this problem with A Thief's End/Lost Legacy, and I played Lost Legacy in moderate mode and not in easy. I finished the 2nd game in 9hrs, 44 mins. Just 40 minutes longer than Lost Legacy.

The third game took me close to a week. I wanted to take my time, but it was definitely not as long as I thought it would be. I liked that this one had fewer enemies than the first two games. I guess that should explain why its shorter than the 2nd game. This is probably that one that I liked the most in the first three, simply because it had a lot of different locations. London, an abandoned mansion, underground structures, castles, Yemen, ship, airplane, desert and even had a flashback scenario when Nate was a kid. The newer characters were more memorable to me compare to the 1 and done characters in the first and second game. This game had a lot of set pieces, and shooting enemies here wasn't as tiring compare to the first two games. The fire demons were annoying though and I was killed plenty of times. I beat this in exactly 8 hours. Quite short.

I'm not gonna replay A Thief's End, but I still remember parts of it, so I will rank that as the best as I find its exploration part as the best in the franchise. The first game is definitely the worst. Lost Legacy is #4 as it lacked variety in locations. The third game for me is more enjoyable and engaging than the second game, so the third game is the second best.

My main criticism about the franchise, I like Uncharted but I just don't love it especially compare to other VG franchises out there. Which is the main reason why it took me so long to pick up the first three games (Uncharted 4 is my 1st ps4 game). Nathan and Chloe are great. But the other characters seemed pretty genetic supporting characters. I also think if there's going to be a Uncharted 5, I feel like maybe they need to include some customization and leveling up/upgrading skills/gadgets. Even the Last of Us has some upgrading features that would can be useful in combat. Uncharted has so many damn enemies to kill and you can't upgrade Nathan at all. I don't think you can also pick costumes inbetween chapters. I would like to see Nathan's all allies from 1 to 4, if there's a fifth game. It would be like the All Stars of the series. Though I'm not interested with his daughter.

Uncharted is too big to stop now it feels. It feels like too important an exclusive to not get an outing on PS5.

I have yet to finish the Uncharted series. I have them just haven't finished them yet. There are so many games I need to finish before the PS5 comes out. :(

I have yet to finish the Uncharted series. I have them just haven't finished them yet. There are so many games I need to finish before the PS5 comes out. :(
What are those?

The Uncharted games are like some of the shortest games (in my eXperience) playing ps4. I think even if you take your time or play them 1 hour/1chapter per day, you'd finish the five games in two months.

I still want a Sam and Sully game. Then I want a Drake family game with Drake's daughter as the main character and Nate and Elena in the supporting roles.

There's no need to reboot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"