Gotham Victoria Cartagena / Andrew S. Jones as Renee Montoya & Crispus Allen Thread

And again, how does he know THEY don't work for Falcone?

What good is a private meeting with two people who might work for the person you don't want finding out you screwed over going to do?

Well, for one thing, they specifically ask Gordon about if Falcone paid him for the murder, which would be a funny thing to ask if they were also working for him.

For another, Gordon clearly believes they're not, because he outright tells them that he didn't kill Cobblepot, which would be suicide if they were actually working for Falcone.

This aside from the fact that Gordon has already heard corrupt cops refer to them as "do-gooders" AND has heard Montoya speak pretty angrily about Falcone and "the rest of your crooked friends".

So yeah, Gordon knows they're not with Falcone. Either that or he's the dumbest cop on the force.

Heck yeah! Screw the Gotham PD, they all betrayed him.

Enter Montoya & Allen!

wjaKz9K.jpg

Last edited:
I'm really glad they did something with Montoya/Allen this episode that didn't seem ridiculous (although I liked the Montoya/Barbara scene from the last episode).

They are such great characters in the comics and I hope their stories get told.

Next week: Gordon, Montoya & Allen finally working together.
And they meet with a district attorney Harvey Dent.
gotham-ep109__scn10_15178_hires1.jpg

So will Montoya and Dent have a history?

I think there are truly three good cops...Montoya, Allen and Gordon and perhaps Bullock. It was nice they did their part as good cop to fight back unlike the rest of the police station

From Cartagena's twitter - https://twitter.com/VickiCartagena/status/519511942466387968
Is this a personal image or from an actual episode?
Fedora, nod to the ¿Question?
BzWsOe6IEAAqaDO.jpg:large

She later jokes/hints it's a bit more Carmen Sandiego than the Question:woot: I don't mind that nod either.
Now is there a parallel image of Crispus Allen in a long greenish coat and hood?

Last edited:
Maybe I'm jaded, but seeing these two women together again, doesn't make either of them more interesting.

They have to do something else with them.

And Crispus is still a complete cipher.

Maybe I'm jaded, but seeing these two women together again, doesn't make either of them more interesting.

They have to do something else with them.

And Crispus is still a complete cipher.

How about giving both of them a nice pair of cement shoes? Old school yes, but a classic nonetheless. :woot::woot:

How about giving both of them a nice pair of cement shoes? Old school yes, but a classic nonetheless. :woot::woot:

LOL that's how we got the first Specter.

No I don't need to see them dead, they do have to do something with them though. other than just be annoying to Gordon (and by extension us).

LOL that's how we got the first Specter.

No I don't need to see them dead, they do have to do something with them though. other than just be annoying to Gordon (and by extension us).

At this point, she just needs to become the Question. That's about the only way they could interest me with her. :whatever:

Crispus Allen desperately needs something to do on this show.

The show is really trying to make us hate Babs and Montoya. Not sure why. You can have a love triangle but now no-one would want to see Jim take her back.
Does leave Jim open to a new relationship I guess.

The show is really trying to make us hate Babs and Montoya. Not sure why. You can have a love triangle but now no-one would want to see Jim take her back.
Does leave Jim open to a new relationship I guess.

I actually hope that the creators don't have Jim end up with this version of Barbara like he normally does in the comics.

It's a damn shame that they had to make Jim's other canon love interest, Sarah Essen, into his much older Captain for this series. A character like Essen would have been a much better candidate to take the spot of Gordon's new love interest.

I actually hope that the creators don't have Jim end up with this version of Barbara like he normally does in the comics.

It's a damn shame that they had to make Jim's other canon love interest, Sarah Essen, into his much older Captain for this series. A character like Essen would have been a much better candidate to take the spot of Gordon's new love interest.

(Hopefully) we have a few more years of this series. Plenty of time for Babs to redeem herself. Just hope Jim makes her work for it (or at least gets a couple of her friends to come round for a party).

What they need to do is make them interesting cops! Not this love triangle.:whatever:
That is Montoya and Allen (Barbra has her own thread, although now she's attached to Montaya again)

Actually get to see what made them the supposed "good" uncorruptable cops.
That Gordon actually trust and has asked Alfred and Wayne to trust.

But so far we haven't seen why! In fact the opposite. We saw them badger Gordon.
We do finally get to see them drive in and save Gordon when all the rest of the Gotham PD absolutely betrayed him.
But we have no Idea what motivated that.
OK they now trust Gordon, they are on the same side, but we can't just be told that, if they are good cops, we have to see it.

Last edited:
I wonder how they are actually two of the few remaining good cops around. Gordon is a good cop, but you see all the **** he goes through, trying to live by his moral compass. You try to do good in Gotham, you're going to step on somebody's toes. Montoya and Allen seem to be such goody two shoes, why is nobody trying to make their life miserable?

Thought they were like Internal Affairs. Their job is to root out the corruption in the police/mayors office. They are not actually part of Gotham PD.

They introduce themselves as Major Crimes Unit.
I guess we don't even know who set that up?

As a fan of Gotham Central it breaks my heart how Montoya and All are handled on the show. Might as well have rechristen them Ramirez and someone else til the real Renee and Crispus turn up later in the series.

This! And I'm not fond of the idea of shipping Jim with Leslie when she and Alfred belong together in canon.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"